Next Level Incinerate: Low-Life Righteous Fire Rainbowhose (12k GMP Tooltip)

I feel like Witch simply does a better job at this build though...
Templar forces you to take 2 extra nodes which actively hurt you by increasing your max life and making it harder to get the required regen.

Here's the tree I'd recommend:
Witch - 110pts
just my two cents for the first person, you'r not using fire penetration gem in your 6l which is a rather major damage decrease, especially in the atziri instance where all trash mobs have ele reasists as well as bosses. Also stacking too much cold and lightning damage is actually pretty bad because reflect monsters start posing an actual threat then. Also if you really want to have a lightning warp why not use a second unset ring? Also, there's no need to have +1 level in your phoenix shield as empower 3+purity 21 gives that one more % fire res, while you could have 6% dmg taken adds to mana cor mod on it instead, which is VERY nice.

to the second, http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/236pa3/proof_that_the_vertex_works_with_auras/
vertex does not reduce the mana cost of auras at all, so only using it for the +1 is kinda pointless, howerver, using the scold's bridle which is currently the cream on torment, is a very large damage increase. It not only adds 100% top end spell damage and mana, it also is currently rediculously strong in the combination with vaal molten shell,

p.s. it's unique effect gets canceled out by the AA, while it still procs active vaal molten shell effect which in combination with high cast speed incinerate is insane damage for 17-24seconds depending if you take duration nodes between templar and mara tree. And not only does vaal molten shell give you that damage for the duration, it also gives you a lot of armour for its duration, i get about 6-8k armour during it, if i flask up it's 24k all together which is a serious amount in itself.
p.s.s i too thought about going low life, but imho ll incinerate rf does not offer any actual damage increase, for comparison i have 10.8k tooltip with added cold gem instead of faster projectiles in the six link, if you add fire pen gem on top of that it actually is noticeably higher damage than with added lightning as 6th link. While ll increases the build costs rather drastically, for the price of 6l shav alone you could have a fully functional life based build with the same stats and higher rolls on uniques/rare rings amulets. Why is it the same tooltip? because life regen in the skill tree tends to be next to life% nodes, as well as mana/mana regen, allowing you to have better tank with mom/eldrich battery aa, while spending more skill points on fire damage/elem dmg in the skill tree.
p.s.s.s Also you shouldn't be worried about stun, take the nodes in the middle of the witch skill tree and you will never notice it much at all, which will allow you to move/clear maps faster.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Feb 2, 2015, 5:30:12 AM
"
spl0ck wrote:
gear

no chayula/ lion paws
such yolo, wow
"
Esgaldu wrote:
"
spl0ck wrote:
gear

no chayula/ lion paws
such yolo, wow

it's not yolo at all, witch anti stun nodes offer all the stun avoidance an incinerate build would ever need. l2p.
55% =/= 100%
keepin in mind 1.1-1.2k life anything can stun u half of the time
if you stand afk, i guess? with the new elem effects nodes in the tree you get 10% freeze chance, with the speed of incinerate cast nothing should ever reach you unless it's a flicker/jump/underground monster, and even then you still one shot the first two on their approach with this tooltip. Again it's completely unnecessary and only serves to drastically slow the map clear speed. Also to be effectively stunned by "anything" in this game as you put it, they need to be dealing over 50% of damage with every hit. At level 90 templar should have a minimum of about 1500 life, probably more because he still has some life% in the skill tree. So monsters have to deal over 800 damage to effective stun you all the time. That is entirely not the case, ESPECIALLY if you'r using AA. The only things that crit stun you are some lightning spells and high phys dmg mobs such as bears and golems, which are notoriously slow. Your main mistake right now is forgetting that he's using aa, which at high level especially with empower cancels out vast majority of quick hitting range phys mobs which ARE the stun problem but not in THIS build. Also we are not talking about half a year ago meta right now, there's a reason why incinerate wasn't popular back then? We'r talking about now, and now it's no problem at all with the witch nodes picked up. (which fyi also give you 20 dex, a much needed stat hard to get in this build for gmp/faster proj gems)
Last edited by Ashkatar on Feb 2, 2015, 5:50:55 AM
Well, i was runing llRF inci back in ambush, before HoT/HoI so there were nothing to freeze with, prob now it's different, any way losing 10-15% dps for

gave a try, looks like chayula/lio paws for stun immune is more of QoL rather than musthave now, although, paws still can be used for these 60 dex, and chayula for these -20% life.
game is changed quite alot
Last edited by Esgaldu on Feb 2, 2015, 6:48:47 AM
"
bullgaria wrote:
I feel like Witch simply does a better job at this build though...
Templar forces you to take 2 extra nodes which actively hurt you by increasing your max life and making it harder to get the required regen.

Here's the tree I'd recommend:
Witch - 110pts

I completely agree with this and mentioned this fact in the original post. I picked templar because I had already done an 85 witch and needed a third class for the challenges.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
Ashkatar wrote:
just my two cents for the first person, you'r not using fire penetration gem in your 6l which is a rather major damage decrease, especially in the atziri instance where all trash mobs have ele reasists as well as bosses. Also stacking too much cold and lightning damage is actually pretty bad because reflect monsters start posing an actual threat then. Also if you really want to have a lightning warp why not use a second unset ring? Also, there's no need to have +1 level in your phoenix shield as empower 3+purity 21 gives that one more % fire res, while you could have 6% dmg taken adds to mana cor mod on it instead, which is VERY nice.

to the second, http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/236pa3/proof_that_the_vertex_works_with_auras/
vertex does not reduce the mana cost of auras at all, so only using it for the +1 is kinda pointless, howerver, using the scold's bridle which is currently the cream on torment, is a very large damage increase. It not only adds 100% top end spell damage and mana, it also is currently rediculously strong in the combination with vaal molten shell,

1. I am not using fire penetration because less than half my damage actually comes from fire.

2. I talked about the reflect issue in the original post. It's not terrible, but I agree it's an annoying side effect of the extra cold/lightning damage.

3. Unsupported lightning warp is too slow.

4. I don't use purity in my Rise of the Phoenix. My Rise is empower + heralds. That's why the +1 level matters.

5. Scold's Bridle is awesome, but imo scolds is somewhat of a different build.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
before i continue, take into account i'm perfectly happy with your build and i'm sure it works just fine. So no offense.

But that's my point though, because you have stacked so much lighting and cold, you have that issue with reflect, which you otherwise would not have had. In my current life based and i'm not too sure i haven't checked it before i wrote this comment, i get about 150-160% spell dmg with scold's and skill tree, without other items, than about similar values for both fire and elem dmg with other items considered and the skill tree, which results in a fairly balanced x fire dmg dealt, and than 0.5x cold-lightning dmg dealt which achieves similar to yours dmg, without creating that reflect problem. Which to me is kinda important because personally i'm a fan of playing eyes closed without worrying if i had pressed the flasks on time or if i have attacked too large a group of monsters and put myself into a dangerous spot. Also i wouldn't say that scold's is a different build, the way i use it is i incinerate the trash mobs and only ever use vaal molten shell for bosses, or in a full party with increased aoe instead for trash just to carry the party, very easily can carry full party of people doing nothing just gotta get used to timing vaal molten shell well and not activating it in dead ends of maps. Honestly to me scold's is one of the best uniques in the game now, it's simply a very nice mechanic for tons of damage, and anyone playing incinerate, the fastest cast spell in the game, should jump on it and abuse the damages ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info