[1.3.0] [Atziri READY with Video!] Staff Ele Crit Vaal-Ground-Slammer [5L 78k DPS]

Just killed Atziri with this build.
Meh, twitch deleted all my twitch video... but why?
Did it, even its not a perfect kill. Working on being better next time.

Hey PoE Community,
my aim in the new league was to get Hegemony's Era staff as soon as possible, because its cheap after restart and i want to play a build with that staff long time ago.
So i farmed my ass and got one after only one week. Nevertheless you can play this build with every phys crit staff.

I know there a many ground slam builds out there and maybe they will all look a bit similar, but hey, we need another one :P

Twitch Stream ONLINE: http://www.twitch.tv/hyuron

Build at level 90

Full tree (117 points)

Gear

There is onlny one really mandatory item that you will need while playing this build. and that is, surprise:

flat phys, a damn high crit multi and all attr. the phys dmg taken problem will be solved with immortal call. but we will discuss that later.

Rest of gear is normal stuff: phys/crit staff, crit chance/multi on amu and rings, wed on rings/amu/belt. hp/resis as much as possible.

Gem Links

4L: Ground Slam - Melee Phys - Multistrike - Phys to Lightning
5L: + Weapon Elemental Damage
6L: + Faster Attacks, Added Fire or Inc AoE (depends on you)

4S (2x 2L): Immortal Call - Inc Duration and Leap Slam - Faster Attacks
(make it 4L to change Faster Attacks to Enhance. This will increase the duration of your immortal call)

4L: Vaal Ground Slam - Melee Phys - Conc Effect - Added Fire

4L: Reduced Mana - Hatred - Herald of Ash - Ele Prolif/Purity of Lightning

6S (4L + 2L): Reduced Mana - Herald of THunder - Curse on hit - Assassins Mark and Enduring Cry - Spell Echo

Game Mechanics

So we have some mechanics we have to talk about.

Ground slam is our main attack for dealing aoe damage. i think i do not have to explain more here, but keep in mind that we have a large amount of elemental damage later (hello reflect). the phys to lightnign gem will booost our dmg a lot, will also trigger herald of thunder (see below) and will shock enemies (+50% inc dmg and +25% from tree (celestrian punishment)).

Vaal Ground Slam is our second attack. i call it "boss killer" because the damage thats coming from this skill is absolutly insane (check the shots for dmg range). Even in a 4L it can one hit most of the bosses until 70-71 maps if it crits. and just for the info: we have 4 charges... oO also use it for phys reflect mobs (dont forget to immortal call before going suicide)

as mentioned above we have that annoying 40% inc phys damage taken thing on our helmet. this is the point where enduring cry and immortal call will take part of the rotation. DO NOT LINK IMMORTAL CALL WITH spell echo, because the second call will overwrite the first one and will end in a 1sec IC instead of a 12-18sec one.
so enduring cry => IC => and EC again to be prepared for the next IC.
this mechanic is also mandatory when fighting against phys reflect mobs/maps

herald of thunder makes this build a lot more fun. because we are using ground slam and not sweep (which the staff was made for) we do not have enougth knock back to keep all those beautiful power charges up. so what this herald will do is to spread the curse to all enemies it will hit (the bolts that will come from sky when killing a shocked mob).

Now the last problem is the elemental reflect shit. i couldnt even remember how often i ripped due to ele reflect basterds. but the solution is quite simple: use flasks :D we dont need any mana or granite flask, so put in topaz and sapphire with surgeon mod and hit them before engaging a ele reflect mob.
I DO NOT RECOMMENED TO USE VAAL GROUND SLAM ON ELE REFLECT. The dmg of VGS is to high to get rid of it with flasks.

You may ask now: hey, why is he not using inc area of effect and conc effect on his GS? yeah, thats indeed a good question. i experimented a lot with those skills and at the end i ended up with my current setup.
conc effect will push the dmg quite good, but we only have a really small area where we can deal damage.
with inc aoe we can enlarge this area, but we will drop dps, that we need for the heralds burning effect. so leaving both gems is a good solution in my opinion. but if you want, you can change that for your maraudeur.
ive also added a pic where you can see ground slams area:

Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Oak
Merci: Oak for defense, Alira for offense)

Screenshots

What to do next

My next goal is to get my char atziri ready. double vaal and the trio shouldnt be the problem, but atziri herself.

second point on this list is to get my 5l lightning coil ready. it will prevent me from being shotted low by phys dealing mobs, like "§%$"?= Roas (i hate them, i really HATE them).

getting a 6L will be the last (and most expensive step) but will boost the dps of Ground Slam a LOT! i did a dps calculator for this skill and it says that i will get over 100k with the last missing socket and 6 power charges.

next point: a nice video with broken german/english comments :P

last point: correct typos and bring color to this thread :D

If you still have questions type here or send me pm ingame.
Last edited by Hyron on Apr 29, 2015, 5:24:36 AM
Added twitch channel to see maraudeur in action.
live now until i have to get some meat in my freezer :P

Edit: have to fix quality issues. dont know why it is that ugly :(
Edit2: only 720p and 40fps for the moment. something went terrible wrong here.

http://www.twitch.tv/hyuron
Last edited by Hyron on Jan 10, 2015, 12:19:35 PM
Stream up again.
Feel free to ask questions. Will answer german and english.
Streaming again.
Stream is up. Hope to get some new maps today :(
Stream on, farming maps, maybe some 74+
Heya, that build looks interesting.
I would do some changes to it but still, the basics are fine.

I might give it a try later on my lvl 90 Marauder, since i got a Hege- 5 link lying around and this char was nerfed to death with the block nerf :/

(Grüße :p )
Outdated:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955346 // IceShot Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1755526 // OccCIReave
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164453 // MF_Party_Culler

what would you change?
Streaming CoC Ranger. lvl 70 and fast raising!
hey man very nice guide, especially the part where you become more safe vs phys reflect sounds interessting to me. i was playing CoC wand witch recently and the weakness against reflect mobs (and maps) really sux!!!
You think with your setup its possible to beat physical reflect maps?
any other map mod which you think is not doable?
im looking forward to find a GS build which can beat any map mod :o

and how are you doing @ 77/78 maps? you do them at all or you stopped?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info