IR & IQ

"
for me, when i see "increased item rarity", it affects the abilitie to find a better item.

Yeah, that's your definition of IIR, not PoE's :P

The game in any moment tells you that if you stack a lot of IIR/IIQ you'll have a Shav's or Kaom's or whatever t1 unique drop every 10th Dominus run or whatever. But you can use that extra IIR/IIQ to kill dominus, make a bunch of currency selling the shitload of rares Dominus drop after killing it (chaos recipe and such) and then buy your t1 uniques.

However, Manocean (a PoE streamer that does a lot of MF) got a Shav's drop killing Dominus. So it's possible to got t1 uniques from Dominus kills, even tho the chances are really low.

And, however, I got a Shav's drop on a Bog map, from a blue spider. I had like 40%IIR maybe because I was doing fine with RF+Increased AoE+Conc Effect, didn't need Extra burning damage.

Maybe try to find your rewardness in PoE from another source. Killing Atziri, making different chars, playing around with skill gems...
Don't obsess yourself with having GG uniques. I've never used my Shav's. It's on SD and I need to 6L it. I've never 6L anything. Someday...
"
But you can use that extra IIR/IIQ to kill dominus, make a bunch of currency selling the shitload of rares Dominus drop after killing it (chaos recipe and such) and then buy your t1 uniques.
=> Ok, so i should be fine with this process. I should do like this, and maybe in 45896 years, i could buy a Shav. Good idea, really.

"
Yeah, that's your definition of IIR, not PoE's :P
=> This is not my definition of IIR, this is simply logic for me, and for any player who play those kind of games.

"
And, however, I got a Shav's drop on a Bog map, from a blue spider.
=> How can you really understand so ? You already got a Shav. So it's good for you.

"
Maybe try to find your rewardness in PoE from another source. Killing Atziri, making different chars, playing around with skill gems...
=> I have already tried Atziri and i'm not able to beat her with all my chars. I have already 9 chars, most of those are from lvl 70 to 89. Playing around with skill gems ? What does it mean ?
On swap I'm at 164/483.

I can do 1 chaos recipe every 5 minutes on dom runs. I've also found some high tier uniques. 3 shavs, 1 soul taker, hundreds of other uniques worth 20 chaos-10 ex each.

The trick is to make a mf character that can still do high level content. It's very, very expensive but it is worth it.

DPS with incinerate/shotgunning is over 100k. That doesn't include shock or curse.

Do chaos recipes. Anything good you find is a bonus. By my math, I do around 30 chaos recipes a day, which is nearly 2 ex a day. Then if I find some good stuff, you can easily double or triple the amount you make. Or if you find shavs, that's a 50+ ex day.
"
M4X1MU5_300 wrote:
So, if you have 2000IR (lol) x 0 (probability of the high tier drop), the chance to grab a high tier item will stay 0.. Ok i got it... Nice job GGG :(

We are in a dead-end. Perspective of evolving significantly in this game at the end is just nonexistant.

I don't think you are understanding this correctly. Yes with 400% IIR, the chance to find a tier 1 unique is still low, because the base chance is so low. However, You still are 4x more likely to find one. For example, let's say chance to drop a shavs is .0001%. With 400% IIR, your chance is now .0004%.

Yes it's still a low number, but consider this. On average, for every 1 shavs that drops for a player with 0 IIR, you will find 4 of them. Once you play long enough to account for variance (many thousands of hours),this will hold to be true.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Jan 29, 2015, 4:29:41 PM
I don't think that is right Nerdicide.

IIR only affects the droptable for white/blue/yellow/uniques.

If Dominus dies and a unique is rolled, that's a separate table that IIR does not affect. T1 or T3, it's up to RNG at that point.

Also, I was farming Dominus with 263/20 and out of 10 runs 3 of them popped double crappy uniques and 1 was a single unique.

Then I pushed it up to 280 and in 10 runs I got a Sybil's Lament once and a Windripper.

Then I pushed IIR over 325 and I rarely get any unique drops, although if I run a 6-man, 1-2 uniques drops everytime.

Solo Diminishing Returns suck.

I'm swimming in rares though.
So you're mad at yourself for not researching the mechanics of your build before you made the character.

Right?
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
gbrlN wrote:

If Dominus dies and a unique is rolled, that's a separate table that IIR does not affect. T1 or T3, it's up to RNG at that point.

In this example it doesn't matter if IIR affects the unique rarity table, the table is rolled 4 times as often so the chances of finding a tier 1 unique are 4 times as high.
"
GodlyMe wrote:
So you're mad at yourself for not researching the mechanics of your build before you made the character.

Right?
=> No, i'm simply mad to see how dumb can be the mechanic for 1rst item tiers, the idea of hardcore farming. I really want to understand, with this drop rates, how it it possible to see the amount of Shavs, Soul takers, Kaom's, Windrippers, etc, knowing that for me i got absolutely nothing in 4000 hours of gameplay...
"
Victo wrote:
"
gbrlN wrote:

In this example it doesn't matter if IIR affects the unique rarity table, the table is rolled 4 times as often so the chances of finding a tier 1 unique are 4 times as high.

It's a lost cause man. There's a reason the United States ranks out of the top 30 in education. There's countless people out there who literally have no idea what you're talking about. 400% what, huh? probability who? What the...

They simply don't have the basic math skills to comprehend that more IIR means higher percent to drop better items, PERIOD ! Probability doesn't have it's own perspective, and it's not relative. It is what it is. 400% means 400%.

That doesn't mean higher IIR is better however. Sometimes lower IIR and killing faster is better. However, probability wise, drop for drop, higher IIR means a higher percent chance to drop stuff. If you don't understand this, let me ask you, how's that English or Drama class major working out for you? :)
"
VixTrader wrote:
It's a lost cause man. There's a reason the United States ranks out of the top 30 in education. There's countless people out there who literally have no idea what you're talking about. 400% what, huh? probability who? What the...

They simply don't have the basic math skills to comprehend that more IIR means higher percent to drop better items, PERIOD ! Probability doesn't have it's own perspective, and it's not relative. It is what it is. 400% means 400%.

That doesn't mean higher IIR is better however. Sometimes lower IIR and killing faster is better. However, probability wise, drop for drop, higher IIR means a higher percent chance to drop stuff. If you don't understand this, let me ask you, how's that English or Drama class major working out for you? :)
=> I think i have not the skills to comprehend what you say, and also why you're saying all of this. You say that "the United States ranks out of the top 30 in education","Probability doesn't have it's own perspective, and it's not relative", then you talk about "English or Drama class major"... Really usefull.

"
VixTrader wrote:
I see so many threads with people saying they aren't finding anything, so I figured we can give a few tips.
=> Thanks, you save us with your increadible knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info