Improve my build - Witch freeze Ball Lightning

Taking a closer look at your tree, it looks like you have all the fundamental parts for a Herald of Thunder freeze setup.

The advantage of HoT freezing is that it's all passive; you can focus on adding as much damage to your main attack skill while HoT freezes everything around you, and as long as someone gets close to your (rather large) AOE, they're probably going to get frozen.

Check out my build guide, it includes videos of me shrugging off extra damage devourers and rhoas, among other things. The actual AOE skill (in my case Cyclone) is interchangeable; the key here is pushing damage with your Heralds.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1186566
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jan 30, 2015, 8:05:20 PM
Personally, I think your build has too many holes in it:
1) Depends on heralds activating to start rolling.
2) Freeze with a low damage skill (Lightning Ball)
3) Low defenses, EB will only be useful if you get a Cloak of Defiance (AA wont save you, I tell you this from experience)
4) Uses The Three Dragons (hate that helm :P)

Using your BL to freeze means you wont have enough damage to freeze anything in maps. Dropping the 3 Dragons and the Pyre ring (that really don't help you much on the damage department) and using a 4L Cold Snap - Cold Penetration - Ele Prolif - IAE will allow you to freeze the entire screen much more reliably and will allow you to link some damage to that BL.

Also I would recommend adding blind to those skells, it helps a lot.
"
Adser wrote:
Personally, I think your build has too many holes in it:
1) Depends on heralds activating to start rolling.
2) Freeze with a low damage skill (Lightning Ball)
3) Low defenses, EB will only be useful if you get a Cloak of Defiance (AA wont save you, I tell you this from experience)
4) Uses The Three Dragons (hate that helm :P)

Using your BL to freeze means you wont have enough damage to freeze anything in maps. Dropping the 3 Dragons and the Pyre ring (that really don't help you much on the damage department) and using a 4L Cold Snap - Cold Penetration - Ele Prolif - IAE will allow you to freeze the entire screen much more reliably and will allow you to link some damage to that BL.

Also I would recommend adding blind to those skells, it helps a lot.

This is all misinformation. You can permafreeze everything in maps with this setup. Although you don't need crit to do it. Focus on buffing your heralds more then anything. Especially herald of ice. It can chain explode entire packs if you do it right. Get a wand/scepter with +3 cold gems and use Herald of Ice + AoE and Empower. Link Herald of Thunder to Prolif and Reduced Mana. Use your Ball Lightning as more of a utility skill to proc your Heralds. I used prolif + lightning pen + quality added cold dmg + whatever else you want.

Herald of Thunder has enough dmg to freeze anything with it's high top end dmg. Use your ball lightning to kill a mob and the entire pack will chain explode from your Herald of Ice.

It's a very safe build to play IMO. It's especially safe against Devourers. Your Herald of Thunder will usually auto-freeze them before they even get a chance to hit you.

Here's the tree that I used:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcEswceCPQMfQ5IEH8RDxGWE54UsBZvFr8XVBhqGjgabBvxJKomlScvKPo2iTbpN4E6WDwFPV9FfEWdRtdJUUwtTLNPr1JTUrJTUlPUVUtVxlcpWAdd8l8qYeJnvWjyakNtGXGFdFV4L3zlfjN-x4IegpuCx4PbiEKMNo2Cj0aP-pBVlS6XlZeXl_SaO5rgm6Gdrp8Bn9-iAKSRpwismLFCtDi4k7zqwBrAVMBmwcXGntHk1abbC-NW42rkIuTr5Rnli-vu7BjsOO0873zwH_DV8xH06ffX-ej79Q==
IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
Last edited by UncleNana on Jan 31, 2015, 12:29:49 AM
about AA problem: just use Lightning Warp+Reduced Duration+Faster Casting to move /i have an incinerate shadow who use this and it's ok/
about dex points problem: what about maligaro's gloves? -crit chance+multi +some dex points...
also you could sacrifice few dmg points and take something that you need /for example Quick Recovery between templar and witch gives mana regen, life regen, life and on the way you can get 30dex by 1 point/
ps: are you sure you need so much chance to freeze? when you crit you freeze enemies+ when you crit you'll freeze them for longer -am i correct or i miss something...? or maybe only 10% chance to freeze from templar's area should be enough+ the freeze from the crits ? hm, maybe i will try this soon :)
good luck :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info