Permanent flask immunity.

"
KillerB wrote:
I wonder how it's gonna work with ice/fire/shocking ground.
Shocking/ice ground - complete immunity, i think.
The only question is burning ground, because it deals burning(?) damage, but character is immune to burning status. Also, burning miscreations?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
This change makes CI a little easier to run considering you're not required to have some cannot be frozen on your gear.
But this just makes crit builds ridiculous. Any utility surgeon's flasks will have nearly 100% up time for a build that crits often enough, so you're practically immune to any status ailments.
Surgeon's flasks were op before, but now it's insane. Non crit builds don't have any effective ways of regaining flask charges during boss fights other than hoping for an add phase. And now this. Why ever run non-crit?
"
silumit wrote:
"
KillerB wrote:
I wonder how it's gonna work with ice/fire/shocking ground.
Shocking/ice ground - complete immunity, i think.
The only question is burning ground, because it deals burning(?) damage, but character is immune to burning status. Also, burning miscreations?

well right now dispelling shock/freeze while standing on shocking/frozen ground doesnt do anything.

you can view it two ways, imo

first is the same view you have, ie popping a flask would interrupt the effect. ie currently once you pop the flask you have an instant, discrete immunity that is overwritten right away by another shock/freeze.

second is that ground effect causing status ailment will not be able to be dispelled by flasks.

I think both of these are nearly as likely, so lets wait for changes

personally, Im a bit disappointed by this change. and actually disappointed by shock changes over the time of the game in general. it went from something different to something very generic. gone are shock stacks, gone is no way to dispel it, besides the debuff theres nothing inherently COOL about it anymore. kinda similar to chaos damage and ES becoming just a variant of damage/mitigation instead of something else.
"
Agrippa2391 wrote:
This change makes CI a little easier to run considering you're not required to have some cannot be frozen on your gear.
But this just makes crit builds ridiculous. Any utility surgeon's flasks will have nearly 100% up time for a build that crits often enough, so you're practically immune to any status ailments.
Surgeon's flasks were op before, but now it's insane. Non crit builds don't have any effective ways of regaining flask charges during boss fights other than hoping for an add phase. And now this. Why ever run non-crit?

^this.

Arguably this will have a an impact on melee and ci, but then again, you can quadruple that impact on a crit char for the sweet sweet cost of "nothing".

Now if they remove "surgeons" together with this patch it might be okaish.

Basically every crit build will be atziri's little minion with every immunity available to him with permanent up-time. It's just foolish without other changes coming to the flask mechanism.

Did we really need more incentive to go crit after a year long meta revolving around it?
Yes, apparently, yes we did.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I was predicting Surgeon's getting removed when they introduced

at least it would've had something to go for then. Endless flasks for crit build is also a bit too strong imo.

But yeah, a very welcomed buff for CI and builds that don't avoid hits (armor builds?) also makes other than the instant heal health potion affixes attractive.

I think it's overall a really good change.
"
Who cares.

This!
after all that defensive fuckup from 1.3 this change is more than welcome.
I also dont see how this should have such a huge impact if you dispel your shock status and be immune to shock for another tiny 4-5 seconds?????
This especially helps CI wich still is really bad since a long time
INB4

Patch 1.3.1: Surgeons Flask affix has been removed from the game.

Spoiler
Good riddance.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 26, 2015, 8:04:29 AM
"
LostKavi wrote:
INB4

Patch 1.3.1: Surgeons Flask affix has been removed from the game.

Spoiler
Good riddance.

We can dream, can't we?

Peace,

-Boem-
If Surgeon's mod is removed (unlikely, but ya never know) then it won't be any skin off my nose. Crit still needs a little toning down and this isn't a bad way to do so.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
If Surgeon's mod is removed (unlikely, but ya never know) then it won't be any skin off my nose. Crit still needs a little toning down and this isn't a bad way to do so.

I made this suggestion one and a half year ago, not holding my breath for it do. I mostly stopped posting suggestions anyway.

The whole concept shits on the -max resis removal of the passive tree and the core balancing around bosses.
(tp's can refill flask's, but that's a cost in a party/non-party a cost crit currently does not have to pay)

And yeah, i abuse it like hell because hur dur why not, doesn't make it any less stupid as a concept '-.-

Maybe it had a place in the old game where crit wasn't so easily achieved/common. However in it's current state it's just dumb and trivializes all the hard encounters in the game.

My coc char in ambush league could literally run a double crematorium min-max and didn't even have to move out of the firestorms until they stacked to 8+, that's how ridicules that was and still is on some builds.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info