[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

Two videos of solo attempts at the Hall of Grandmasters have been posted. It appears there are two Grandmasters who can effectively kill me, QueenKii and Hrimfjolldr.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

Two videos of solo attempts at the Hall of Grandmasters have been posted. It appears there are two Grandmasters who can effectively kill me, QueenKii and Hrimfjolldr.

~Dy'Ness

high crit and shotgun coc builds will decimate your build mate.
Just played against this, by far the tankiest build I have fought against, nice work! ;D
Hello! Love the build, have been working on something similar recently. Just a quick question about the regen numbers compared to your total ES. 17054 ES with 3132 regen would mean you're regenerating about 18.3% of your max ES shield per second. Counting the nodes in your tree, i see 8.3% total. Then with Vitality at around 1.9%, and the shav ring, you'd be around 14.2%. My question is, where is the other 4 ish percent of your regen coming from? My math could be way off, or i may have missed something haha. Just curious!
"
Khelevandros wrote:
Hello! Love the build, have been working on something similar recently. Just a quick question about the regen numbers compared to your total ES. 17054 ES with 3132 regen would mean you're regenerating about 18.3% of your max ES shield per second. Counting the nodes in your tree, i see 8.3% total. Then with Vitality at around 1.9%, and the shav ring, you'd be around 14.2%. My question is, where is the other 4 ish percent of your regen coming from? My math could be way off, or i may have missed something haha. Just curious!

According to the offline skill calc there is 11.1% regen from the passive skill tree and the around 1.9% from vitality is also buffed from increased aura effect and increased effect of buffs on you from the skill tree you take that and combine it with the 4% and you get a little over 17% not sure about that last roughly 1% but i'd bet its from some combination of things i didnt even consider.
"
Anorend wrote:
"
Khelevandros wrote:

According to the offline skill calc there is 11.1% regen from the passive skill tree and the around 1.9% from vitality is also buffed from increased aura effect and increased effect of buffs on you from the skill tree you take that and combine it with the 4% and you get a little over 17% not sure about that last roughly 1% but i'd bet its from some combination of things i didnt even consider.

Greetings!

If you add everything on the tree up, it comes out to 11.1% then add 4% for Shavs ring to make a total of 15.1% The real % is 15.099% so its close. It comes out to just over 11.1% without the ring on. So the ring is giving just shy of 4%.

Vitality is an effective Lvl 26 (Gem 21, +1 Helm, +4 Empower [Gem+1Helm]) and the tooltip says 1.95%. That 1.95% is boosted through the aura nodes to an effective 3.268%

Math says actual regen is: 18.367001401...% etc.

54% Increased Aura effects + 26% increased effect on self works out to (54*.26+54) 68.04% increased effects. The actual additional gained from Vitality is a little lower 67.59%

The only explanation I would have as to why my Regen is slightly lower than the numbers all suggest would be some of the nodes have diminishing returns.

I hope this answers your question.

~Dy'Ness
i did not know that a level 4 empower gem in a +1 gem helmet could give +4 levels to other gems that is a bit absurd :P
Thanks for the clarification! I has the dumb and cannot math haha.
Another detail - if you find yourself with 20 STR to spare, you might want to swap the life node + Devotion for intellect node + 6% aura effect node (those next to Harrier), since AuraEffect and BuffEffect are additive, not multiplicative.... but now we are talking truly minor optimizations, and the 20 STR from Devotion might be required for gear. (You tell me).
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Greetings!

I am working something new on my setup...

In order to catch runners in the PvP area... and I love it. I finally have a flicker setup with most of the tank I used to have... I just never expected to face my own tank build...

DRAW!!!!

Grats to you Khalaz for turning my own tank against me...

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Apr 13, 2015, 3:43:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info