Just Another Crit Mjölner build - VP - Uber in 6mins (Awakening tree ,With Skill Jew you must have)

My average discharge damage with 3 power and 3 endurance charge is 10k without rf turned on .And attack time is 0.18 sec . Is that ok? gonna grab another endurance charge and power charge soon ..
edited
Last edited by ssebastiann on Jul 23, 2015, 2:59:58 PM
bubblescover 10k to wery low
mi tol tip 45k
Last edited by Fenrir1331 on Jul 25, 2015, 9:25:24 AM
Hi! i'm leveling a Scion to do this build, but i have a question... Can you show me how you get 412str without any +30str node? Any Jewel?

(Sorry for my bad english)
sup guys

nice building, been following since a year ago (or so) and its really cool to play with. well done!

but i havent played w low life in 2.0 (running leagues). Ppl are telling me that es is some how not op
and that maybe i should go life+armour mjolner. so i would like to ask u what do u think about it.

i think thas life version = survivability and low life = more dps and a little less surv (if u have really great items) or a lot less surv (if u dont have great stuff).

gonna link my stuff (sold my helmet already but no big deal, wasnt so good. but i think ill have to change my shield and boots 2 if i wanna stay low life.

heres is the link of 2 life-armour based builds im thinking on:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067

already thx for the help of everyone and cya
"
i think thas life version = survivability and low life = more dps and a little less surv (if u have really great items) or a lot less surv (if u dont have great stuff).

i run a life non-crit version:
~12k evasion
~40%/30% dodge/spelldodge
~40% of phys. dmg taken converted to lighting dmg
~5.6k hp
~85 fire/lighting resists (without any flasks)
~80 cold res
~10 chaos res
vaalpact
Auras: Purity of Fire and Lighting, Grace, Arctic Armour. I also have a purity of ice if cold damage should be a problem

There is also the option to run an armour build, personally i prefer evasion especially since it has incredible synergies with enfeeble. There is also the option to run kingsguard instead of lighting coil so you can drop life leech in the mjölner for a dps gem. Personally i run discharge + inc. area of effect /con effect for bosses + life leech. i don't run arc because it does not add anything imho. you mostly shock trash mobs which die fast enough and bosses have too much hp to be shocked. increased area almost clears the whole screen and for though bosses i just switch in conc. effect.

Attack:
Molten Strike - GMP - LMP - Fortify - Multistrike - Faster Attacks
i sustain mana via jewels that give mana on hit (4-6 mana/hit in total is enough)

This is my main problem with ES builds: you need 6 offcolors on the shavs for your ideal attack setup. ES builds are also much better for crit as most of the nodes are very close.

Personally i would say:

ES/Crit:
Higher damage (~30-50% more) edit: probably 60-80% more, forgot pain attunement
Much more expensive (6 offcolor shavs, shavs ring)
Flask recharge on crits

Life:
More tanky than es, unless you have very good es gear
Life flasks
better defensive stats (evasion/dodge)

i have not tried the es version because i would need a 6link shavs with 3R3G offcolour sockets. (only have 5L/6S shavs), i have most of the other items including legacy shav ring.
Last edited by tesb on Nov 13, 2015, 12:16:52 AM
"
tesb wrote:
"

i run a life non-crit version:
~12k evasion
~40%/30% dodge/spelldodge
~40% of phys. dmg taken converted to lighting dmg
~5.6k hp
~85 fire/lighting resists (without any flasks)
~80 cold res
~10 chaos res
vaalpact
Auras: Purity of Fire and Lighting, Grace, Arctic Armour. I also have a purity of ice if cold damage should be a problem

There is also the option to run an armour build, personally i prefer evasion especially since it has incredible synergies with enfeeble. There is also the option to run kingsguard instead of lighting coil so you can drop life leech in the mjölner for a dps gem. Personally i run discharge + inc. area of effect /con effect for bosses + life leech. i don't run arc because it does not add anything imho. you mostly shock trash mobs which die fast enough and bosses have too much hp to be shocked. increased area almost clears the whole screen and for though bosses i just switch in conc. effect.

Attack:
Molten Strike - GMP - LMP - Fortify - Multistrike - Faster Attacks
i sustain mana via jewels that give mana on hit (4-6 mana/hit in total is enough)

This is my main problem with ES builds: you need 6 offcolors on the shavs for your ideal attack setup. ES builds are also much better for crit as most of the nodes are very close.

