Beta Invite Email

Here's what the invite email says. I'm posting it here so that no one else needs to and so that the community understands the scope and rules of the Beta.

"

Welcome to the Path of Exile Beta!

We've been working on Path of Exile for four years now, and are incredibly excited (and a little nervous) to be finally sharing it with people, especially other fans of action RPGs.

This is a genuine product testing beta, not a 'marketing beta'. We're a small indie team that wants your honest feedback. The game will continue to change regularly based on your opinions.

Path of Exile is currently unfinished. We have many months of changes planned, including revamps of almost every major system in the game. Some large features are not enabled yet and will be added early in the Closed Beta. We intend to openly discuss our plans for these systems so that we can get quality feedback. Please visit the Beta forums to read our plans for these areas.

Like any other Beta test, ours contains some content that is not announced or not finished yet. This email outlines the rules of what you can and can't talk about publicly regarding the Beta.

- You can tell people that you are in the Beta. Your account is marked as "Beta Member" on the forums.
- You can discuss any publicly available information that you would normally have discussed before you were in the Beta test.
- You're welcome to post your general opinions on the game. Please do not go into detail about unannounced specifics or unfinished systems.
- Please do not reveal unannounced information or comment on how things in the Beta work. For example, you should not post about some skill that hasn't been announced yet, or some unannounced looting system we are testing out.
- Please do not post balance values from the game or update public websites or wikis with this information. For example, if someone is gathering a list of item names in the Beta, you should not tell them new names. This information will change very frequently and we don't want to confuse people.
- Please do not post screenshots or videos without permission. However, if you ask you are likely to be granted permission.
- Please do not share your account. In the future, we'll periodically allow you to invite some friends to play with.
If you abuse these rules we reserve the right to remove your access.

If in doubt, please ask for permission. We'll probably say yes if the request is reasonable. We're not trying to stop word from getting out (we'd love you to spread the word!), we just want to avoid misinformation about things that are not finalised.

You should now be able to see the Closed Beta forums on the Path of Exile site. Please post bug reports, feedback and suggestions for improvement to these forums rather than the public ones - otherwise we'll miss them and other Beta testers won't be able to add their views.

We believe the quality of your feedback and suggestions during this Beta will be one of the biggest contributors to the success of the final game. So, please don't lurk and do give specific feedback and constructive suggestions not just complaints. We're listening to everything you say.

The game is approximately 2.3gb and can be installed with the following installer: [removed]
To log in, use the email address and password that you signed up for your www.pathofexile.com account with.

Enjoy the Beta!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 27, 2011, 12:17:05 AM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2017, 11:13:53 AM
*refreshes inbox frenetically*
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
oh god I hope I get in
Good idea, Chris.
Forum Sheriff
Lets hope to be taken :) good luck all ^^ But i cant see any Activation Code in Chris post
so there wasn't any ? ^.^
Are you using DDL for the installer or do you have a private torrent/client? With the number of people you are inviting and the download size, it would probably help on your bandwidth. The downside of course is the torrent could get out.
is here ....
Maligna
Woohoo! So excited, i love u Chris (full homo) ;)
Mad guyz? >>
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Aug 9, 2011, 11:01:50 PM
"
Sparhawk wrote:
Are you using DDL for the installer or do you have a private torrent/client? With the number of people you are inviting and the download size, it would probably help on your bandwidth. The downside of course is the torrent could get out.

A direct download would probably kill their bandwidth, and official torrent or not, there's nothing to stop a beta participant to set up their own torrent.

(Not that it would be a good thing - rather the opposite, but I just mean that once the .exe is out, GGG will pretty much lose control over who does what with it.)

Then again if they really only add 100 participants/day, and they have a bunch of dedicated servers running, I suppose they can handle DDL.
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info