[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

Sorry for the late response. 1st world time constraints.

"
won't this build be more efficient using one claw and one shield ?>

I don't see how it would be. The whole point of two claws is you get double the +15 life on hit implicate mod on the Tigers Paws thereby negating the use of a leech gem allowing you to add an additional offensive gem.

"
Is there another item I should be farming?

Nope. Tigers paws are all you need. Keep your eyes out for Life + resist gear. You really don't have to farm anything though. I keep a stash tab full of tigers paws I find to craft when the time arises because it seems no one really uses them. The greatest part of this build is that it's super cheap and requires no expensive uniques.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
YeahPete, Thanks for the great guide and lvling process and passive tree from lvl x to x , that helps alot for your followers.

I tried your build in january for my first HC character died 3 times, then played successful freezing pulse, then i just ripped my Dominatin gblow, and need a change and a fast paste melee.

I remembered your build.

Time to work on it as i gained knowledge of HC and i have abit of currency, now lets get the show started, lvl 27 atm, will try to hit 60tonight if all goes well.

:)
Hm.. not sure how you died. I literally tanked everything. This game is a bit difficult for beginners so over-level if you can. Remember to keep those resist rings on your person as your running through the game. I stash belts with high resists as well in case I need to swap one for a boss. Corrupted blood will instantly give u 20 charges so you need to have a bleeding flask. Being frozen and unable to leech is another thing that can kill you so keep a instant heal / thawing potion in potion slot 1. In slowt 5 I keep a speed flask, and slot 4 I use a normal healing potion to counteract my blood rage degen. WIth blood rage and 3 frenzy charges I am now at 10.6 attacks per second. With vaal haste I think it jumps to over 11 attacks per second I am on crack.

RIght now I am looking to transition into endgame gear for azuri. I am still using all the exact same gear I had before I just hit lvl 87. I am trying to switch over to evasion and get a 6 link and also get rid of that blood magic gem and possibly use mana for skills instead and add power charge on crit/added lightning/crit chance. That would be a huge dps boost. Still working out the kinks but tooltip says 12k dps so real word is like 24k. I really want to throw in dual curse as in elemental weakness to really get some good dps going. IF I can also find a corrupted amulet I would most definately sacrifice attack speed for triple curses. Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness, Assassins Mark. WIth those we would definately be looking over 50k dps. Can't wait but standard mode is a big grindfest but I need the standard mode experience since this is my first high lvl mapping character.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Hi YeahPete, first thanks for the solid build.

I've doing it two times in BloodLine mode but herald of the obelisk kill me at lvl 79 and 71, so i decided to go HC league and try again.

Now im lvl 82 in HC, doings maps with ease.

this is my skill tree,i take more eva and ondars guile.i have 5.5k life, 15k evasion rating and dps is ok (i run grace instead of anger):

its just so hard to find end game claws.
Last edited by Saintounet on Mar 6, 2015, 9:10:47 AM
"
Hi YeahPete, first thanks for the solid build.

Thanks!

"
I've doing it two times in BloodLine mode but herald of the obelisk kill me at lvl 79 and 71, so i decided to go HC league and try again.

Yes I've died in bloodlines twice as well (corrupted blood and dom smash), but since I get so little playtime I decided to stay in standard and get more endgame experience and eventually see how I may need to tweak the build for Uber.

Love your armor. I would love to use pure evasion and am trying to find gear right now. May be be difficult to get 4 red links in a pure evasion chest though. Prolly not as bad as I think though.

Other things That killed me in standard were two beyond rares but those were in maps I'd never attempt in bloodlines league. +dmg and speed in a beyond unique monster is crazy, but doing that I've learned that 24k dps is not enough. I have no 6 link yet, but even w/ 20/20 faster attacks, and herald of Ice, I don't think I will reach 50k dps.

I am also thinking sacrifice of some hp and res nodes for crit nodes will net some very nice dmg. Also going dual curse will effectively add 40% to our dps with ele weakness.

My Guides
"
Also going dual curse will effectively add 40% to our dps with ele weakness.

so i have respec some hp nodes (near constitution) and eva nodes (survivalist) for additionnal curse, and im pretty sure it was worth it :D i only loose 500hp and 2k evasion for it.

put ele weakness lvl 5 with cwdt and enfeeble and it works great, i have a better clear speed, mob with res ele damage and +maximum life die quickly,its good against bosses too obviously, now my n°1 problem is i need better claws.

my stats are: 5k life, 14k500 evasion, elemental res capped, 21% res chaos in merci, my molten strike tooltips say 5,579dps (very low i guess, but my claws :x) with 8 attack per second, and again, even without dual curses it was ok.

Keep up the good work with the build, thanks.
Last edited by Saintounet on Mar 7, 2015, 3:36:40 PM
Thank you for the inspiration. I had been planning to use greater multiple projectiles and now you have confirmed that GMP is indeed a viable gem for the skill. Most early guides for MS has adviced against using GMP but from testing is seems that GMP in practice works better then in theory. GMP in you build seems to work like almost a fast hitting field effect granting vast amounts of lifegain on hit.

Using the tiger claws for massive LGOH and then using elemental sources of damage makes me think perhaps Incerased Projectile Damage nodes could be a usefull focus. IPD nodes increases all sources of damage, both physical and elemental as opposed to most melee skills wich only inrease the physical damage portion of the attack.

