Mechanics thread

Hi.
I'm currently seeking to calculate an estimation of my overall chance to avoid damage from attacks by combining all the defensive means. I've checked the first page of this thread and some others but didn't find the answer. According to this wiki base formula is
"
Chance to Avoid Attack = 1 - ( (1 - Chance to Evade) * (1 - Chance to Dodge) )

I want to add shield block chance to this so does the formula simply become this
"
Chance to Avoid Attack = 1 - [ (1 - Chance to Evade) * (1 - Chance to Dodge) * (1 - Chance to Block) ]

or not ?
Last edited by Yesu on Jun 8, 2013, 3:43:10 PM
Yes, evade dodge and block are three differents rolls.
"
enemymigs wrote:
i want to dodge my reflected Explosive Arrow. bump.

I've been playing a bit with dodge and I haven't noticed any less reflect damage. I don't think it works.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
I didnt see this info posted in the first page... and am too lazy to read the entire thread...

Does the direction the charecter faces influence if a block occurs or not? (do attacks from behind bypass chance to block?))
The direction your character faces is purely visual.
This was likely mentioned before but there appears to be missing info regarding accuracy rating: every level gained after 1 grants +2 accuracy rating.
IGN: RagingShien
Last edited by Shien on Jun 13, 2013, 12:42:31 AM
Could someone please explain how base physical damage scales?

(http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244996)
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Jun 13, 2013, 5:31:41 AM
"
DeltruS wrote:
"
enemymigs wrote:
i want to dodge my reflected Explosive Arrow. bump.

I've been playing a bit with dodge and I haven't noticed any less reflect damage. I don't think it works.

If you attack with spells you won't be able to dodge the reflected damage.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I've tried searching for this one, I'm pretty sure I'm just missing it...

The exp bonus in parties requires party members to be within a certain proximity of each other, but the life buff the monsters get and the quantity bonus to their drops, is that in any way based off proximity of party members?

Specifically, if my buddy and I do docks runs together in a party, but split up at the waypoint will monsters throughout the whole zone have 50% more health?

Will monsters throughout the whole zone drop 50% more items?
OK so I have a couple questions about Evasion and Block. I know most of these concepts have been beaten to death but I can't find any information regarding specific mechanics (within the mechanics so to speak).

1) Evasion vs. Crit check - I can't find a formula for how this is calculated. I understand that if a I get hit, and that hit would normally roll as a crit, a secondary roll is preformed to check if that hit will crit me or not. This is done as a random 1-100 roll and checked against my evasion rating and has no effect on my entropy value. But I can't find if the monsters accuracy (or any other stat) is calculated into that. I would assume not but I'm just looking for clarification.

2) I pose the same question about block. Are there any other factors (monster accuracy, ect ...) that affect block besides a random roll 1-100 and checked against your block chance?

I'm sry if these have been answered.
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info