About yesterday's AMA

"
Xavderion wrote:
OP admitted that he's using the hack and he isn't banned. I'm not saying he should be banned (I honestly don't care) but this might encourage people to use to hack since GGG doesn't seem to care either.

Are you sure about that? What makes you think that I have used this any time recently? I'm not interested in getting banned or trying to circumvent GGG's attempts to stop this hack. Nor to do I suggest any one do that. Part of the reason I did the AMA in the first place is to me the hack is all but dead anyways.

My intentions were to give people a view into why people would use this in the first place. Which as you can see from other comments here and there, isn't to just get the best drops and be better than anyone else. I don't know, but I think that most just like to have fun killing stuff and getting cool items. They just don't want to have to invest days and days to try and understand some of those more difficult and abstract concepts. The thing to remember though is that not everyone has fun the same way. Its awesome that some people love to crunch the numbers because then we all don't have too individually and instead we can just follow a build and kill stuff.
Self proclaimed noob to the core, but still hardcore
"
mazul wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:
perhaps many players may be turned off the game.

Doesn't matter as long as they are making a lot of money from non-western servers.

Wouldn't be the first time that a company banned a significant amount of their playerbase to "cleanse" their game. I believe that Runescape at one point banned something like 90%+ of their entire playerbase because they were botting. Game companies most definitely have to make decisions to decide what type of gameplay is allowed.

Take RMT as an example. I'm sure there are ways that they could detect which accounts have exorbitant amounts of currency when they really shouldn't, but there are problems with doing that. You risk banning innocent people. Also the unfortunate truth is that it is the bots and some of the hackers that make the trading market much more liquid. For those that can nolife and get all the drops they want it is great, but for those that choose money over time and buy it instead may just not play at all.

I would venture to guess the number of people who buy from RMT is significantly higher than use this cheat. That's an even tougher quandary to crack, just look at D3's attempt.
"
Jaerin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
OP admitted that he's using the hack and he isn't banned. I'm not saying he should be banned (I honestly don't care) but this might encourage people to use to hack since GGG doesn't seem to care either.

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure, this is from your AMA:

"3.) I really hope that GGG does actually hear the voices of PoEHUD's supporters and implements many of the QOL features of PoEHUD. Yes I would stop using it if they were. I don't WANT to use PoEHUD, I do because it makes the game I like much more fun when I play it."

Bolded the relevant part.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Mind-boggling ignorance bolded.

So you're saying having only a bit of an unfair advantage will draw in new players to the races? Or will they simply stop participating? As would be the same effect of rampant cheating.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

So you're saying having only a bit of an unfair advantage will draw in new players to the races? Or will they simply stop participating? As would be the same effect of rampant cheating.

I'm saying that teleport hacks, speed hacks, real dupes (not the 'dupes' we had before) etc would ruin the game, I don't understand how you can't see that.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I'm saying that teleport hacks, speed hacks, real dupes (not the 'dupes' we had before) etc would ruin the game, I don't understand how you can't see that.

In PVE they can only ruin my gaming experience if they cause server lag. Otherwise I won't care.
And in temp leagues/races, if I have to go against people who rmt or use these minor advantages, why bother?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
I talked to them about it and they say it's because they don't want to give ranged classes an unfair advantage.

Which could easily be solved by just having the field of view with monsters/items limited to what we have now while also zooming out more, have the rest of the playing field in fog of war or so.
Because I honestly get seasick from playing my own character. The entire screen transfers feel jittery at best.

Yes, but seeing mobs just pop into existence on your screen is generally something that wants to be avoided at all possible in games. Breaks immersion very very badly.

"
Hyskoa wrote:
The races are unfair now with maphacks. So a little unfair or a lot unfair doesn't really matter.
They're still unfair.

I dunno, I'm not a proponent of cheating in the races. The rewards are what make people cheat and the fact that there are people who seem to dedicate too much time to them to be able to fairly compete. It's one thing to have something like the MLG or something where only the top players compete and so getting there is an achievement in of itself. When the individual races don't really matter and the whole contest can be won through just playing more, then people don't feel it is a fair contest of skill. It is simply another grind, one with guaranteed rewards at that. So those people aren't there to compete, they are there to grind the rewards. Anything to make the grind easier is why they cheat. They don't think they can win them legit so they use whatever means necessary. Unfortunately, people can't just not do things that ruin other people's game if they feel the situation is unfair to begin with.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Jaerin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure, this is from your AMA:

"3.) I really hope that GGG does actually hear the voices of PoEHUD's supporters and implements many of the QOL features of PoEHUD. Yes I would stop using it if they were. I don't WANT to use PoEHUD, I do because it makes the game I like much more fun when I play it."

Bolded the relevant part.

This makes the assumption that I'm playing PoE. I haven't played in Torment or Bloodlines except maybe to level 2 or 3. I was going too, but got distracted with other games.
"
Hyskoa wrote:

In PVE they can only ruin my gaming experience if they cause server lag. Otherwise I won't care.
And in temp leagues/races, if I have to go against people who rmt or use these minor advantages, why bother?

According to Charan, Chris would pull the plug on PoE if something like what I described happened. Would that ruin your gaming experience? :P
"
Jaerin wrote:

This makes the assumption that I'm playing PoE. I haven't played in Torment or Bloodlines except maybe to level 2 or 3. I was going too, but got distracted with other games.

Well, it does imply that whenever you do play PoE, you're using the hack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info