How do you guys trade for orbs?

"
zSavage wrote:
1. Convert 128 Jewelers to 40 fusing over 2 days using Vorici (lvl 6 min)

2. Trade ~40 (42 is usually as high as I'll go) fuse for an ex.

3. Trade exalted orb for 160 jewelers.

Rinse and repeat. Cycle generates ~10 fuse of profit per cycle, equivalent to an ex every 8 days.

Easy way to make currency over time if you don't play much every day.

Just thought I'd spill the beans on my little experiment.

I assume you play standard because nobody would trade an exalt for 40 fuses on the temp leagues.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
I press the act 3 waypoint and go buy fuses at 3 jews for 1 from the shop, or was it 4 jews?

Usually fusing are the only ones i need that don't drop often enough while playing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I press the act 3 waypoint and go buy fuses at 3 jews for 1 from the shop, or was it 4 jews?

Usually fusing are the only ones i need that don't drop often enough while playing.

Peace,

-Boem-

If you have vorici lvl 6+, 64 jews to 20 fusings everyday. It can be difficult to keep enough jews unless you're playing a fair bit everyday. And it's 4:1 in A3.
^i do that already, i mean if i depleted that.

sometimes i just spam my request in trade chat for 5 minutes and if i get no response i can't be arsed and just trade with the vendors usually.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
How do you guys trade for orbs?

Very carefully
"
I message into trade chat "WTB X orb for X orbs" at a decent/slightly better than average rate

I am flooded with private messages

I invite someone and trade with them

Done deal, 2 minutes max

(In a game where people micro-flip for profits, if you just sweeten the pot even by an orb or two, you're likely to get people snapping up your offer)

this
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"
Vyvanne wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
1. Convert 128 Jewelers to 40 fusing over 2 days using Vorici (lvl 6 min)

2. Trade ~40 (42 is usually as high as I'll go) fuse for an ex.

3. Trade exalted orb for 160 jewelers.

Rinse and repeat. Cycle generates ~10 fuse of profit per cycle, equivalent to an ex every 8 days.

Easy way to make currency over time if you don't play much every day.

Just thought I'd spill the beans on my little experiment.

I assume you play standard because nobody would trade an exalt for 40 fuses on the temp leagues.

I'd also assume this, seeing that on bloodlines right now it's somewhere around 1ex = 37c = 74 fuse
"
What is trading?

Oh, that crap that makes people tell you they gotta look up some shitty ratio on some website instead of just saying how much they want to spend. Yeah, first, global trading sucks, second, asking for scraps and then saying you gotta look up the ratio sucks, then saying youre not interested anymore sucks. Make up your own worth for the damn orbs or dont trade at all, waste of a fucking town portal and progress for 3 minutes i never get back.

GGG, add an AH so we dont have shitty trades in global anymore and no stupid "let me lookup the ratio on some poeexplorer".

Your tone has been awful negative lately, :S.

Maybe you need to get laid bud. :)
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
moestyles wrote:
Ya those are the exact strategies I use, Spam trade while I have a group open. Still it takes me on average of 1 hour to trade an ex for lets say some chance orbs or some scouring orbs. Thats with a decent rate as well like 260 and 68 per ex. I am thinking that perhaps there just arent that many players playing this game any more? Notice board only has like 40 public parties, seems kinda low i think for a game like this.

When you want to trade for scourings and chance orbs it might be a good idea to convert the exalted orb to fusings or chaos orbs first and then trade in smaller quantities.
There aren't any commonly used recipes for either of them and they aren't used frequently as a "trading" currency, so there wont be that many people who have enough scouring/chance orbs to buy an entire exalted orb at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info