Improve my build - Witch freeze Ball Lightning

Gear

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwSzBUIHpQj0EFgRDxSwFm8XLxdUGjgdFCSqJy8snC9vNuk3gTpYPAU9X0GWQ8hG10myTC1Ms1JTUrJVxlXWW6BfKmSdZOdmnmjyakNtGXC7cYV2EXwOfq-ApIIQgh6Cm4PbiEKNGY5kj0aP-pBVl5WX9Jo7m6GfAZ_fogCnVayYrrOxQrb6vOrAGsBUwGbBxcy30PXVddWm2RPZX9q52wvdjN-K37DgEuNW42rk6-vk6_XsGOw47TzvfPAf8h33pvfX-tI=

What I plan to do with gear

- Get a 6l chest
- Use Ball Lightning + Spell Echo + Elemental Proliferation + Lightning Penetration + Power Charge on Critical + Life Leech
- Change Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration + Conductivity to gloves (conductivity not linked to the rest)
- Change Summon Skeletons + Spell Totem + Faster Casting to helmet (discarding Added Chaos Damage) (Keeping Arctic Armour not linked to the rest)

What I plan to do with tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pJsgLjB6WCEN-wLJx2ERBYOlhVxoPbBAdfKuvkUlOXlUyzbRmX9GpDwFQI9Lzq3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPrJj60h0Uj0aboffXgKRV1mTnFy_bC4IeFLBMLS9v2RNwu-wYwcWIQuNW5Os3gY_6cYXAGmae1XXMt7FCRtdXKScvkFUaOIKb7DjyHWSd6_XQ9UGWrrMFQrb696aOZFKymjvVpu08ogBDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B8Es8Bmn988BVPUjYLR5J8BF1RQMNtePV-FfRZA73zjahZvNukkqmND8uFHBtDQ

- I need 71 Dex for this build to work, so if you change Fate Eye Sapphire Ring or the Perandus Belt, you will need to fix de Dex
- Currently I have all res capped (160fire/159cold/140ltn/189withpurity), but chaos damage is a problem.
- My mana regen is enough to sustain Arctic Armour while walking without any chest if I use Discipline instead of Purity of Lightning, so ES is not a problem
- I think Saffell's Frame is going to be a problem because of the "cannot block attacks", so I'm planning to change it for something else, it can be another shield or a dual wield weapon (Maybe another Divinarius?)
- My bandits are +40 HP - Skillpoint - +1 Power Charge
It's just the beasts under you bed.
In your closet, in your head!
Last edited by coldlucas23 on Jan 29, 2015, 1:48:36 PM
Step 1: poe.trade
Step 2: Search Astramentis
Step 3: Buy Astramentis

If you are worried about loss of Mana regen, then you need to upgrade your gear & get Regen + Dex on other pieces.
Otherwise i suggest altering your tree.

Also, Use Maligaros instead of Voidbringer, try to get 30 dex on them.
And get a belt with Resists, then you can get a better ring with less resists and focus more on any other stats you need. Preferably pick up a diamond ring with whatever you need on it.
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 29, 2015, 5:23:53 PM
Sorry, but you're asking for me to change 141% crit chance to a 50% one AND to give up ANY mana regen I have, so I will need some explanation about why are you making these changes instead of just accepting all you're saying without asking.
Did something similar with Apep's Rage instead. I used Goldwyrm boots has it had 60% mana regen. With Atziri's Foible don't need much else. Had a decent belt and ring to cover resists and dex. Used Herald of Ice because it did add significant damage.

Can't comment on tree as it was last league. Think it's similar but I used Curse on Hit Arc for Warlord's Mark and got one Endurance charge It was good against everything else except bosses. I didn't focus on proliferation, just crit and crit multiplier... wanted proliferation on Vaal Storm Call but it was hard to get the colours on all gear and required sockets to not double up on a heralds/auras that wouldn't increases reserved mana. Used Herald of Thunder as well.

The dream would have been to drop curse on hit arc with vaal storm call some combo. Wanted Endurance charges, didn't have great defenses.

I think it's fine. I couldn't think of good ways to increase defenses, I just went full offense.
Last edited by YellowMage on Jan 29, 2015, 9:31:43 PM
I can't really see your tree very well because I'm on mobile, but one really great way to improve your defenses is to get a bunch of freeze chance and link proliferation with Herald of Thunder.

I have a non-crit Herald freeze build in the Templar section, it's super sexy and can easily clear extra damage maps filled with rhoas, devourers, and leap frogs.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
My physical defense problem is being dealt very well with Summon Skeletons, they're a perfect distraction when I put the totem in a secure place.

I though about using ele prolif with the herald, but in practice, the thunder strike usually falls in a target that's separate from others while the Ball Lightning wrecks everything else
Also can't think in a gem to sacrifice for ele prolif.
Last edited by coldlucas23 on Jan 29, 2015, 11:06:09 PM
"
coldlucas23 wrote:
Sorry, but you're asking for me to change 141% crit chance to a 50% one AND to give up ANY mana regen I have, so I will need some explanation about why are you making these changes instead of just accepting all you're saying without asking.

Swap Voids for Malis, you also get the extra dex.
Get a belt with rests.
Buy 2 Diamond rings to make up for lost Crit with mana regen on each + you should get yourself a decent ammy with crit % and regen. In total you will probably gain more mana regen and end up with the same if not a tiny less crit % but a ton of Multi form Malis.

To be honest though, you should be building around your build by buying the gear that you need & that your build requires.

You only have 2 options, change your gear to suit your playstyle or change your tree.

Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 30, 2015, 6:52:49 AM
I can't buy 2 diamond rings, the Pyre ring is part of my build.
"
coldlucas23 wrote:
I can't buy 2 diamond rings, the Pyre ring is part of my build.

Buy 1 then.
EB without cod wat ?
you have basically no es no hp no physical defs gl on high lvl maps :D
IGN : Uhigatana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info