This game...

"
XigTek wrote:

Click asteroid.. laser asteroid... wait.

Click next asteroid.

Laser asteroid.

Watch netflix in background because I was a coward and only mined in high-sec space. In a tier-2 barge no less. I did this for the year I was training to pilot a capital drone carrier.. then quit without even attempting to acquire one.

this is the tragic thing about so many people that 'play' EVE. all that time spent doing basically nothing, while trying to train your character to sit in the biggest ships as fast as possible, without even really learning how the game works or experiencing what it has to offer.
Last edited by lag on Jan 29, 2015, 5:17:39 AM
"
A good starter character is pretty nice to get you started on other builds.

No matter how many items drop...look at it. I once left a Chaos drop and only found it because I had to back track...

I quoted two of the most important entries from my expirience as well. Welcome to Wraeclast, hope you'll have fun for a long time to come :)
"
Click asteroid.. laser asteroid... wait.

Click next asteroid.

Laser asteroid.

Watch netflix in background because I was a coward and only mined in high-sec space. In a tier-2 barge no less. I did this for the year I was training to pilot a capital drone carrier.. then quit without even attempting to acquire one.

And I do get annoyed at this game, a lot. And when it gets to a point I'm more frustrated than having fun, I leave and then come back a few months later and pour even more time (and money) into it. It's a love/hate kind of relationship, I suppose.

Null Sec miner here, five miners up, booster, and hauler. Can never take my eyes off intel or local...unless I wanted to die. I spent hours looking at the game.

With this game I can leave and come back, with a renewed vigor for the game. Things may get repetitive at some points, but new builds should keep me on my toes.

"
I quoted two of the most important entries from my expirience as well. Welcome to Wraeclast, hope you'll have fun for a long time to come :)

Thanks for the welcome and really...the last one, playing this game makes my eyes go blurry and I have to fight it now to get lazy about drops.
Nice thread.

You'll find out a lot more things. Always check the sockets of the items you drop, and pick up the ones linked with Red-Green-Blue sockets; you vendor them for Chromatic Orbs. And if you lag with the last boss, I don't want to imagine while being in parties.
"
Samkiud wrote:
Nice thread.

You'll find out a lot more things. Always check the sockets of the items you drop, and pick up the ones linked with Red-Green-Blue sockets; you vendor them for Chromatic Orbs. And if you lag with the last boss, I don't want to imagine while being in parties.

(psst - most people lag badly on dominus.)
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Welcome to Wraeclast :)

My one word of advice: Intentionally avoid build guides and don't be discouraged if your build eventually cannot progress. A major part of the initial fun for me was diving in head first, experimenting, failing, learning, and pushing the bar higher with each reroll.

Only suggesting this because, from your posts, you sound like the sort of player who would enjoy the same kind of experience as I did ^-^ I personally feel that some players miss out on a significant amount of the fun when they start out reading "easy leveling" guides, etc., instead of pushing their own creative limits, and the learning curve is half of the fun ;) (clarification: for some players; wanted to emphasize that--to each their own!)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Samkiud wrote:
Nice thread.

I go solo not to drag people down when my game crashes...and now I have MORE reason to not do the bosses with people unless I get a new PC. 32 bit for the win...

"
Welcome to Wraeclast :)

My one word of advice: Intentionally avoid build guides and don't be discouraged if your build eventually cannot progress. A major part of the initial fun for me was diving in head first, experimenting, failing, learning, and pushing the bar higher with each reroll.

Only suggesting this because, from your posts, you sound like the sort of player who would enjoy the same kind of experience as I did ^-^ I personally feel that some players miss out on a significant amount of the fun when they start out reading "easy leveling" guides, etc., instead of pushing their own creative limits, and the learning curve is half of the fun ;) (clarification: for some players; wanted to emphasize that--to each their own!)

Thanks for the welcome!

I have read around, but mostly only in depth when it came to the Arc and a MF build. I wanted something very easy to level with little failings and then something to build up a bank. After that...Elemental summoner with totems! Or pointy stabby thing.
Last edited by colorfulinlife on Jan 29, 2015, 5:14:53 PM
Let me help you a bit, clear speed + iiq > rarity any day, and with arc you can achieve that :)
Stacked iiq in a rare map lets you drop soooooooo much currency/rares that you don't even have to bother with many other stuff.
Also if you ever get stumped mapping, get a goldwyrm with max item quantity and low lvl (70-73) maps should be fine even with a 40-50 magic/rare, above that get 80%+iiq and packsize/rogue or 110+ iiq mod for all that sweet mapdrops, else you'll get stuck and post that GGG should increase mapdrop rates. 78 Maps should be sold, not run, unless you have enough currency/saved up enough to level in them, because more then probably they will not drop anything you can continue running.
"
KillerB wrote:
Let me help you a bit, clear speed + iiq > rarity any day, and with arc you can achieve that :)
Stacked iiq in a rare map lets you drop soooooooo much currency/rares that you don't even have to bother with many other stuff.
Also if you ever get stumped mapping, get a goldwyrm with max item quantity and low lvl (70-73) maps should be fine even with a 40-50 magic/rare, above that get 80%+iiq and packsize/rogue or 110+ iiq mod for all that sweet mapdrops, else you'll get stuck and post that GGG should increase mapdrop rates. 78 Maps should be sold, not run, unless you have enough currency/saved up enough to level in them, because more then probably they will not drop anything you can continue running.

Oh really? Thank you very much for the tip. I had planned to build a MF around this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1136535. Using my main to get base funding as I posted, but also using it to level gems to 20.

Also to everyone, I've made it to Merciless for the first time and I've learned two things.

1. I've learned how important resist are...and that mine suck really...really badly. I need to upgrade me gear.

2. The horror of reflect, no more more holding down Arc and wondering what killed me anymore, I'm going to read those shiny shiny walking loot bags.

Besides getting a good kick in the butt in the second quest...freaking Sub Zore wannabie...things are still fun for me.
welcome exile,

here is a helpful link regarding the red-green-blue stuff (among other things) the other posters were talking about:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes

Imho you should bookmark that site, as knowledge is key to get anywhere on this godforsaken (oh man... that lore-reference) continent...

enjoy your stay
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info