Mechanics thread

i dont know if this was asked befor. but couldnt find it..

in the passiv tree (between ranger and 6th class) is a dagger passiv ->
'poison enemy on critical hit'

i wonder what this posion dmg is actually and how it works.
what's poison dmg or is this chaos damage? how much dmg? how long it works?
the passiv says nothing about it at all..
For the poison on crit:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/14691/highlight/

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Xapti wrote:
2. What is the damage that the passive deals, and over how long?
Chaos damage equal to 10% of total damage from the hit over 2 seconds.

1. Does the 2.5% penalty to currency items drop for each level besides the 2 level difference below the player character affects the currency items additivelly or multiplicativelly?

2. If the chance for a Divine Orb is 0.1%, then being 3 levels above the monsters means Divine Orbs will never drop?

3. Or it means that the chance for a Divine Orb to drop got lowered to -0,0975% ?
Also, where can I see the drop rates chances for each currency? (assuming my character level is over the character level or monster level, I dont know, required to drop said orb).

4. What is the % drop chance for each individual currency below?

5. Does the game rolls for "equipment or currency" when it decides what drops?

6. What is the chance of the item dropped being either an equipment or a currency? 90% equipment, 10% currency?

7. Then if its currency, does it decide wich one, based on % chance for each up out of 100%?
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
"
Interesting wrote:
1. Does the 2.5% penalty to currency items drop for each level besides the 2 level difference below the player character affects the currency items additivelly or multiplicativelly?
Additively

"
Interesting wrote:
2. If the chance for a Divine Orb is 0.1%, then being 3 levels above the monsters means Divine Orbs will never drop?
All the currency items are grouped into a pool. Let's imagine the default chance of a currency drop is 20% (number is made up). Then being three levels above the monsters would mean that chance is reduced by 2.5%.
20 * 0.975 = 19.5% chance of a currency item.

"
Interesting wrote:
3. Or it means that the chance for a Divine Orb to drop got lowered to -0,0975% ?
Also, where can I see the drop rates chances for each currency?
You can't. The information has not been released.

"
Interesting wrote:
5. Does the game rolls for "equipment or currency" when it decides what drops?
Something like that, although there are more categories than that, for example flasks.

"
Interesting wrote:
6. What is the chance of the item dropped being either an equipment or a currency? 90% equipment, 10% currency?
No idea.

"
Interesting wrote:
7. Then if its currency, does it decide wich one, based on % chance for each up out of 100%?
Basically yes. Although I think it is a bit more complicated than that.
does the +%fire damage passive skill affect the minion explosion of the keystone passive minion instability?
"
AsuraofWar wrote:
does the +%fire damage passive skill affect the minion explosion of the keystone passive minion instability?

no

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/14052/page/1#p240746
i keep asking that question for some time already. as going for last answer before 0.9.5 it was "not working". let me try again:
does support gems like quantity and rarity works with poison arrow DOT/explosive arrow explosion?

if not are there any plans to make it working ?

the same goes for added cold/lightning/fire/chaos damage supports. i suppose they dont work with dot in any way now and probably they will not work ever. so are there any plans now to introduce any supports just for the dot ?

(i could miss some support gem, if there are any forgive me, i know there is increased duration/area but still im thinking only about DOT DAMAGE).

last question: are there any plans for passives like: increased skill effects +x% (affecting the dots) ? we have skill duration 15%.
i got my beta key from Icoblablubb - vielen danke !!!

the first (and only?) 6 linked blue sox on magic armor in beta :P
"
Malice wrote:
Energy Shield will recharge if you do not take any damage for a certain period of time. The default delay is 8 seconds
It's 6 seconds — at least now.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Hmm, thanks xapti
I'm making a dual wield duelist and I'm getting the dual wield block passives but when I let an enemy attack me I never see any block animation.

Many attacks do not damage me, so I could assume its because of the block, but I also have evasion in my armor so I don't know how effective is my block.

I have a few questions:

1) Is dual wield block working as intended?

2) Is there a blocking animation?

3) Do block work against enemy archers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info