Deal with the Bandits Rewards

I agree the health and mana bonuses are very underwhelming - but you've done a very good job with the elemental resistance vs. skill point, I'm genuinely having trouble deciding between the two. On the one hand, I get a skill point and travel the tree faster! ...but on the other hand, I could eventually reduce a third of all elemental damage done to me. Aaaargh.

If you want to make it even harder to decide, change the bonuses from flat health/mana to percentage health/mana. Maybe... 6% health, 12% mana? The health needs to be low enough to be balanced but high enough to be attractive, and the mana needs to be high enough that people might consider actually getting it. As a Witch I chew through Mana extremely quickly, so if the value was too low nobody would ever choose it.
IRON MAN
I really like the mana one, I'd take it over a skill point. Especially for someone like a ranger, who doesn't really have access to much in the way of mana passives.

For someone with 200 mana, you'd need a +15% bonus to match it.

For me, the skill point reward is the least attractive.
So +8 elemental resistance is the same as 8% elemental resistance?
How about +hp regen or +mp regen? Much more on par with resists or a skill point, I'd think.
Are the rewards static on each difficulty? I think they should scale, which allows GGG to tweak their relative values for balance concerns down the road more easily.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Could anyone conform completly as I've heard some ppl mentioning on chat that you get 1 skill point regardless as a quest reward, and helping one of the 3 leaders grants an extra reward, while killing all 3 grants nothing.
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
32@ takes 3 slots on gear to reach.

while 4 skillpoints could be

40 dex/int/str
x % HP
x attack speed
x % crit chance
x run speed
x mana reg
x dmg
x .....

its more flexible i think
I really think that the mana one is underwhelming. The hp one is so so but effectively speaking, it would be better to get the resistance to everything.
"
Version 0.9.3d
Elemental damage reflection is now affected by resistances.

I guess HC glass canons will weight more on the elemental resistance reward after the last patch.
"
bobbing wrote:
So +8 elemental resistance is the same as 8% elemental resistance?

I Checked my Resist stats. It is indeed 8%.

"
wizard_6 wrote:
Could anyone conform completly as I've heard some ppl mentioning on chat that you get 1 skill point regardless as a quest reward, and helping one of the 3 leaders grants an extra reward, while killing all 3 grants nothing.

You only get the skill point if you kill all 3. Not sure about an extra reward, I've only helped the one bandit for 8% ele resist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info