Tempest shield + EE

One of the least talked about broken mechanics in pvp is the use of EE and how convenient it is to -50 your opponent and little to no effort or downside. Casting tempest shield + molten shield + user casting fp is the easiest way to complete break any intended balance for this tree. Cold is easily the strongest casted element, couple that with the efficiency of EE for cold users and we have a spoiled niche group that can abuse these mechanics. The +25% res "downside" is hardly one at all, considering any competitive pvper is already max res. Perhaps changing the +25% res to +10% max res or lessening the effects of EE would help balance this. Likely the easy fix is disallowing EE to proc on buff spells like tempest shield, molten shell. The node itself has no downsides for being as powerful as it is.

can only agree with the post and am abusing it as long as it exists
Hell, me too :D
Overcap res. git gud /s
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
It's funny, i was going to add a disclaimer for responses like that. thx skyforth, boyyy are u goood!
"
Skyforth wrote:
Overcap res. git gud /s

very few have 125/125/125 afaik but yes you're absolutely right
I cant think of one build off the top of my head that uses a shield and has ee from the passive tree for -50res debuf. If you use the ziggy ring its -30 not -50 (but can be combined with ele weakness or other curse...)

You don't really need to overcap all resists. The most dangerous ones are fire and cold. Very few builds will be using anti lightning ee and a curse to deal extra damage so this is your last priority when working on your gear.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Jan 23, 2015, 3:42:57 PM
andkamen i wouldn't have made this post if it wasn't happening. There are at least 4 people that I know of that do this, and all can easily do it. It's the easiest anti-melee counter and requires nothing at all. The point isn't who and how often does it, the point is that it can happen. -50 debuff shouln't be possible, but it is.
I put fire res and cold res on my rings specifically for this! But I'm pretty topped out on the quality of my gear, and I'm not crit, so I had the nodes and affixes to spare to overlap to 125+
Its -81 if you use a lvl 4 q20 elemental weakness curse in conjunction with EE and -104 if you can duel curse with something like conductivity.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info