Mechanics thread

"
Malice wrote:
"
Xapti wrote:
That is the formula for total party experience depending on number of players?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but:

"Monsters give +75% base XP for every party member after the first."

Oh right, I didn't notice that. People claimed it changed, but it's still the same.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
can you guys explain why nexus focus has 6% higher chance to block than prince focus which is higher level item, is it some kind of a mistake or am I missing something.

Unavailable

vs
Unavailable

IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 26, 2011, 10:53:34 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
if i have the damage scaling and accuracy mod:

Squire's
Local Physical Damage +% 10 to 24
Local Accuracy Rating 3 to 7

om a lvl 60 stormbow and use divine orb on that could it become:

Conqueror's
Local Physical Damage +% 65 to 74
Local Accuracy Rating 83 to 99

or it just rerolls between 10-24 / 3-7 ??
"
Malice wrote:

Parties

Effect on monsters
Monsters gain extra life for each additional player in the party. The exact amount is not known.

Presumably 50% life increase per additional player, although I've only tested it from solo -> duo

Used a level 1 poison arrow gem in normal on stationary gravel eaters, allowing for the full duration of the cloud to indirectly damage them in both instances. The bottom bar is solo, the upper bar is duo. Observing the pixel width of the red vs the entire bar yields:
  • 42/264 pixels solo
  • 116/264 pixels duo

This can be used to establish a system of equations:

life - attack = (42/264)life
lifex - attack = (116/264)lifex

life - lifex = (42/264)life - (116/264)lifex
life(1 - x) = (42/264)life - (116/264)lifex
1 - x = (42/264) - (116/264)x
(116/264)x - x = (42/264) - 1
(-148/264)x = -222/264
x = (-222/264) / (-148/264)
x = 1.5 -> health increase in duo is 50%

Couldn't find a third person to run an additional test with, but I think it's safe to assume it scales just like the other attributes (per additional player)
Last edited by Lurker on Nov 26, 2011, 11:43:54 PM
how to get 60 iLvl item, every item i find in 58 chaos even the 60 lvl ones from uniq bosses checked with /itemlevel command always show 58 lvl, im asking because if 58 is the max for now that means its impossible to get some prefixes/suffixes.
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 27, 2011, 7:20:47 PM
If you die, do you lose gem exp?
Are gems of a much lower level than their possible maximum receiving bonus exp?
Is there a maximum range to get exp in a zone (can someone camp the entrance and get experience if a monster die very far away)?
If I have a skill with extra quantity or quality linked with a skill and I use said skill to open a "chest" (corpse, barrel, crate, etc), is the drop rate affected by the support gem?
If uniques have a 2.5% chance to drop if the item rolled was a rare, how will it work with vials since those can't be rare?
What is the highest amount of links that a 6 sockets armor can have (and incidently, how many links can a middle socket in a 6 socket armor have)?
Does whetstone affect wands basic spell damage bonus?

thanks for the answers!
i can only answer 1 thing:
a 6 socket armor can have each socket linked to another one.

i'm not sure about this:
the middle-left one can have 3 sockets linked and the middle-right one 2 sockets
"
maryn wrote:
can you guys explain why nexus focus has 6% higher chance to block than prince focus which is higher level item, is it some kind of a mistake or am I missing something.

Unavailable
vs
Unavailable

The stats of items vary a bit. The prince focus has higher energy shield than normal, even higher than the level 60 Eternal Focus
Scroll to the very bottom

"
el_puno wrote:

Squire's

Conqueror's

I have no idea. My instinct tells me the former, but that's just a guess.

"
Lurker wrote:
Presumably 50% life increase per additional player, although I've only tested it from solo -> duo

Thanks a lot for that :).

"
faerwin wrote:
If you die, do you lose gem exp?
No

Are gems of a much lower level than their possible maximum receiving bonus exp?
No, it's always 10% of whatever XP your character gets.

Is there a maximum range to get exp in a zone (can someone camp the entrance and get experience if a monster die very far away)?
I don't think there is a maximum range right now, although I suspect the devs plan to implement one at some point

If I have a skill with extra quantity or quality linked with a skill and I use said skill to open a "chest" (corpse, barrel, crate, etc), is the drop rate affected by the support gem?
Good question! I guess it depends on if a corpse/chest counts as a kill or not.

If uniques have a 2.5% chance to drop if the item rolled was a rare, how will it work with vials since those can't be rare?
I'm fairly certain an item does not have to be rolled as rare before it gets checked for being unique. There is a single roll that determines rarity.

What is the highest amount of links that a 6 sockets armor can have (and incidently, how many links can a middle socket in a 6 socket armor have)?
5 links (enough to link them all together).

Does whetstone affect wands basic spell damage bonus?
No, only physical damage done with the wand.

thanks for the answers!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
maryn wrote:
how to get 60 iLvl item, every item i find in 58 chaos even the 60 lvl ones from uniq bosses checked with /itemlevel command always show 58 lvl, im asking because if 58 is the max for now that means its impossible to get some prefixes/suffixes.

Yes I think you are right. itemlevel is set to the level of the monster that dropped it, so unless you can find come level 60 monsters, 58 is as good as it gets.
"
el_puno wrote:

Squire's

Conqueror's

chris answered me this question today in global chat. divine orb can just rerolls the mod the item allready has.

squire's indeed gets just 10-24 / 3-7 rerolled. i can't become conqueror's.
would be to strong the other way..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info