How do you guys trade for orbs?

So lets say you have a project in mind and have some exalted to trade around. How do you guys manage to make enough trades to get your pool of crafting orbs? I feel like everytime I try to do this it takes endless hours of trade chat spamming and creating parties with "wtb....."

I hate how inefficient the process of exchanging orbs can be. Like damn I understand this is a grind game but why does orb exchange need to be just as grindy. I Already grinded for the exalts, now GGG wants me to grind to trade those away for lesser orbs? Seems broken.

I can't imagine it being hard to sell exalts for other orbs... exalts are what everyone wants to trade up for.

The only trades that are really difficult are nontypical trades like chisel for jewlers.... nobody does those.

Also FYI the noticeboard is a much better place than tradechat to trade orbs. Like 10000000x better.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 29, 2015, 12:38:10 AM
Ya those are the exact strategies I use, Spam trade while I have a group open. Still it takes me on average of 1 hour to trade an ex for lets say some chance orbs or some scouring orbs. Thats with a decent rate as well like 260 and 68 per ex. I am thinking that perhaps there just arent that many players playing this game any more? Notice board only has like 40 public parties, seems kinda low i think for a game like this.
I spend as little time trading as possible.

I find something, I sell it low, whatever.

I need other orbs, I swap for less than what the markets is saying the conversion rate is, whatever.

So my options are this: Spend two hours in chat trying to scrape every penny out of the couch or spend 1-2 minutes in trade chat and move on with my life.

I'll take the latter every time.
Last edited by PoofGoof on Jan 29, 2015, 3:39:57 PM
"
moestyles wrote:
Notice board only has like 40 public parties, seems kinda low i think for a game like this.

You should try the 'There are currently no public parties' reg hc lifestyle lolol.

I just stick it in tradechat at a good rate. Still works mostly, although everyone wants alts/jews/fuse.

Wtb more alt grinders for hc.
We tested it extensively
Last edited by Icholas on Jan 29, 2015, 1:20:43 AM
I hit the marketplace

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 29, 2015, 1:34:23 AM
"
moestyles wrote:
Ya those are the exact strategies I use, Spam trade while I have a group open. Still it takes me on average of 1 hour to trade an ex for lets say some chance orbs or some scouring orbs. Thats with a decent rate as well like 260 and 68 per ex. I am thinking that perhaps there just arent that many players playing this game any more? Notice board only has like 40 public parties, seems kinda low i think for a game like this.

If you want shorter waiting time, you'll have to offer a better rate.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
1. Convert 128 Jewelers to 40 fusing over 2 days using Vorici (lvl 6 min)

2. Trade ~40 (42 is usually as high as I'll go) fuse for an ex.

3. Trade exalted orb for 160 jewelers.

Rinse and repeat. Cycle generates ~10 fuse of profit per cycle, equivalent to an ex every 8 days.

Easy way to make currency over time if you don't play much every day.

Just thought I'd spill the beans on my little experiment.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
i only trade sacrefice pieces / sets for exalteds. no other trades needed :D
What is trading?

Oh, that crap that makes people tell you they gotta look up some shitty ratio on some website instead of just saying how much they want to spend. Yeah, first, global trading sucks, second, asking for scraps and then saying you gotta look up the ratio sucks, then saying youre not interested anymore sucks. Make up your own worth for the damn orbs or dont trade at all, waste of a fucking town portal and progress for 3 minutes i never get back.

GGG, add an AH so we dont have shitty trades in global anymore and no stupid "let me lookup the ratio on some poeexplorer".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info