Maligaro's Restraint: What's the Verdict?

does this other belt not work for the recipe? Im pretty sure maligaros restraint was not 'designed' to be a recipe item but rather a powerful and dangerous item like abyssus. Its a supporter unique if Im not mistaken.

with the old meta that belt would have been BIS for LL BM ST... with no room for PoL its not so nice
it was originally designed when shocks still stack, and the damage stacked equally.
"
BearCares wrote:

Average shocks to self last for about 20 seconds so there's really no need to do anything special to stay shocked when it counts.

Yeah, but in the case of Totems and Traps, you don't have anything that can shock you (I heard they can even affect the survivability of totems since the shocks are reflected to them if you have a source of Lit Damage. citation needed though) and it specifies that you are the one that needs to be shocked in order for the damage increase to trigger... unless you think that simply using Lightning Coil taking damage often enough that you're always shocked is enough, which in that case is a bit unreliable imo.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Shouldn't it be possible to shock yourself via Scolds conversion + Coil because of the dmg conversion? This way you wouldn't have to shock the monsters in the first place.
Last edited by biomuesli on Jan 15, 2015, 11:56:46 PM
"
biomuesli wrote:
Shouldn't it be possible to shock yourself via Scolds conversion + Coil because of the dmg conversion? This way you wouldn't have to shock the monsters in the first place.

That was my original comment on the belt :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
"
biomuesli wrote:

That was my original comment on the belt :P

Oops, reading comprehension... :D
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

If they make the bubble bit transferable... then I will skin it onto my belt to look cool.

I'm waiting for the exact same thing!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
I think I've got it working, legit this time!

Basically a ranger with lightning arrow and poison arrow. I shock the field with lightning arrow then lay down poison arrow for the degen effect. So far at level 48 the shock increases my poison area degen 350 to 450 per second and that's just the tool tip not counting conc effect and the shock bonus damage.

And it's not even rolling yet. I'll update at level 60 I guess. It's look strong and I have a fair amount of evasion too.
I appreciate your dedication to finding a place my belt can feel happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info