Worst patch for build diversity?

Last edited by vangrandson on Jan 31, 2015, 2:34:03 AM
My crit was buffed, are we playing the same game?
patch 1.3
the best patch for crit allowing 100% curse immunity.
Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.
Last edited by LegionsOmen on Jan 31, 2015, 5:46:36 AM
kinda disagree.
spell builds I can think of that MIGHT work without crit:
dual flame totem / shockwave totem
arc
flameblast

and even they work better with crit.

I do think, however, that this is working as intended. The monster hp scales up higher and higher, and you need to keep up. every build CAN go crit out of free will, or decide to leave it be. So I don't really know what the problem is - every build can go crit -> balanced.

Also, I have to disagree on another point you raised.
fist of all, most builds are playable. F. ex., concerning build diversity, i have seen a lot of effective FP builds and static strike builds.
and cyclone isn't safe: melee - especially cyclone - vs bond of chaos, obelisks or beyonders isn't fun.
Ground Slam with AoE works MUCH better (although it has other disadvantages).

So I'd say there is room for improvement, but i don't think there are only a handful of possible builds.

I, for one, play half-physical half-elemental crit bow duelist, level91 bloodlines. (phys to lightning OP!) Hooray for creativity and build diversity.

Also, check out
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mathilification/videos

for information on build diversity and watch him kill aziri with shock nova :D
its balanced because every build can go crit ?
more like its not balanced because crit is better than non-crit on almost every build
there is diversity and diversity

when you want to compete with top 0,1% of players, then yes, the options are limited, because every bit of build performance matters.

but if you only want to make fun solid builds for endgame mapping, then the build possibilities are endless

also, playing HC cuts the options down, because you have to focus on surviving and have less points/gear choices left for other things

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Well, tonight i'm gonna build a character that uses Sake+GMB(bottles) for area damage and potatosalad+added tuna for single(female)targets... such diversity
d:-D*
I'm pretty sure this same thread title gets created, every patch.

Personally, I've enjoyed this patch. There might be some truth in the OP's statement but the game overall is very enjoyable. I don't have the time to play more than a couple of hrs a day, some days just long enough to complete dailies... So, my experience may be very different than that of others.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
1.3 nerfed crit

I think I stopped reading right about there. Nerfed crit? Huh? Soooo, are you really telling me you're playing non crit builds now? LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info