Most Legendary builds in the history of PoE

I credit BMBI for figuring out how to get to level 85+ with a DW shadow using fisher price gear. Pretty OP IMO.
"
Poutsos wrote:

5) Fyndel's low life spectral thrower: During it's prime on 1.1, this build was unquetionably the most powerdully broken build in the history of PoE. Nothing ever has come close. It allowed to carry 6 man parties on 78 maps, made uber atziri farming feel like docks, and has the record of the highest gorge clear speed(a contest held by Kaiserin). It also changed the way players viewd the game. Spawn several variations, since it was one of the first to take full advantage of CoE, aura passives, low life, blood rage, high speed and high crit altogether.

Low Life- Energy Shield- Shavronne's - Crit - Physical builds were very much common knowledge before he had enough wealth to buy all the gear he wanted. What made Fyndel pop-out was just that he one of the richest to use it, but the build itself existed long before he finished acquiring his gear.

Multiple builds that allowed to carry 6 man parties (low-life, abyssus, energy Shield, Shavronne's, dual strike for instance) existed before Fyndel was even close to carry 6-man parties.
---------------------------------

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 25, 2015, 8:19:01 AM
I really loved that Build in OB

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/235987

Facetanking Vaal Laser Beam with 3 Shocks Stacks in well rolled 74 Map was such awesome that the Nerf after that was really right Way!-)
My Guildmate stands behind and was looking at Shock Stacks and can´t believe that i survived!-)
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
Can't find the thread.. but in my opinion, one of the most legendary I've seen is that one Cast-on-Death bomb shadow build.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Kripparian made a perma-stun build using that chaos damage claw,

That shit was so insanly OP that they patched it like 3 days after him, showing off the potential on the build.

My favourit one was dual spork, no need for low life here.. shit was extreamly fun even w/o low life.

Another build that fits the list would be Havoc´s rank 1 lvl 100 in Nemesis,
Summoner with cast on death gems etc.
Shit took like 20 regrets every time one of his spectres died, but boooooy did those burning miscreations tear up shit fast!
zzZzzzZzzZz
I'd say the BoR WoE build deserves a spot. I think it's partially responsible for the nerfhammer of 1.3. It was a pretty prolific staple of the last leagues and was popular a bit before that. I'd also say the cast on death burning miscreations summoner was a pretty memorable build. Kinda funny how most of these builds are now defunct or just mediocre. GGG loves that balance pendulum.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Jan 25, 2015, 10:12:19 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:

3) Bow+Kaoms Lightning Arow: Sorry i do not know who to credit for this. These builds started with Lioneye's and then naturally evolved to voltaxic and went crit. This was the build that gave the first ever 100 build, and generally stayed relevant to the end game for months.

MrPetrov

Crit voltaxic was made by blastrophe, the name blass on cherrubims is a word play.
That chest was designed with crit life based voltaxic la in mind.
I wouldnt call it naturally evolving tho.

Pertrov also made a crit dagger with abysseus and lightning coil,first time that combo was used I think.

And you've missed out the good original ele cleave by vic. Too damn strong in races it had to be nerfed...

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
credits to spectral goes 100% to flubby, wanderer 100% to sky
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
turtleken wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:

3) Bow+Kaoms Lightning Arow: Sorry i do not know who to credit for this. These builds started with Lioneye's and then naturally evolved to voltaxic and went crit. This was the build that gave the first ever 100 build, and generally stayed relevant to the end game for months.

MrPetrov

Crit voltaxic was made by blastrophe, the name blass on cherrubims is a word play.
That chest was designed with crit life based voltaxic la in mind.
I wouldnt call it naturally evolving tho.

Pertrov also made a crit dagger with abysseus and lightning coil,first time that combo was used I think.

And you've missed out the good original ele cleave by vic. Too damn strong in races it had to be nerfed...

Yeah, i was really thinking about Kaoms tank builds with L.A. As the one used by HvR to level to 100. I guess i consider the turn to Voltaxic as a natural evolution, due to being reflect proof. Most people actually played lioneye's and then changed their builds to voltaxic when it was introduced in the game. I consider Nephalim's build as the n.1 voltaxic build, not Blastrophe's.

Vic's build was closed beta exclusive, that's why it was not included. AS for the blender(later ele cleave), would have been my 6th option, but i wanted to restrict the list to 5 choises. Also the point of the thread wa for people to share their own opinion on which builds are "legendary". My list only is only my opinion, which means next to nothing.

On another note, people saying that low life ST was Flubby's build, i agree. But the only reason i included this build was because of it's OPness. And Fyndel's variation, which included heavy physical damage scaling as well and did not use the life leech gem, was arguably the strongest of them all.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:

Yeah, i was really thinking about Kaoms tank builds with L.A. As the one used by HvR to level to 100. I guess i consider the turn to Voltaxic as a natural evolution, due to being reflect proof. Most people actually played lioneye's and then changed their builds to voltaxic when it was introduced in the game. I consider Nephalim's build as the n.1 voltaxic build, not Blastrophe's.

Vic's build was closed beta exclusive, that's why it was not included. AS for the blender(later ele cleave), would have been my 6th option, but i wanted to restrict the list to 5 choises. Also the point of the thread wa for people to share their own opinion on which builds are "legendary". My list only is only my opinion, which means next to nothing.

On another note, people saying that low life ST was Flubby's build, i agree. But the only reason i included this build was because of it's OPness. And Fyndel's variation, which included heavy physical damage scaling as well and did not use the life leech gem, was arguably the strongest of them all.

Yep
having mapped both with arly(Nephalim) and blast during LA Kaoms prime, I got a first hand experiences to both builds which are slightly different. There was another high level LA Kaoms guy called Kayosee, whom had the same idea at the time too, that's all before change to aura reservation change, for which alry's build adapted and changed and Blast got to lvl 100 and quit. (Arly uses bm gem whilst blast used bm passive, and aura reservation change rekted blasts build)

Blast is the more yolo one and arly is more tanky one, both are excellent builds showing the diversity based on player's preferences.

I'd say your yolo flicker bomb was pretty significant too XD

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info