IR & IQ

I have seen recently in "Consolidated Guides, Game Mechanics and Information" from Michael_GGG
this part :

Spoiler
"I made a farmer with 100/400 MF. Two weeks playing and no good uniques... wtf?"

A Magic Finder is designed to farm, of course. But keep this in mind: the chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0 (due to the small chance to drop those hi-tier uniques). The main purpose of farming is to become a yellow-drop-machine so you'll get a lot of minor currency to convert to Alterations, Jewellers and Fusings, and more some minor tier uniques.

I have taken a lot of time to build a decent Mf char (522IR/50IQ), farming a lot Dominus, because after 4000 hours of poe i think, i still got no high tiers items.

And with a complete IR/IQ gear and two perfect Andvarius (i have saved, and spent a lot for the entire build), which means i had to deal with the -40% all elemental drawbacks, think about solid amount of life/power for quick runs, i was believing hard i was not doing all of this for nothing, there was a meaning about the try hard.

And today, i wanted to know more about IR/IQ mecanics for high tiers items, because i was seeing no progress in potential good drops. And now, when i see this, i just want to say this game is really discouraging. Seriously, who wants to farm this game to get only rares, and low level unique ? What is the point of this ? It's boring and really useless.

I say it personnally to GGG : I don't want to play this game, (who is already an extreme time-consuming game) to be "a yellow-drop-machine", and i want to go further : if you put this sentence "the chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0" in front of the eyes of the entire community, i really think a lot of people will be extremely disapointed.

When i have discovered this today, it was for me clearly a way to take people for idiots.

I got hope, but knowing this, make an IR char is definitely useless. I could save a lot of time knowing this. At least i have learnt something. It's those kind of informations that make's me want to stop PoE.

Because, as we know, the trade chat is already a huge pain. We can spent like hours for nothing on it,
People are sharing the same ugly uniques. So if you, like me, don't want to waste your time on the trade, and also you know now there is no way to have a chance to grab high tier uniques by farming, the are no more solution : you still crawling.

Come on GGG, do something to make this game more rewarding as WE DESERVE !
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Jan 29, 2015, 8:02:53 AM
hi (sorry for my english)

"
the chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0

i think same, i farm piety 6 accounts 500/150 only 1 kaom's (legacy) drop after many time
and i drop 7 best unique with 0/0 or 20/20 (shavronnne, windripper, void battery ...) in map

but you can become rich just to sell rare and trade alt/jew/fus/chrom vs EX

after 1 month farm currency, i win 60 ex but it's boring $$

player farm dominus 24h/24 7d/7, no other choice or drop 100 shavronne by week

-> so play with max IIQ and 20-40 IIR & map 100%+ IIQ

good luck
Hi, I will try to be brief. I feel your pain m8, just want to share what do I think about Dev idea of «almost no difference».
Unit items are much more rare than rate. What does it mean? For example let's say a good unic item has a 0.0001% change to be dropped from any ingame drops. That's mean that a person with 0 MF has a chance to get it like 1 to 1.000.000. If you have 400 MF that's mean you have 4 to 1.000.000. As you can see in reality 1 to million and 4 to million are almost equal. But! We just proposed that drop chance are 0.0001%, in reality it is lower. So in reality 1 to 100.000.000 and 4 to 100.000.000 are the same numbers. You need to have at least 40.000MF and that is unrealistic.
So, what i want to highlight is this : for me, when i see "increased item rarity", it affects the abilitie to find a better item. So the more IR you got, better should be the items you got. It seems logic for me.

So why 1rst tier uniques should be not concerned by this process ? This is stupid.

Now when i see this : "The chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0", it clearly means that : "Playing with IR has no effect on drop rate of 1rst tiers uniques".

It also means that the drop rate of 1rst tier unique is so low that having an IR/IQ character will not make the drop rate going better.

To go always further, it means the same for Vault of Atziri with, for example, a 1945% IR. Considering what we've seen before : having a 1945% is clearly useless and will not help you to grab a 1rst tier item. However, a normal player will still think having +1945% IR will grant him a significant amount of chance to have 1rst tier items.

To conclude : for me, now IR is a big lie if you search to find something different as the actual boring things that sleep in our chests...
outdated MF system
+
economy centric game philosophy
+
wide presence of bots
+
MMO-ish nature and wannabe hardcore mentality in drops (a.k.a. 24/7 Korean style waste of time)

= exclusive PoE MF farming experience

I'm surprised you find it new. It's old.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
And today, i wanted to know more about IR/IQ mecanics for high tiers items, because i was seeing no progress in potential good drops. And now, when i see this, i just want to say this game is really discouraging. Seriously, who wants to farm this game to get only rares, and low level unique ? What is the point of this ? It's boring and really useless.

You should just give up now on the idea of farming for the super rare uniques. You should expect to do at least 5-10K Dominus runs (solo) at max/near-max IIR/IIQ before finding one. Anything faster than that is lucky.

I did it out of sheer stubbornness at about 420 IIR / 110 IIQ... too six months, at least 10K runs of dominus before finding a top tier unique (Soul Taker). To give you a sense of just how long it took... I leveled a gem to level 20 on nothing but the XP from killing Dominus (skipped all mobs, only killed Dom).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 29, 2015, 10:45:47 AM
Well, imo a high IQ definitely helps.
You should aim for at least 120.
Last edited by PitzerMike on Jan 29, 2015, 11:22:56 AM
"
the chance to drop a high tier unique will be almost the same with 100/400 than with 0/0

I'm sorry, but that's just flat out wrong. Probability is probability. It doesn't change at the low end of the spectrum. The relative probability moves with it.

Yes of course the odds of getting a high value item to drop are very very low, but with 400% MF you have a 400% more chance of getting that drop. Even after the 400%, the odds are still very low, but at least they are 400% higher than they would be before.

So honestly, we feel your pain. Farming is a grind, and most people don't get very many (if any) really good drops. That doesn't mean IIR / IIQ gear isn't worth it though.

Just stick with it, or quit. If you enjoy the grind, play the game. If you don't, quit, because games like this one, Diablo, etc, they are just item grinds.

So, if you have 2000IR (lol) x 0 (probability of the high tier drop), the chance to grab a high tier item will stay 0.. Ok i got it... Nice job GGG :(

We are in a dead-end. Perspective of evolving significantly in this game at the end is just nonexistant.
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Jan 29, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
"
M4X1MU5_300 wrote:
So, if you do 30000IR x 0 (probability of the high tier drop), the chance to grab a high tier item will stay 0.. Ok i got it... Nice plan :(

The biggest advantage of high IIQ/IIR is that you start swimming in rares which you can vendor for alts and then sell alt/jew/fuse (your choice) for exalts. You can also then do the chaos recipe far more frequently.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info