Can Herald of Thunder have critical strikes?

omfg
"
Ladderjack wrote:
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Anything that is not labeled attack and doesn't have a crit chance noted cannot crit.

Is this aspect of POE documented somewhere that makes sense, not just some random post in the forums?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike#Critical_Strike_Chance

"In the case of spells, each spell has its own critical strike chance, which is listed in the skill gem's description." If there is no crit chance listed on a spell gem, it has 0% base crit chance.
"
Ladderjack wrote:
Can you tell me where it says in the game or the wiki that the absence of a value for critical strike means that the skill or effect has no chance for critical strike please? This would clear up a lot of things for me, such as for instance, Minion Instability. I have been looking for that piece of information since I started playing this game and haven't found it.

lets have a look at those 2 gems, under items "Name" there is a definition what kinda of gem we have.
HoT: Lightning, Cast, Aoe, Duration
EK: Projectile, Spell

Those Tag tells u what support-gems will take effect, what type of a skill it is(CAST=AURA ; Spell=Spell)

Between the level of them gem and the gem requirements u find information of the skill itself:
Cast Time, Cooldown Times, Mana Costs/reserves, CRITCHANCE (if a Spell), Damage Effectivness, etc.

and here u get all information you will need to calculate your damage etc, crit or not, effectivness etc

Attacks as Type havnt a critchance noted on the gem since it will take the weapon critchance as base!
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jan 30, 2015, 5:20:39 AM
It should be noted however, "unlisted equals 0%" only goes for Damage Spell Gems. For example, Summons don't have a listed Crit Chance, but they all default to the lower cap of 5%.

Also, to answer your question Ladderjack, the [C]haracter Sheet tells you that Herald of Thunder has no Chance to Crit.
"

Those Tag tells u what support-gems will take effect, what type of a skill it is(CAST=AURA ; Spell=Spell)

Heralds are not auras. The cast tag means it is a spell but it doesn't get scaled by spell damage. If it was an aura it would have an aura tag as well as a spell/cast tag.
"
Hint: if you don't want to help people don't browse the "gameplay help" forum

YES!
Censored.
You can press C to open the character panel and then press the HoT skill gem for its information.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But just to be clear, the flat Crit Chance granted by Assassin's Mark would still work with it yeah?
Yes.
"
Drazn wrote:
But just to be clear, the flat Crit Chance granted by Assassin's Mark would still work with it yeah?

QUOTED FOR SUPER IMPORTANTANCE.

BUT DO NOTE RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE PREVENTS YOU FROM CRITTING AND IS DIFFERENT FROM 0% CRIT CHANCE.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info