Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Can i get banned for use this?

is this allowed? it's a Loading timer, metronome alike:

[Removed by Support]
even Alpha members used it in the past. i need a clarification since farming fragments is painful already.
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Jan 30, 2015, 4:49:12 PM
If it feels like cheating, don't do it... even if they don't ban for it. You'll thank me when you're 60+ and still have some integrity.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If it feels like cheating, don't do it... even if they don't ban for it. You'll thank me when you're 60+ and still have some integrity.

thanks, but i need a real clarification on this.
First off remove the link, and yeah, i'm prety sure they do ban for this...they were banning people that were spam creating instances and thats what you do when using this mod, not sure if it reads ram.

If you need an answer email support don't post potentially dodgy links on the forum.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
You will be detected as a bot and your account will get banned since loading instances and deciding whether to keep them or not in a loop is often bot (and/or maphacker) behaviour.

You will have to contact support afterward and plead your case and prove you're not a bot or botting. Technically this is not against the ToS since it's not modifying the client.

It'll still probably be pretty awkward even after they (correctly) unban you, since while it's technically not against the ToS, it probably needs to be.

If you want to deal with that headache, go for it. It's too meta-gamey for my tastes and the hassle of a false positive ban is annoying.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 30, 2015, 3:42:12 PM
You can just keep a beat with your foot and count how many beats it takes to load an instance. No need for a program for that.

On another note, I wrote down the time it takes to load an instance with all kinds of things (corrupted areas, strong boxes, shrines, masters) and it makes absolutely no difference in loading times for me when loading a corrupted area. The only thing that takes longer is spawning masters. This depends on your hard drive so it might work for you.

I have not heard anything about loading instances in quick succession is against the rules. But don't take my word for it. It is a physical limitation of your hard drive that makes things take time to load so there is no cheating at all in keeping track of the time it takes to load an instance. If GGG would want to remove this possibility they would put a minimum loading time when loading instances so that it is not possible to detect what is being loaded.
"
redicboos wrote:
is this allowed?

In 90% of the cases when you have to ask this question the answer is "yes, you can get banned". AutoIt is a very mighty tool, I don't think ggg likes AutoIt running in the background.
If I were you I would not use it!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
redicboos wrote:
is this allowed?

In 90% of the cases when you have to ask this question the answer is "yes, you can get banned". AutoIt is a very mighty tool, I don't think ggg likes AutoIt running in the background.
If I were you I would not use it!

"Better safe than sorry" we always say.
"
puviel wrote:
I have not heard anything about loading instances in quick succession is against the rules.

If GGG would want to remove this possibility they would put a minimum loading time when loading instances so that it is not possible to detect what is being loaded.

You're right. It is very much not against the ToS. At the same time, it will get picked up as a false positive in GGG's bot-ban filter.

---

As opposed to a minimum load time, GGG could also institute a "maximum number of open instances" amount. This also matches their monetary concerns, since instances are 1:1 with server resources getting used up, and there should probably be an upper bound there.

I mean, realistically, there is already an upper bound on the number of open instances you can have. Eventually you'll pass that bound and get picked up in the bot filter. Would be nice if GGG just made that number explicit. :P
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 30, 2015, 4:13:16 PM
This is def cheating, otherwise corrupted zones would always spawn.

Will you get banned? Probably not. but don't come begging to GGG when your account is banned.

Never understood this kind of farming anyways, its even more boring than the snoozefest that is farming atziri itself. Just run maps OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info