Maligaro's Restraint: What's the Verdict?

It probably will, as long as you are the one getting shocked. your totems getting shocked will have no effect I think, as you are the one who's wearing the belt.

I'd rather use it as a 6L with an L20 spell totem instead of using it as a 7L. because of a higher totem life.

EDIT: I also don't think they'll last for a few seconds, seeing as totems don't share your resistances from items.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Feb 2, 2015, 10:44:37 PM
The RF totem build technically worked but I didn't enjoy playing it. It was just an immortal call fest. Just slog through the waves of drop kicking frogs and immortal call over and over and over and rather slowly kill stuff as of level 58. I know that the build would probably get 5x more dps at level 75, but it's currently slow enough that I'd rather try something else. I mean it did fine I was doing level 67 maps at level 57 but eh, if I'm going to use totems I'd rather use them in a way that I wasn't still having to tank. ^^

Which brings me to:
One LAST go with maligaro's restraint. ONE LAST SHOT.

Six...er seven link FROST WALL TRIPLE TOTEMS!!! *cue dubstep*

I can't think of a safer way to use Maligaro's Restraint ^^

"
BearCares wrote:
drop kicking frogs

Those aggravating Anuran's spoil everything
I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much from using frost wall, but...it's working! Full success! It has so much more dps than I thought lol. But instead of triple totem I just stick with two because I need to be able to shock myself with the belt on.

I'm only level 49. But I have to say, that it seems to be fully end game viable. I just dodge all the enemies by hiding behind frost wall and I chug ball lightnings so I can shock myself and gain power charges.

So yeah, I feel like I've finally found a build that fully takes advantage of Maligaro's Restraint! It was an itch I had to scratch! It seems like a fun farming build too as I can put on mf gear or whatever while the totems go to town.

Well thanks for the cool belt. Now I get to join a bunch of leveling parties and show off da powah!!

(very) Temporary Gear setup:

There is no way to tell from the tooltip, but I'm starting to think that the totems are getting buffed twice by the belt. Once for when I get shocked and then again for when they shock themselves, because they are shocking themselves.

If the belt allows them to shock themselves, then wouldn't it also buff their own damage on top of the initial buff they received after I summon them?

That means they are getting +120% damage. Which would explain the impressive clear speed

Last edited by BearCares on Feb 7, 2015, 12:41:36 PM
Last time I bump this. But seriously. I think this build is top tier.

It's possible but unlikely that I may write a guide for this one. 99% safe, Maligaro's Restraint. What makes it so good, I think is that Maligaro's damage increase applies to chaos damage, which means frost walls' 100% damage effectiveness synergies with added chaos damage gem. Which means if you crit a lot with hit crit multi, you get a lot of chaos damage.

Of course the entire time the frost walls are protecting you from MOST damage sources in the game. But thanks to the new flask change, even if some frogs or goatmen jump over your frost wall you can pop a shock immunity flask and avoid taking extra damage until you kill them off.
Also, if you scramble the letters Maligaro's restraint becomes 'Alas, Anti-terrorism'.

But really the damage increase is universal so it should apply to the added chaos, and i believe ive seen someone else post that they thought the totems were dealing increased damage when shocked aswell, so if this is indeed happening then double dip away

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info