Hall of Grandmasters Development Update 6

"
Sirais wrote:
again pvp shit even where no PVP is involved. what a bullshit.
looks like its close to move on to something new.

From the sounds of things, this was to slow these fights down a bit, nerfing both the player and the grandmaster damage... to make the fight last a little longer before one or the other dies.

While AI, I think people will view this as them fighting these grandmaster players, so this might be acceptable in that line of thinking, and then in many ways this synergizes with all the recent PvP balance work.

I'd expect that this map will start very challenging, as a last thing to do in a salute to the end of a challenge league (Many Hardcore Challenge League players really only play in the challenge legaues, so their chartacters and gear going to standard is fine, because it's a perfectly suiteable place to test a new build concept.)

Many Streamers, if their goal was only to get a character to say level 90, might then run this map (or others like Poor Joy's), as a fun challenging and risky thing to attempt.

So I really think this not being too easily accessible, at least not early on, would be a very good thing.
OK.
Someone explain me 1 thing.

Do i need to have grandmasters pack to get this map or what?
Cuz that would be a lot of bullshit )
"
OK.
Someone explain me 1 thing.

Do i need to have grandmasters pack to get this map or what?
Cuz that would be a lot of bullshit )

Lol, no man, its just a unique map.
Well is it possible to get drop now or after patch?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The submitted characters vary in difficulty from those that die almost instantly to those that are powerful and hard-hitting

Or they are the one and the same... damn CoD... wonder if I can trick them into exploding with a minion...
Oblivious
So are the 'Grandmasters' all level 71 characters? Or is the area level set at 69 just to make the loot worthless?

Also, nice 'PVP balancing won't affect PVE content'.
This a response I got about how to get the map.

"

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Support!

Currently, the Hall of Grand Masters was stated to be a unique map drop that you would be able to run like any other unique map, although it was mentioned to be quite common.

If you have any further questions or concerns at all regarding this, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Regards,
Brian

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The submitted characters vary in difficulty from those that die almost instantly to those that are powerful and hard-hitting

Or they are the one and the same... damn CoD... wonder if I can trick them into exploding with a minion...
they reduced the dmg a insane amount from cod remember the patch for FFA arena? cod is pretty meh now so dont worry about it to much in the grandmaster map (still watch out)
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Jan 28, 2015, 10:34:17 AM
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
This a response I got about how to get the map.

"

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Support!

Currently, the Hall of Grand Masters was stated to be a unique map drop that you would be able to run like any other unique map, although it was mentioned to be quite common.

If you have any further questions or concerns at all regarding this, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Regards,
Brian

Ok, so there is a risk that the unique map will be quite common. Then the drops will be medium at best.
"
daaviid78 wrote:
Ok, so there is a risk that the unique map will be quite common. Then the drops will be medium at best.

They stated it has a rarity similar to The Coward's Trial (66 Crypt). I'd expect the drops to be good though, granted that the grandmasters are (apparently) painfully difficult.
Last edited by DoctorDanmaku on Jan 28, 2015, 10:56:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info