Why does the "Disembowling" Crit cluster work with ST?

Crit cluster near Mara/Templar.

Says "Melee Critical strike Chance"

Spectral Throw has no "melee" tag. It DOES NOT benefit from "+ X% melee physical damage" nodes.

I does benefit from the Melee crit cluster though (tested in game, ST has same crit chance taking this as my double strike).

Working as intended?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Yes, it does benefit projectiles too, you're not hallucinating. I'd say it's working as intended, as a 'crit with melee weapon' node, we had crit with one handed melee weapons and two handed melee weapons before so they just combined those clusters into one.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Working as intended or not, the wording does not feel consistent with the old one/two-hand specific clusters; as you mentioned it'd be Crit Chance with Melee Weapons instead. It's been brought up a few times, but I haven't read anything from GGG on the matter. Bleh. :P
"
raics wrote:
Yes, it does benefit projectiles too, you're not hallucinating. I'd say it's working as intended, as a 'crit with melee weapon' node, we had crit with one handed melee weapons and two handed melee weapons before so they just combined those clusters into one.

They should clarify the wording then. I did not go for those nodes as ST because I thought it wouldn't benefit me since ST has no "Melee" Tag...

Disembowing

50% increased Melee Weapon Critical Strike chance
10% increased Melee Weapon Critical Strike multiplier

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Working as intended or not, the wording does not feel consistent with the old one/two-hand specific clusters; as you mentioned it'd be Crit Chance with Melee Weapons instead. It's been brought up a few times, but I haven't read anything from GGG on the matter. Bleh. :P

Yeah. Just made a fool out of me on stream by saying it wont work with ST (which it shouldnt with that wording). Hope that it gets cleared out.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's been brought up a few times, but I haven't read anything from GGG on the matter. Bleh. :P

Yeah, I've seen quite a few threads about it. Fresh players asked because they weren't sure if it works or not and more experienced ones were curious as to why does it work when the wording says it shouldn't. I guess we'd see more of them if building crit on left side was less pooped, people aren't complaining because they aren't using the nodes.

I feel it is fair wording as for ST you use Melee Weapons. If it said melee attack crit then that would be a different story.
"
RedSSilent wrote:
If it said melee attack crit then that would be a different story.

That's what it says, 'melee crit' implies 'melee attack crit', there is no 'melee' damage that isn't 'attack'.

How else do you word that then? If the attack part is implied, which with GGG nothing is implied at least as far as I have seen.

Crit chance on any attack skill is based on your weapon. Therefore Disembowling is modifying your melee weapons crit chance.
The way I already wrote in first post - 'crit with melee weapon', it's consistent with other similar descriptions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info