Exalted...Scrap?

Here's an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a day or two, but I am unsure as to how good or bad an idea it is. We have the Arcanist sets, with everything from lowly transmutes to Exalted orbs. At the upper end, there's stuff you can't vendor-convert, stuff like exalts and chaos, but for the Artisan's, there's almost none of that. Chisels are laughably common, and I have hundreds of Glassblower's Baubles from trading up whetstones and scraps.

So what if GGG added an Exalt-tier Artisan's currency item? I don't know, perhaps something that can add a point of quality above the 20% maximum but that is so rare that it doesn't wreck game balance; perhaps an item that instantly pushes a piece of equipment to maximum quality? I'm not sure.

What are your thoughts?
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's true that we only have up to gemcutter's, which are just valued around 2c.

But I'm hard pressed to come up with an idea that would be worth a lot, and also not potentially a bad idea. It's a tricky balance because the general concept of quality works well with many small steps and smaller orbs to achieve each step. And then, by using 20 gemcutters, you can make a regular gem 20q, for around 30-40c. So, why would we really need a 20q orb? And if quality is intended to stop at 20, should we really introduce an orb that changes that?

Seems like a good observation, but something for GGG to consider, and perhaps do absolutely nothing with.
Yeah, it was mostly born from my realization that I'm actually disappointed when I come across an Artisan's Strongbox, which seems odd considering it contains nothing but cash. My suggestion is really just to find something over and above, and like you said it's something for GGG to consider.
Maybe jewelry quality? What would it do?
The first thing that came to mind was the ability to push a piece of equipment past 20 quality. Not sure where the Exalted Scrap cap would lie, though.
Hi

Damn here I thought this post was about the idea of exalt fragments because the exalt drop in this game is beyond abysmal. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO CRAFT WITHOUT EXALT DROPS GGG? TRADE? WTF!

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
What you are complaining about is the amount of investment you need to get close to the 1st and 2nd tier stuff. It is probably too high at the moment
"
Maybe jewelry quality? What would it do?

Oh, i actually like this a bit. If we are talking about the new currency to be rare, more rare than gcp now, i was thinking something in this line:

Coral ring 20Q = 4-5% life
Moonstone ring = 4-5% ES
Coral amulet = 1% life regen

And so on where the ring/amu would give a minor bonus based on the type/stats it has as base. So a two stone ring could perhaps give 5/5% ele dmg.

The problem with this is that it would basically give 2-3 free passive points at a cost of 20x per item of the new currency, so i dont think they would implement something like this.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Jan 23, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
The other way it might work is as Quality...but for the AFFIXES instead of the innate stats. For example, using 20 of these on a ring with +10 life and +25 mana might give an additional couple points of each. I do think that, like GCPs, they should always give exactly one point of quality no matter what, though.
So, here are the suggestions for jewellery quality :
+ A bonus specifically designed for each kind of jewel.
+ A bonus to affixes.
+ I'd like to add the idea of X% iir or iiq for each point of quality. Thus any build would be able to get some loot increase, even if some builds would be able to get more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info