Mechanics thread

"
Synchrotron wrote:
1) Is dual wield block working as intended?
Yes
"
Synchrotron wrote:
2) Is there a blocking animation?
Yes, but it does not always play.
If a hit would stun you, and that hit is blocked, then you take no damage but play the block animation for the duration you would be stunned for.
If the hit would not stun you no block animation is played - this ensures blocking is never a bad thing for the character.
"
Synchrotron wrote:
3) Do block work against enemy archers?
Yes
I would like to know what the block animation looks like...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Default energy shield recharge delay is 6 seconds. Right.

So I picked up 5x15%=75% reduced energy shield recharge delay passives and 10% belt and 9% amulet. Totals to 94%.

By common sense, my energy shield reduction delay would be 6*(1-0,94)=0,36 seconds, but in reality River Mercenary has to miss me 3 times (few seconds) for the recharge to begin.

Is this a bug or is there unlisted hardcap (my stats show 94%) or is the formula for this somehow different?
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Last edited by Targuil on Jan 5, 2012, 7:31:13 PM
"
zriL wrote:
The dual wield blocking one varies a little between weapon types but generally has the character lift up the weapons and hold them crossed over defensively in front of their face/upper torso to block the hit.
The shield one involves raising the shield up, and the staff one I think just holds the stuff up.
"
Targuil wrote:

So I picked up 5x15%=75% reduced energy shield recharge delay passives and 10% belt and 9% amulet. Totals to 94%.

By common sense, my energy shield reduction delay would be 6*(1-0,94)=0,36 seconds, but in reality River Mercenary has to miss me 3 times (few seconds) for the recharge to begin.

Is this a bug or is there unlisted hardcap (my stats show 94%) or is the formula for this somehow different?
Had a look, the formula currently in use is 100 / ( 100 + reduction ), so 100% reduction is halving the delay, not removing it entirely. I'll discuss this with Carl/Chris at some point to see if we want to keep it that way, and if we do I'll change the tooltip.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:

Had a look, the formula currently in use is 100 / ( 100 + reduction ), so 100% reduction is halving the delay, not removing it entirely. I'll discuss this with Carl/Chris at some point to see if we want to keep it that way, and if we do I'll change the tooltip.

That was what I suspected. Thanks for confirmation.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
]The dual wield blocking one varies a little between weapon types...
the staff one I think just holds the stuff up.
as far as I know to me it looks just like the character got hit just takes no damage, but maybe I wasn't looking carefully enough
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:

Yeah I sent a PM to Chris a while ago about this but never got a reply. I would have sent it to you but you were away. I was thinking of having it as it's own topic, but seems kinda pointless.

As it is right now it's just too weak— especially the values on gear (max 11%). The old values should return and mechanic should work as described (-50% = half delay)
OR
The values should be buffed a bit on the passives, and more on gear (and of course a name change of the mechanic).

It should be called divide delay by x% (or inverse of 100+x% multiplier), which is only inaccurate in the sense that each one doesn't divide separately, but they add together first then divide.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jan 5, 2012, 9:38:20 PM
How much does chilled slow by? maybe there are estimates compared to temporal chains?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
The dual wield blocking one varies a little between weapon types but generally has the character lift up the weapons and hold them crossed over defensively in front of their face/upper torso to block the hit.
The shield one involves raising the shield up, and the staff one I think just holds the stuff up.

oh, so they really exist :)
I think this is a big issue, people shouldn't have to wonder if these animations exist. First, that means they don't know what's happening in the game. Secondly, it's like the animator's work is wasted, sadly. I think these particular events (also crit, miss and such), need some more flashy effects and audible distinguishable sounds.

I must have said this for more than five times now, I know you've got a lot of work. But this is really important for the gaming experience and enjoyment.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
Xapti wrote:
It should be called divide delay by x% (or inverse of 100+x% multiplier), which is only inaccurate in the sense that each one doesn't divide separately, but they add together first then divide.
Since it's (effectively)increasing the speed at which the delay passes, it will be known in 0.9.6 as "increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery", at least until a better name presents itself. That makes it more clear that increasing it by 100% doubles the speed (i.e. halves the time) of the delay, rather than removing it entirely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info