Deal with the Bandits Rewards

Someone describe the basics of this quest?

I can only guess from what I'm reading that you get a quest somewhere in the game to kill one or several of these bandits and there's a reward for each of them. And it seems no one has killed all of them yet.

So where in the game are they?
Do they spawn random? Very seldom?
I'm pretty confused about the part that it's possible to take one's side. Let live? How does that work?
"
Meltage wrote:
Someone describe the basics of this quest?

I can only guess from what I'm reading that you get a quest somewhere in the game to kill one or several of these bandits and there's a reward for each of them. And it seems no one has killed all of them yet.

So where in the game are they?
Do they spawn random? Very seldom?
I'm pretty confused about the part that it's possible to take one's side. Let live? How does that work?

SPOILERS

When you enter act2, you get a quest to kill the bandits from an npc in the camp. There's 3 bandit camps located at 3 specifics locations. When you reach a camp, you have the leader of the camp as a quest giver and he ask you to join them. If you accept, he give you a quest to go kill the other 2 leaders (and it also shows what's the reward for the completion of his quest is). If you refuse, the area become shut and you gotta fight him and his goons.

After completing the quest for a bandit lord, the quest that you picked at the town becomes abandoned and cannot be completed.
I haven't got a high level character yet but I'm guessing as you level up you'll have access to all skill points anyway? In this case, getting the skill point reward will only speed up the skill tree process, which can be a bit futile.

Now, if by doing this I get by the end of the game (max level char) -4 possible skill points, then by all means I'll go with killing all bandits.
Last edited by Datpleb on Mar 23, 2012, 2:32:52 PM
"
Datpleb wrote:
I haven't got a high level character yet but I'm guessing as you level up you'll have access to all skill points anyway? In this case, getting the skill point reward will only speed up the skill tree process, which can be a bit futile.

Now, if by doing this I get by the end of the game (max level char) -4 possible skill points, then by all means I'll go with killing all bandits.

The extra skill points are indeed extra, when you get to max level there is still plenty of place to allocate more skill points. I take the skill points on all my chars.
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Datpleb wrote:

The extra skill points are indeed extra, when you get to max level there is still plenty of place to allocate more skill points. I take the skill points on all my chars.

Damn
already got the 8% on all stats once lol...

ah well, going with levels from now on, even though it's an entire quest lost cause the 8% will make no significant difference later on... should've come here before, heh
As an HC player, I get the HP every time.
PM me in forums if you need any help!
Malice's Newbie FaQ: http://tinyurl.com/72wrafn
In Hardcore I almost always go with the +45life from Oak. I've had too many close encounters where I've survived with 45hp or less, so Oak has repaid the debt of letting him live to me.
Hello,

I believe I have some sort of bug here as I have killed oak but I didn't get the reward.., also the quest "Deal with the bandits" it is still shown as incomplete?!?!
Can I get some help here please? ..pic:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/nanezinha/oak_quest_error_zps4c117df3.jpg
http://www.twitch.tv/pintarola2012
Last edited by Pintarola_2012 on Jan 26, 2013, 1:47:24 AM
You might want to add the little known option of betraying one of the bandits. If you agree to help one then kill him later you get 2 respec points.
"
Phredius wrote:
You might want to add the little known option of betraying one of the bandits. If you agree to help one then kill him later you get 2 respec points.

Hmm. Does that mean that I can agree to help, then kill, and still get the Skill Point as well as the respec points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info