Next Level Incinerate: Low-Life Righteous Fire Rainbowhose (12k GMP Tooltip)

"
spl0ck wrote:
gear
Spoiler

Looking at your build and tree I can see what your doing. I'm guessing the higher max ES means you don't mind losing the 1% max fire resist?
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
Ashkatar wrote:
"
Esgaldu wrote:
"
spl0ck wrote:
gear

no chayula/ lion paws
such yolo, wow

it's not yolo at all, witch anti stun nodes offer all the stun avoidance an incinerate build would ever need. l2p.

Chayula is really good for this build for a few reasons:
1) Cannot be stunned
2) Decreases max life, making it easier to sustain RF
3) Unique, meaning you can buy one with +1% max resists relatively easily
"
Ashkatar wrote:
before i continue, take into account i'm perfectly happy with your build and i'm sure it works just fine. So no offense.

But that's my point though, because you have stacked so much lighting and cold, you have that issue with reflect, which you otherwise would not have had. In my current life based and i'm not too sure i haven't checked it before i wrote this comment, i get about 150-160% spell dmg with scold's and skill tree, without other items, than about similar values for both fire and elem dmg with other items considered and the skill tree, which results in a fairly balanced x fire dmg dealt, and than 0.5x cold-lightning dmg dealt which achieves similar to yours dmg, without creating that reflect problem. Which to me is kinda important because personally i'm a fan of playing eyes closed without worrying if i had pressed the flasks on time or if i have attacked too large a group of monsters and put myself into a dangerous spot. Also i wouldn't say that scold's is a different build, the way i use it is i incinerate the trash mobs and only ever use vaal molten shell for bosses, or in a full party with increased aoe instead for trash just to carry the party, very easily can carry full party of people doing nothing just gotta get used to timing vaal molten shell well and not activating it in dead ends of maps. Honestly to me scold's is one of the best uniques in the game now, it's simply a very nice mechanic for tons of damage, and anyone playing incinerate, the fastest cast spell in the game, should jump on it and abuse the damages ;D

Yeah, I totally agree that scolds is awesome and I definitely have one on my shopping list.

About the reflect thing, it's really not a problem against reflect monsters/packs. I do take a little damage from them but I can blow down even large reflect packs usually without flasking.

The only place where reflect becomes an irritation is if you play an actual reflect map, in which case you can't really just faceroll it without making some adaptations. There are a bunch of adaptations you can make which make it very doable, but they do require a little bit of prep.
IGNs

My setup to gain more fire resist

Purity of fire lvl 23 =(geofris +1) + ( empower lvl 2 (geofri + emp lvl 1 ))
with "Inner Force" + "Devotion" u gain +26% buff effect and reach 90 fire resist easy.. u can use with life based tree or low_life RF tree
"
spl0ck wrote:
gear
Spoiler

Just went further in depth into your tree and gear choices. I like some of the alternatives you present, but I'd also like to suggest an alternative variation that keeps with the original theme of the build.

If you take the Charisma cluster you can run the following setup:

Reduced Mana -> Empower -> Vitality -> Purity of Fire
Empower -> Herald of Ice -> Herald of Thunder
Reduced Mana -> Blood Magic -> Discipline -> Clarity

You can also take the Devotion node to get +1% max fire res. You gave a max ES number of like 7.8k, which is in part possible due to your gear. Even if we reduce that to a more modest 7k, the setup suggest above will allow you to trip all 3 of the scion regen nodes. If you also manage to get a +1 max res corrupted amulet you can drop the entire Combat Stamina cluster and two of the scion regen nodes. If you respec Dynamo into different mana nodes (Dreamer, for example), then this could be a savings of enough points to nearly pay for the Charisma and Devotion nodes. You'd be 2 short given your current build:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pLrukCGyXZW20ZLYsfxyycK3jfsIIQNbkRUKcrHNwNjWwLIvTBxX_GL2_ZE3C77Bh-WUlR8NWP-oMJRnG0DJMnHarhiCymN2Y0Cuq6kNYNfFfJN4Om64LHKPrGnhB_DH356MBmRUcy0biT6-7kIrUE98EabNWmmjvtPIKb7DjtIJZ0toZ8S2jyW6CnVXwOaHSMdp48wBq3MfrSZp5CoySwFy-ApFXWZOdxhVcpRtfzEbFCX2rb50cG0NBTUkWdmuBXK72Ce9caj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSm-ekFUnLypTYpWycA==

If you were to use Eye of Chayula, you could do this and have 3 spare points left over, although you might need a +30 strength node:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pLrukCGyXZW20Z37CCEDW5EVCnKxzcDY1sCyL0wcV_xi9v2RNwu-wYSVHw1Y_6gwlGcbQMkycdquGILKY3ZjQK6rqQ1g18V8k3g6brgsco-saeEH8MffnowGZFRzLRuJPr7uQitQT3wRps1aaaO-08gpvsOO0glnS2hnxLaPJboKdVfA5odIx2njzAGrcx-tJmnkKjJLAXL4CkVdZk53GFVylG1_MRsUJfatvnRwbQ0FNSRZ2a4FcrvYJ71xqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKb56QVScvKlNilbJw
IGNs

