Mechanics thread

The Reduced Mana support functions like a More-type multiplier, while the passives (etc.) are Increased-type. Rule of thumb regarding multipliers:
(base + flat) * (increased + reduced) * more * less = final

Plug in the numbers:
40 * (1 + -(10/100)) * (71/100) = 25.56%

I use [ + -() ] because I'm strange, same as just [ - () ].

----------------
"
pennyyy wrote:
I want to make a ranged dual elemental hit totem, but have some questions about mechanics.

Totems simply use your stats for their skills, plus whatever the Totem Support gem provides. It essentially works exactly the same as using the skill yourself.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 25, 2013, 7:57:12 PM
Thank you Vipermagi.

Another set of questions.

Does Melee Splash and Multistrike proc Life On Hit Support Gem?
I know Frenzy and Multistrike doesn't give 3 charges but only one, idk if it's the same about multistrike and life on hit.

Also can Frenzy with bow take "Chain" as support gem?

"
Pakamon wrote:
Does Melee Splash and Multistrike proc Life On Hit Support Gem?

Yes, each hit is a separate hit so gets Life Gain on hit. Same for multistrike. Frenzy is special because it's not actually per hit, but per attack (if the attack hits at least one monster).

"
Also can Frenzy with bow take "Chain" as support gem?

Yes.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Hi I have a question on how the new unique chest infernal mantle works in converting fire to chaos

Let's take kripps discharge build as an example, his discharge is supported by cold to fire

Does the chaos conversion happens after right at the end ie with spell/fire damage scaling from gear and passive as well as after converting the cold damage from frenzy?

Or does the conversion happen pre scaling/cold to fire?

I am asking because if I have significant fire damage multiplier. If the chaos conversion happens early. I might end up losing dips because the converted chaos damage would get scaled.

On a side note, I am assuming the burn damage following the ignite from discharge is based on post converted fire damage. So I will dealt less burn damage as well?

Thanks
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Conversion happens way at the start of damage calculation. Not a single damage bonus has been applied when Conversion happens. Cold to Fire would trigger first, then Infernal Mantle.

Converted damage benefits from the source's damage bonuses. The Cold damage that is converted to Fire and then to Chaos damage would be Chaos damage that benefits from:
-Spell Damage
-Cold Damage
-Fire Damage
-Elemental Damage
-Chaos Damage
-All Damage

Bottom line is, you don't lose direct damage, because you don't lose any modifiers. You probably don't gain any damage, unless you have Increased Chaos Damage. :)

Ignite damage does decrease, yes, fairly significantly.
Thanks a lot vipermagi.

This would make the chest slightly less useful. But I think I am still gonna wear it because of the +1 to fire gem

The burn damage would directly reduce by 25%. But will be partially offset by the increase fire damage from chest and +1 fire gem

Ideally I'd get a 6 L searing touch, but that's too expensive. Getting my inferno mental 5 L along with high spell dmg wand and shield will have to do

Whilst i am on the topic of inferno mantal i am assuming low mana is 35%. The same as how low life works right?
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Last edited by turtleken on Jun 27, 2013, 1:34:47 PM
if i have dagger and use elemental hit.
did critical strike chance from nodes (not critical strike chance for spells) will be added to elemental strike elemental hits?
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O
"
nevidonas wrote:
did critical strike chance from nodes (not critical strike chance for spells) will be added to elemental strike elemental hits?

yes :)

if it doesnt specify it applies to all damage (except DOT like bleed, puncture, poison arrow cloud, viper strike dot part)
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

Last edited by JahIthBerTirUmMalLumKoKoMal on Jun 30, 2013, 11:41:40 AM
"
"
nevidonas wrote:

yes :)

if it doesnt specify it applies to all damage (except DOT like bleed, puncture, poison arrow cloud, viper strike dot part)

"critical strike chance with daggers" it will apply only to physical dmg? not to elemental dmg?
"Brutus transformed himself out of fear. Fidelitas did so out of love."

sdfsdfsdf name already exist O_O
"
nevidonas wrote:
"critical strike chance with daggers" it will apply only to physical dmg? not to elemental dmg?
critical strikes and critical strikes with daggers, both work on elemental and chaos and physical damage crits from dagger attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info