Mechanics thread

lumberjack you are misreading "takes over" as how flasks work. flasks PAUSE weakest strength and resume when the strongest is done. burning or other same type damage over time only has the strongest active over the time period it is set at. both zakaluka and i explained what the dev said. i even gave numbers to show and now there is a video based example for other people who read this :D

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Burn: All burns remain on an entity for their full duration, but at any given time, only the highest-damage burn is in effect, the others are dormant.

When the highest-damage burn runs out, the next highest takes over until it's duration runs out.

@zakaluka & soul4hdwn (I think you're addressing me. . .got the name wrong)
Listen, I'm just going from what Mark said not even 24 hours ago. The two statements above are not subject to "interpretation". . .it is clear what they indicate. The video seems to support what you're saying, zakaluka. Great, take it up with Mark_GGG.

(If either of you still think what Mark_GGG said is subject to interpretation, I would like to hear your explanation regarding another interpretation.)
And I just demonstrated with a video that you're interpreting him incorrectly. The link is above, and I've already explained my thought process/methodology pretty clearly.

Burns definitely continue ticking off while they're "dormant," as mark calls it.

Please do stop and think about this, we don't want ego contests in the mechanics thread but facts.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 13, 2012, 1:54:44 PM
Yeah, you're just not reading it right Ladderjack. I also interpreted Mark's response as Zaka and soul did.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
And I just demonstrated with a video that you're interpreting him incorrectly. The link is above, and I've already explained my thought process/methodology pretty clearly.

Burns definitely continue ticking off while they're "dormant," as mark calls it.

Please do stop and think about this, we don't want ego contests in the mechanics thread but facts.

Then what did Mark mean by "dormant"??

(And honestly, your implication that this is about egos is offensive.)
two burns, both lasting 4 seconds and one started 1 second after the other. total burn time is 5 seconds. damage of stronger one works at any given moment. such as if the stronger burn was the later one, the weaker would only be the 1 second at beginning.

is that understandable this time?
After we've both repeated ourselves three times, it certainly begins to sound like ego. If that's offensive/insulting, well, I'm a rather blunt person. Take a step back and examine both sides of the disagreement carefully. It's how we both avoid looking like asses.

Hence, a test, to find out what actually happens. I could have turned up wrong just as easily as right. The demonstration nullifies the semantics argument.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Nov 13, 2012, 2:48:02 PM
He meant by dormant that it's active and counting down, but not actually doing any damage, until the stronger burn has finished.
mechanics question:

how does max hp regen interact with flasks

(passive tree talent trolls blood =1.5% per sec)
(certain items have the restores x hp every 60 seconds)

and flasks add A hp over B seconds...

do they all stack? or are certain effects suppressed for the duration of say a flask?
"
Ladderjack wrote:
@zakaluka & soul4hdwn (I think you're addressing me. . .got the name wrong)
Listen, I'm just going from what Mark said not even 24 hours ago. The two statements above are not subject to "interpretation". . .it is clear what they indicate. The video seems to support what you're saying, zakaluka. Great, take it up with Mark_GGG.

(If either of you still think what Mark_GGG said is subject to interpretation, I would like to hear your explanation regarding another interpretation.)

If this was about a pissing contest, I wouldn't have said this.

"
0nin wrote:
He meant by dormant that it's active and counting down, but not actually doing any damage, until the stronger burn has finished.

I think the issue ultimately is the use of the word "dormant". I was assuming that this word was being used in the conventional sense that something dormant is not doing anything. I mean, when someone else is trying to explain the meaning of dormant by using its antonym, something has gone wrong. I will maintain, the meaning is clear. . .it was just poorly worded.

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
two burns, both lasting 4 seconds and one started 1 second after the other. total burn time is 5 seconds. damage of stronger one works at any given moment. such as if the stronger burn was the later one, the weaker would only be the 1 second at beginning.

is that understandable this time?

First of all, I never had a problem with comprehension. More importantly, if I spoke to someone like this, I would expect them to be offended. If that was your intent, it was condescending, rude and unnecessary. I just got accused of getting shitty with other members of this forum. . .I wonder what would happen if that same scrutiny were to be applied to your posts here today.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info