My plan based on your idea is to focus on attack speed, increased projectile damage, increeased chaos damage and the support Added Chaos Damage.
Last edited by GunHulk on Mar 8, 2015, 10:53:02 AM
"
my stats are: 5k life, 14k500 evasion, elemental res capped, 21% res chaos in merci, my molten strike tooltips say 5,579dps (very low i guess, but my claws :x) with 8 attack per second, and again, even without dual curses it was ok.

Id drop your evasion nodes and ondors guile. I have never been afraid of anything melee because of immortal call and acrobatics. Id drop grace and add herald of ice to increase dps. by the time another melee or ranged attack hits you your at full hp from leech. i have confimed this by tanking double colonade boss. you just need enough hp to survive the initial hit (6k seems to be the sweet spot.) Not to mention instaheal flasks. high hp is btter than evasion because evasion does nothing for Storm Herald which is what you told me you died from. high hp along w/ insta heal and 1 regen flask can tank Storm Herald.

I also use blood rage w/ ~27% chaos res. that 15% speed is quite useful.

craft by alting ~10 claws W/ some major speed >22% speed. then regal all 10 w/ the speed. Pick the two best and use masters to further enhace the claws.

If your hp is under 6k, use belly of the beast. I may grab 3-4 of those and use all my currency to 6L it. Then spec into more dmg nodes and add my 4th aura.

My Guides
"
Most early guides for MS has adviced against using GMP but from testing is seems that GMP in practice works better then in theory. GMP in you build seems to work like almost a fast hitting field effect granting vast amounts of lifegain on hit.

GMP only works better when going life on hit. Also 20 quality GMP gives 15% attack speed which is further enhanced by multistrikes more multiplier.

"
Incerased Projectile Damage nodes could be a usefull focus

they could be, but they are not at useful as say getting dual curse or ele dmg nodes. Ele dmg nodes increase both melee hit and the projectiles so why only increase projectiles when u can increase both? And speed is even better. My goal is to get triple curse via a corrupted amulet. The physical portion is useless dmg.

"
My plan based on your idea is to focus on attack speed, increased projectile damage, increeased chaos damage and the support Added Chaos Damage.
why added chaos? Added lightning is better and you get it automatically increased by %weapon ele dmg nodes and further multiplied by ele weakness. Not to mention the chance to shock and the possible +180% weapon ele dmg from gear mods alone. Chaos dmg will not be as effective as elemental. Not to mention the ele dmg will scale every auras dmg which is greater than the weapon dmg. its better to have +20%weapon ele dmg than to do 1-100 lightning dmg And I'll show you why.

HoT: 12-186 : 99
Wrath: 14-231 : 122.5
Anger: 77-129 : 103
Herald of Ice: 53-70 : 61.5
Total Avg Ele DMg Per Hit from auras: 386

Now Add a simple +67% weapon ele dmg gem: 386*1.67 = 644.62
and now add the easily obtainable +187% ele dmg from just gear and ele dmg gem:
386*2.87=820.82
820.82*10=8208.2 dps w/ 10 attacks per second on just ele dmg from auras no dmg passives
then add ele weakness lvl 6: 8208.2*1.25= 10260.25

Compare that to your added chaos dmg: (161+242)/2=201.5 avg dmg
the add what maybe the 1.6% more chaos dmg: 201.5*1.6=322.4
322.4*10=3224 dps chaos dmg

compared to an added lightning dmg: (13+238)/2=125.5
125.5*2.87=360.185
360*1.25=450 w/ ele weakness
450*10=4500 dps

if i add passives and crit the gap only widens. Faster attacks will b my 6th link anyways to leech more and likely net me more dps while also leeching more.

My Guides

I just reevaluated my passive tree. This looks to be the best and will be what I shoot for. The extra crit will should work wonders in endgame. I Also last bandit will be power charge. For all of you looking for a weapon. I was amazed how I was looking at this and to be honest the weapon needs no damage at all on it. All it needs is:

Tigers Paw:
Prefixes: Weapon Elemental Dmg, Lightning Dmg, Cold Dmg
Suffixes: Attack Speed, Critical Chance, Weapon Crit Multiplier

The importance of the mods are as follows:
1. Weapon Speed
2. Weapon Ele Dmg
3. Critical Chance
4. Crit Multiplier
5. Lightning Dmg
6. Cold Dmg

You do not need a high dmg weapon. We use the weapon to scale the aura's dmg to reach rediculous dps. By creating a weapon w/ >23% attack speed, >20% weapon ele dmg, and >30% critical chance. The other mods are not necessary. We are scaling the aura damage through the use of every MORE multiplier (Added ele, Ele weakness, Crit, speed.

I modified the tree to add critical chance and additional curse and additional power charge. if we get 9% crit chance on weapon and we have.
+260% crit chance from passives
+250% crit chance from power charges.
+510 potential crit chance

This build will definately be uber viable once proper gear is obtained. I will do the math later. I will have to rework my own passive tree as well to match this one here. Triple curses via a corrupted amulet, a curse on hit gloves, and a corrupted ring w/ 6%dmg taken goes to mana to get rid of blood magic gem. Also a piece of gear with either mana on hit or mana leech. The blood magic gem will be replaced with power charge on critical strike or critical chance if you don't have a 3rd curse up. Cheers!

My Guides
Last edited by YeahPete on Mar 8, 2015, 6:40:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info