1 Shot 6.1k hp 16k+ Armor Unbuffed

That sucks. I play evasion/acro/ondars melee and usually take 0 dmg from Beyonders bosses melee attacks.
25K damage isn't that much. My character does 35k on a non crit, with ~80% crit chance, so it makes sense that a unique boss Abaxoth should do some badass damage.

EDIT: But sorry for your loss dude, I refuse to play HC because you can't reliably avoid the 1-shots.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Jan 26, 2015, 4:02:00 AM
"
legatoblue18 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lvl 86 (5% from 87) in a 74 map. Summoned the Flameblast Abaxoth (no didn't die to lameblast) 76% fire resist and he 1 shot me with molten strike (one map mod was like 90% extra damage as fire). He was at like 5% hp so I stopped kiting to finish him off and boom 1 shot from max fucking hp. Cool game boys, why this is even possible is a huge fucking joke.

I'm all for hardcore (that's all i play is the hardcore temp leagues) but when I can get 1 shot with literally every life node I can take (202% increased max life) and all the mitigation I can possibly take you need to look at your fucking balance. I ripped in Beyond to flameblast exile at 87 when I had 82% fire resistance and 5.5k hp, guess what? He one shot me too.

Christ.

Should I reroll or just wait til act 4...

The flameblast exile will not 1 shot you with 5k HP... Unless you don't have overcapped fire res OR you didn't remove his curse in time.

Armor sucks, and molten strike is 50%? fire dmg anyways. Not to mention it is one of, if not THE highest possible dps with a single swing of any skill? If he crit I can totally see you ripping with the extra fire dmg mod since it applies to the projectiles as well.
"
legatoblue18 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lvl 86 (5% from 87) in a 74 map. Summoned the Flameblast Abaxoth (no didn't die to lameblast) 76% fire resist and he 1 shot me with molten strike (one map mod was like 90% extra damage as fire). He was at like 5% hp so I stopped kiting to finish him off and boom 1 shot from max fucking hp. Cool game boys, why this is even possible is a huge fucking joke.

I'm all for hardcore (that's all i play is the hardcore temp leagues) but when I can get 1 shot with literally every life node I can take (202% increased max life) and all the mitigation I can possibly take you need to look at your fucking balance. I ripped in Beyond to flameblast exile at 87 when I had 82% fire resistance and 5.5k hp, guess what? He one shot me too.

Christ.

Should I reroll or just wait til act 4...

95% extra damage as fire plus fighting one of the hardest bosses in this game plus no mention of you actually having a ruby flask plus crying makes absolutely no sense to me.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:

The flameblast exile will not 1 shot you with 5k HP... Unless you don't have overcapped fire res OR you didn't remove his curse in time.

He can in 76+ maps :) I got hit for 5300 in a shipyard thanks to the idiotic invisblasts, this is 1 of the reasons i started playing in torment/non-hc leagues after playing hc from open beta to beyond. I just got tired of deaths being complete bullshit and not preventable in any way. Probably 80% of all my deaths in the last 3 leagues has been to oneshot/desync/instakilled from pack, and the rest have been mistakes from me or just bad play/not thought it through properly.

More on topic though, cant say i would try to fight abaxoth in a dmg mod map, but sorry for your loss being so close killing him :|

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
PoE has such mechanics: mobs roll min-max damage and can possibly crit and then that crit can be bolstered by the monster's own modifiers and then map's modifiers and then accounting in how armor works and possible shock stacks and everything else that could have happened with evasion/block/dodge rolls...

A game with these mechanics isn't a game without a chance to get "1-shot" when the stars align (I doubt even you got 1-shot, most likely you got hit by initial with and then projectiles, possibly a couple raging spirits too, just happened fast in rapid succession). Even if frustrating at times, that's the cool part in PoE too. It's no coincidence that almost 50% of top 20 players in Bloodlines are dead.

In many other RPGs once you reach that certain gear, you will never die even if you tried a little.
1 shot/spike damage is on my very short list of things I don't like about POE. No boss should be allowed to crit when their normal hits are balanced around killing chars with sub par defenses. Maybe even a global hardcap on the damage of a single hit. I would accept just about anything at this point. This doesn't count for atziri of course, and unique maps. Go ahead and kill us with special endgame content.

OP, take a few day/week break and then put your pants back on (or take them off if rolling templar) and jump back in.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
1 shot/spike damage is on my very short list of things I don't like about POE. No boss should be allowed to crit when their normal hits are balanced around killing chars with sub par defenses. Maybe even a global hardcap on the damage of a single hit. I would accept just about anything at this point. This doesn't count for atziri of course, and unique maps. Go ahead and kill us with special endgame content.

OP, take a few day/week break and then put your pants back on (or take them off if rolling templar) and jump back in.

I believe Beyond bosses could be considered such. It only shows up on maps and even then you can choose to reroll the map. Even if you do the map, you can control your killing so that you don't spawn the unique ones.
well that guy is instagib with extradmg mods, there was a guy on reddit got instabigged on lvl97 with 8k hp because the guy had extra lightningdmg mod.

he tosses out like 24 projectiles no wonder you died there.
>armor
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info