Mechanics thread

"
Malice wrote:
"
maryn wrote:
can you guys explain why nexus focus has 6% higher chance to block than prince focus which is higher level item, is it some kind of a mistake or am I missing something.

Unavailable
vs
Unavailable

The stats of items vary a bit. The prince focus has higher energy shield than normal, even higher than the level 60 Eternal Focus
Scroll to the very bottom

in some cases it doesnt make much sense, eternal focus has the same chance to block as prince focus but has lower energy shield, requires higher level and more INT
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 29, 2011, 6:09:09 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
What are intended restrictions on using several raise zombie gems.

right now if you have more then 2 gems the limit is the max of 2 gems?

example:. 2x lvl 6 raise zombie gems with +2 minions from passives = 8 total minions

now if i add a 3rd summon zombie lower lvl the limit jumps
to assume the lower lvl in place of a higher lvl and i end up with less minions total = 7
Hopefully a dev can answer this, because I'm not sure if anyone else would know:

If you deal 2 simultaneous pieces of damage, such as 2 fireballs to the same target, or a dual strike, or a 2-weapon cleave,

If it ignites/stuns the target, is the ignite_damage/stun based off just just 1 hit, or both combined?

What if it's distinctly 1 attack/spell (default attack, frost nova, etc.), but has various damage components, such as 100 added lightning damage or something — is all the damage combined for the sake of calculating stun?

If the damage is combined for sake of calculation of either stun or burning with regards to dual strike, what about double strike? it's attacks aren't even simultaneous, but are still executed with 1 action. I'm 99% sure that in this case they'd be calculated separately, at least for the stuns, right?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
If you deal 2 simultaneous pieces of damage, such as 2 fireballs to the same target
It is impossible for damage packages from two individual actions to combine. This means that two different actions can never cause this to happen, but also means multiple projectiles from the same action can't either, as a new action is copied for each one. So the two fireballs can't do this.
"
Xapti wrote:
or a dual strike, or a 2-weapon cleave,

If it ignites/stuns the target, is the ignite_damage/stun based off just just 1 hit, or both combined?
Dual strike (and dual wield cleave) calculates the damage from the main and off hands separately and then combines them, so they are dealt as one hit for the purpose of chill duration, etc. Stun, unlike ignite damage, is calculated at the point damage is calculated, rather than when it's dealt (in fact stun is technically 'part' of the damage, in the game) so main and off hand will have stun calculated separately, then the durations (if any) added together.
It is possible that will change at a later date, should we decide it's better for dual strike to be able to

"
Xapti wrote:
What if it's distinctly 1 attack/spell (default attack, frost nova, etc.), but has various damage components, such as 100 added lightning damage or something — is all the damage combined for the sake of calculating stun?
It's not so much that it's "combined" as that it was never separate. It doesn't matter where the damage stats came from (mods, skill, passives) it's a part of the action's stats at the point damage is calculated, and is affecting the total damage stats.
If you look at the character screen you'll see stats giving the range of physical, fire, cold, etc damage, including all sources. Those stats are what's used when calculating the damage to deal - the calculation doesn't even know about the various stats which make those up. So yes, this is all one damage package and is considered one thing for calculating stun etc.

"
Xapti wrote:
If the damage is combined for sake of calculation of either stun or burning with regards to dual strike, what about double strike? it's attacks aren't even simultaneous, but are still executed with 1 action. I'm 99% sure that in this case they'd be calculated separately, at least for the stuns, right?
Yes, double strike calculates two separate damage packages, sends them out separately, and they are applied separately. They do not combine in any way.
This is distict from dual strike, which calculates two damage packages (which include stun), combines them into one damage package, and then apply that one - meaning all the damage is seen as one thing for burning damage, chill duration, etc.
Does Avatar of Fire convert the physical damage of Detonate Dead into fire damage?
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
I would assume yes.
Does -100% stun threshold means every hit will stun? Or do some monsters have a built in stun threshold +%?
"
konfeta wrote:
Does -100% stun threshold means every hit will stun? Or do some monsters have a built in stun threshold +%?
No. The calculation doesn't work like that. I have a note somewhere to change the description to make that less confusion.
It's essentially as if you dealt that much more % damage to the target with regards to stun calculation.
300 dmg would still deal 300 damage, but with 100% reduced stun threshold, it will act as if it was 600 dmg with regards to seeing if it would stun the target or not.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Dec 7, 2011, 3:18:05 PM
Stun Threshold reduction got reworked yesterday - as off 0.9.5 it will actually be effectively reducing the stun threshold by that amount. So 50% reduced stun threshold will mean it's twice as easy to stun an enemy, 100% will mean you always stun.
The values available will be substantially reduced along with this change to keep things balanced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info