Most Legendary builds in the history of PoE

This is mainly for people who played from early Open Beta, or Close beta, but of course any imput is welcomed. So the quetion is, which builds you think are the most legendary, that helped define the game. They do not have to be relevant now of course. Well in my opinion

1) Invalesco's crit dagger: This was essentially the inspiration for every crit dagger character that was created later. It is important to note how intuitive Invaleco was, since even back then he chose to 6L his lightning strike, instead of gems like double strike that would give far higher tooltip. He definetely sensed even back then the power that a ranged attack through a dagger could be second to none. He was also one of the only ones who supported the idea that physical damage can be the best form of damage, even when 99% of the playerbase played elemental and claimed that physical is useless. Invalesco has also spawned other innovative builds during his playitme, including the first character that used Pain attunment and Righteous fire, before Shavrone's was even introduced in the game.

2) Dragon's Infernal Tank: In my opinion, this build single handedly introduced the meta of melee builds. He was the first one to realise that there are better tanking options than just stacking HP. He was the creator of tens of variations, some of them arguably better than the source material, but he was the first. It was also the build that gave us the first level 100 melee character. I think it is fair to say, that during anarchy/nemesis, even though the end game was dominated in fact by sporkers, this was the best/ most reliable build in the game. I still remember videos of Juhazz going in and tanking dual Crematorium bosses with -max, while every sporker run for his life. Luckily insane spike damage was close to non existence at that time. I cannot stretch enough the importance of this build.

3) Bow+Kaoms Lightning Arow: Sorry i do not know who to credit for this. These builds started with Lioneye's and then naturally evolved to voltaxic and went crit. This was the build that gave the first ever 100 build, and generally stayed relevant to the end game for months.

4) Dual Sporkers: Excuse but i do not know the original creater of this build. Anyway this was the first build that showed us how powerful Shavronne's can be, and it was only minisecule on what was about to bollow 6 months later. It was also the build that gave us the first lv100 character on Hardcore.

5) Fyndel's low life spectral thrower: During it's prime on 1.1, this build was unquetionably the most powerdully broken build in the history of PoE. Nothing ever has come close. It allowed to carry 6 man parties on 78 maps, made uber atziri farming feel like docks, and has the record of the highest gorge clear speed(a contest held by Kaiserin). It also changed the way players viewd the game. Spawn several variations, since it was one of the first to take full advantage of CoE, aura passives, low life, blood rage, high speed and high crit altogether.

Now there are too many builds that i could have mentioned, like Ground Slam marauder, the blender, Dischargers, newer cast on crit on Mjolner builds, other more modernised crit dagger melee's like my own flicker nuke, other evasion/block builds like Tiurak's etc., but i think i will stick with these as the most game defining builds.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jan 24, 2015, 10:05:51 AM
Kripp's ground slam and discharge were legendary.

r.i.p in peace, you beautiful hardcore legend :(
"

Indeed, i was thinking about adding Kripp's discharge.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jan 24, 2015, 10:06:51 AM
What about the freeze pulse builds? back in the day? If I recall there was cast speed crit freeze pulse build (~0.25 sec - which is nothing in this age of echo and pledge) that was all the rage.
"

You mean Moneystone Legend ?
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Ele cleave
Rainbow Nuke.

I realized this is about to go legendary as many jelly fux here in the forums are now rallying against it wanting it to get nerfed to the ground, some attack discharge skill, some want the hammer nerfed. But mr. Tom94 even though I never played mjolner, and despite the nerfboards here in forums that want your build destroyed, I'm pretty sure thats undoubtedly a sign that your creation made it. Thanks for the uber strong build bro and GG.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
Sortsimies wrote:
Ele cleave

Cleave used to be legendary. even before the spectral throw. Then nerf hit. I had physical cleave duelist. since then never played duelist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSCwTzAd8
"
Poutsos wrote:
"

Indeed, i was thinking about adding Kripp's discharge.

no... must... resist.... too childish.....
Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Jan 24, 2015, 1:08:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info