Personally i would say:

ES/Crit:
Higher damage (~30-50% more) edit: probably 60-80% more, forgot pain attunement
Much more expensive (6 offcolor shavs, shavs ring)
Flask recharge on crits

Life:
More tanky than es, unless you have very good es gear
Life flasks
better defensive stats (evasion/dodge)

i have not tried the es version because i would need a 6link shavs with 3R3G offcolour sockets. (only have 5L/6S shavs), i have most of the other items including legacy shav ring.
Nice to hear from someone. thx for extensive disc on it.

well at least on this build u dont need 6 off on a shavs :) 2b2r2g its almost izzy to get. i got mine w less then 200 chrms, not expensive at all. the flasks i craft/bought and spend like 30c to get all i needed. rumi's i already had. but i agree, es means money or exa$$$

i tried other melee w evas and i didnt like it, and since 2.0 we get much more dmg from mobs. ok, u gonna dodge/eva on 80% of the time, but when u get hit will hurt hard. And dying cant happen from lv 90 to 100. i know its viable but doesnt work for me i think. wanna facetank everithing $_$

i make my mind, gonna go armour/life version, already sold shavs so.. gonna try smt different, if i dont like ill come back to es or maybe give eva a try :P

thx again cya
Last edited by Thiagon856 on Nov 13, 2015, 6:53:48 PM
If you're looking for a life based version that still uses spell crit, there's my guide over in the marauder section:
Link here
It can be played as Mara, Witch, Templar, or Scion. The first 5 nodes are different depending on which class is used.

You'll need a 5L Kingsguard and a Voll's Devo, and of course Romira's and Mjolner itself.

Also, to those in this thread that are not running arc, that is a mistake. Arc generates additional charges to make discharge more powerful.

My build is very powerful and very tanky. Hope this helps you out.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
If you're looking for a life based version that still uses spell crit, there's my guide over in the marauder section:
Link here
It can be played as Mara, Witch, Templar, or Scion. The first 5 nodes are different depending on which class is used.

You'll need a 5L Kingsguard and a Voll's Devo, and of course Romira's and Mjolner itself.

Also, to those in this thread that are not running arc, that is a mistake. Arc generates additional charges to make discharge more powerful.

My build is very powerful and very tanky. Hope this helps you out.

-Savage
thx gonna take a look
"
i tried other melee w evas and i didnt like it, and since 2.0 we get much more dmg from mobs. ok, u gonna dodge/eva on 80% of the time, but when u get hit will hurt hard.

for me it was the other way around. i have an armour character (though not mjölner) and i find them much more squishy. most the big hits won't one shot you (except some bosses) but hit you for something like 3-4k (with lighting coil + fortify +arctic armour). in my amour build those hits were reduced a bit thanks to the amour, but every mobs hit you meaning your life can drop very fast. also you get a lot more crits (evasion greatly reduces the amount of crits you receive because it forces an additional roll on the crit), which can shock you when using lighting coil. In my experience the thing that kills me 99% of the time is corrupting blood while running vulnerability maps (= instant death) or being a bit sleepy and on dying to corrupting blood on regular maps. the remaining 1% is exploding corpses on strong boxes.

i may be one of the last people, but i still think armour is still inferior if you have flat mitigation like lighting coil, fortify etc. you won't get one-shotted with armour or evasion but you can loose a lot more life in a short amount of time with armour and those are the typical dangerous situations, like 2 rares with increases phys aura and crit aura. when i run/jump in the middle of such a pack with armour i usually die with 2-4 big hits in fast succession , with evasion i may get hit once or twice but with a big enough time interval to leech to full in between.

anyway i don't want to go into a debate as these are just experiences from two characters i have and i was very underwhelmed by armour.

"

arc is better for a crit build because you have less hits (due to relying on your accuracy), but i wrote specifically about a non-crit build where charge generation is not an issue; however, my main point is that arc does not necessarily mean better clear speed even if it would yield better dps. trash mobs die fast enough anyway so i rather clear larger parts on my screen. for bosses i am not so sure what comes out ahead: arc or conc. effect.

"
well at least on this build u dont need 6 off on a shavs :) 2b2r2g its almost izzy to get

how so? imho any other gem setup then
moltenstrike - gmp - lmp - multistrike - fortify - faster attacks
generates a lot less hits. the build will work fine with including a curse on hit and dropping two gems but to me it seems suboptimal in terms of dps. i can see dropping fortify and putting it on leap slam, but i would miss any other gem.
Last edited by tesb on Nov 14, 2015, 12:50:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info