Tempest shield + EE

The biggest issue isn't even the -50 res, or the fact that there's really no downside to taking it. RT means you cannot crit, CI means 1 life, acro means shit block and shit armor, EE - virtually nothing. The real issue is that tempest procs EE. I mean, tempest (from my testing) doesn't proc culling strike, so why should an idle skill reap huge rewards with no ill effect of one of the most powerful nodes in the entire tree?
To: bigfoot312

cap your res over 200
-flask +50 res
-…of Resistance flask
-cast res aura / all res aura
u can 300+res noob
"
bigfoot312 wrote:
To: bigfoot312

cap your res over 200
-flask +50 res
-…of Resistance flask
-cast res aura / all res aura
u can 300+res noob

yeah noob just get 300 all res who cares about damage
lol..is Srandomnumbers talking about lld even?

too bad that ee is a buff and cant be warded with flasks
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Yeah that guy totally missed the train on what we're talking about.
My issue here is that all I read is people debating whether it is a problem or not. No solutions that are appropriate.

I won't debate whether or not it is broken, as I haven't experience it myself yet, however I can say this: I have not read a single solution that doesnt break the golden rule 'pvp cannot affect pve'.

Your only solution so far was change how EE keystone works which is unacceptable and will never make it through. Making EE not work on buffs, will break some pve builds possibly, it just doesnt make sense.

If you insist on this to be changed, start by coming up with solutions that don't affect pve.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jan 24, 2015, 10:14:06 PM
Golden rule? In what instance has this been exercised? Shadow's entire tree was affected pvp/pve, lets not pretend that that's a real rule.
^

And what about the dual wielding nerfs, block nerfs and all that good stuff? Acro nerf? Ungil nerf?

Why not just have a separate passive tree or a separate pvp realm
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
yes you are absolutely right. Every single change in 1.3 to passive tree and items was fueled by pvp because the items/nodes changed were completely fine in pve and didn't need balancing at all.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
EE is very problematic indeed because of the concept of the passive. Its hard to come up with a solution that doesnt ruin it for pve. It needs some sort of adjusting though because it certainly wasnt designed for lvl 28 pvp and is ridiculously powerful there. Im still baffled people have only now begun to realise EE is suuuperstrong vs some things when used with tempest shield. I mean a build similar to my own EE-templar would most likely beat my sword character consistently by just sefcasting stuff.

Also I think its rather naive to think that the tree would get balanced around pvp almost at all. Its the core game and new players in it that have been receiving help wih the passive tree starts. It may have seemed the recent changes were for pvp players but that certainly wasnt the case.
Last edited by lapiz on Jan 25, 2015, 4:40:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info