Me And Swarm have been talking about different setup's you could use

i opted for a different setup to swarm using Eye of chayula instead of Lioneye's, i don't have as much dps but i generally do not like the -20% move speed from lioneye's so eye of chayula it was.
GEAR
Spoiler

i have alot of gear upgrades to make but this setup is fine for me atm, i have 233 mana/s with level 17 Clarity and gems are still leveling
Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADF8MfQ18EH8RUBcvGYoaOBpsGo8bJRynHNwdFB1PHaoksCj6KlMtHy9vNbk8LUGHQqNFnUZxRtdHBkuuTP9TUlOlVdZXKVfJW6Bca1yKXypfamKVZOdmnmh0aPJtGW-ecLtxhXRVe9d8DnxLf8aApILHgwmESIx2j0aP-pBVkyeUoJUglnSa4Juhm7WdrqKjpwinK6dVrJivbLFCsnC0DLcxtz64k8AawcXB88M6w23GnsauykrQ0NkT2VvaYtq52-ffiuGI6QLquuvu7Bj22vfB99f56PrS-wk=

i took mana nodes to make up for the loss of not having mana regen on an amulet of course you cold do away with those but it means making up for the loss of regen on gear which can be quite hard or or you could just run a lower level AA insead

My Tool tip DPS with current setup
Spoiler

Also a side not with my setup you need a around about 1450 life to support Level 20 Clarity + PoL on Blood Magic
Last edited by MojoREKT on Feb 2, 2015, 2:07:36 PM
"
swarmofseals wrote:
"
bullgaria wrote:
I feel like Witch simply does a better job at this build though...
Templar forces you to take 2 extra nodes which actively hurt you by increasing your max life and making it harder to get the required regen.

Here's the tree I'd recommend:
Witch - 110pts

I completely agree with this and mentioned this fact in the original post. I picked templar because I had already done an 85 witch and needed a third class for the challenges.

Right, well...I've got a second suggestion for improving your tree.

Inner Force + Devotion add exactly 20% to your aura effectiveness, but also increase the rate at which you burn yourself dramatically. What happens is that the end result is less than a fraction of a percent different than not having them at all. You can take a look at the math here.

There's an argument to be made that it does increase your AA armor and RF "more spell damage", but you are better off picking up more damage nodes from the tree and just raising your max ES (this will also save on the amount of mana regen you need).

Here's the alternate tree you can switch to: Templar - 110pts

All it'll take is 13 regret orbs:
Current Tree
7 Regrets -> Place Points
3 Regrets -> Place Points
3 Regrets -> Place Points (Final Tree)

...that being said, the 20% increase to buffs does apply to all your auras, so do test it out to see which is better in practice.
Last edited by bullgaria on Feb 2, 2015, 3:27:53 PM
"
bullgaria wrote:

Right, well...I've got a second suggestion for improving your tree.

Inner Force + Devotion add exactly 20% to your aura effectiveness, but also increase the rate at which you burn yourself dramatically. What happens is that the end result is less than a fraction of a percent different than not having them at all. You can take a look at the math here.

There's an argument to be made that it does increase your AA armor and RF "more spell damage", but you are better off picking up more damage nodes from the tree and just raising your max ES (this will also save on the amount of mana regen you need).

Here's the alternate tree you can switch to: Templar - 110pts

All it'll take is 13 regret orbs:
Current Tree
7 Regrets -> Place Points
3 Regrets -> Place Points
3 Regrets -> Place Points (Final Tree)

...that being said, the 20% increase to buffs does apply to all your auras, so do test it out to see which is better in practice.

Thanks for the feedback. I've actually already tested this and the extra buff effect is worth it. When I leveled this build from scratch, I basically did it in the following stages:

1. Hybrid Life/ES incinerate up to level 62
2. Level 62 transition to low-life
3. Level 70 transition to RF
4. Level 75 transition to Doryani's
5. Level ?? (depends on gear) transition to inner force + devotion

I was shocked at how much DPS inner force + devotion gave me. The buff effect on RF is real, as is the boost Heralds and Haste/Devotion.
IGNs

Hmm

Here is what I'm running.

With one herald I'm at 5.5k tool tip, with both I'm at 6.5.

What are your stats without haste or empower?
Hi

I saw this guide and decided to make my own variation on it:

At the moment I'm lvl 82 and feel very strong. I have 14.6k dps and still have 5 damage nodes to take. In about 2 lvls i'll have over 6K ES, which seems enough imo

Running Discipline, Clarity, Vitality, Pur Of Fire, Haste, Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, lvl 21 AA and ofcourse Righteous Fire as buffs

Also to get some extra defense i threw in a cwdt setup with enduring cry and immortal call

Seems very stable, strong, and I like it a lot!

Gear+links:

Spoiler

Reduced mana + Empower + Purity of Fire + Herald of Ice

Reduced mana + Herald of Thunder + Haste + Vitality

Reduced mana + Blood magic + Discipline + Clarity

Righteous fire + Lightning warp + Reduced Duration

CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal call

Arctic armour

Incinerate + Fire pen + LMP + Faster casting + Echo + Added Chaos

grtz
Last edited by Claeysken on Feb 13, 2015, 6:58:20 PM

Report Forum Post