[1.3] BIGGEST UPDATE ! Infernal AVATAR || 25K TOOLTIP only || Dual Doryanis+Vaal Pact

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH..I'M STILL FRENCH Thanks KorgothBG for the images

I UPDATE HARDLY THE BUILD, COMMENTS BELLOW ARE NOT FOR THIS BUILD !

UPDATE 17/01/15 : Thanks to AlfaPOWA, I know that this build reach 25K of tooltip damage at level 75 !
Spoiler

It'll be better near to level 90 and it's just tooltip damage : Infernal blow have a huge explosion damage when you kill an enemy + Herald of Ash damage ! Moreover, Gang's momentum + Celestial punishment + Curse add some pretty damage !

HELLO EXILES ! Do you want to be the most powerfull Templar, knowing fire like no one ? Do you want to be a badass Jackie Chun in Dragon Ball ?

First of all, this build is based on several things :

Spoiler

=> Fire damage for the DPS : all physical converted to fire

=> High physical/elemental damage

=> Vaal pact with a life leech from Gods + Tanky passive tree

=> Herald of ash buffed as f*** !

=> Double CWDT set with an evil one !

=> A smart way to curse the enemies !

Infernal blow is our DPS skill : it is 100% fire damage since I run Avatar of fire ! 100% of physical damage is converted to fire damage. It has a huge clear speed's possibility cause it exploses enemies on death !

Spoiler

At level 17, with 20% q (which is awesome on this skill cause it improves area skill ), we got :

64% increased Physical Damage
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Explosion deals Base Fire Damage equal to 25% of the corpse's maximum Life

+20% area effect (1% per 1% quality)

Auras are a real huge part of this build : the Herald of Ash gives us a lot of power. Thanks to double Doryani's on the gear, we got :

Herald of ash + lvl 20 Elem Prolif (weapon) + Increase burning damage + Reduced mana

Spoiler
Couple with Doryani's, this is the most powerfull clear speed's buff on POE. Moreover, it adds some fire damage.

The other set gives damage and tankness :

Hatred + Determination + Reduced mana + Empower/Leap Slam/Portal

Spoiler
Hatred at 100% effectiveness !

We have double triggered skills in this build. The classic one, and the evil one !

Classic : CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal Coil + Increased duration

Spoiler
Do I have to explain something ? Did you need to open this spoiler ? #justkiddingmate

Evil one : CWDT + Molten Shell + Life leech + Elemental prolif thanks to Doryani's

Spoiler
One of the most intersting molten shell, since you run a pure fire damage build, with a huge life leech and Vaal pact things. This CWDT set up is great to increase our "tankness", to deal good damage and to life leech as well. Moreover, with elem prolif, you can stacks burning stack on ennemies !

%q on Molten shell is SUPER GREAT : +30% chance to ignite enemies on explosion !

We also have a trigger curse set :

CWDT (lvl 1) + Ice nova (lvl 12) + Curse on hit (max level) + Flamability (max level)

Spoiler

Flamabily is huge since you do 100% fire damage !

The 20%q on Ice nova is also awesome because it increases the area of effect.

The 20%q on curse on hit are also important to curse a bigger area !

Why use CWDT ? Just go here for the explanation, just look at the explanation of alphaPOWA

Spoiler
"In my setup you "fool" the system. Basicly cwdt proccs a lvl 12 icenova(cwdt lvl1 req 31, ice nova lvl12 req 28) THEN the icenova itself is supported with curse on hit and curse on hit is supported with a maxlvl flammability that affects all those in radius of the icenova.
With this setup the cwdt never casts the curse, and therefore it can be of higher lvl then the required lvl for cwdt, meaning it will proc all the time at full Power!"

Skill gems and links

Armor : Infernal Blow + Melee splash + Multistrike + Melee physical damage + Weapon elemental damage + LL

Spoiler

For single target, replace melee splash by blood magic since it will be a little bit longer. If it's REALLY mana substainable, go for Added fire damage.

Weapon : Herald of ash + Increase burning damage + Reduced mana

Weapon : CWDT + Molten shell + Life leech

Helmet : CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal coil + Increased duration

Boots : CWDT+ Ice nova + Curse on hit + Flamability

Gloves : Hatred + Determination + Reduced mana + BM

GEAR

Weapons

Spoiler

You have to run double Doryani's ! Elemental damage, life leech, elemental proliferation.. It's just the core of the build !
Spoiler

Ring

Spoiler

Pyre is one of the core part of the build : permit you to deal 100% fire damage with cold damage !

Spoiler

Boots

Spoiler

Gang's Momentum are the best since you ignite all your enemies on the first touch ! Nice armor, huge fire res (against reflect), %chance to ignite and +15% increased damage ALL THE TIME since all your enemies are ignited.

Spoiler

Belt

Spoiler

No other choice here : Doryani's fire variant is one of the core item of this build : increase fire damage, LL on fire damage (with Vaal pact) and tons of "tankness". Beautiful !

Spoiler

Try to get a nice roll on %fire damage..

Helmet, Gloves, Amulet, Body armor, ring

Spoiler

There is no unique require : just go for
=> Tank : Elemental res / Life / Armor
=> DPS : Some fire damage / elemental damage if it's possible (but it's not a must)

Spoiler

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmogAEs4Kb7SB35VfikFUnL-w4wBoaOLFC8xFxhcT2PQ8ki3y7_lQNzStQHM73MnKpxq48Lbc-2L3-CjWStfKpbio4z352rOoYrY0kqhZv42r60u982WFngKgHbbSLT5tqhVIoKuRRl3nvDlBHFCBG12P9euZ82YY7FPY6nTGepldgZfH-af7kIuzLQT8hNLQvUeaexTrh8kXwH6-NHRT56EGHTwThc5_fKPqCxylPNunfspSHQ8hKyG6qsQW40IGv2joabJo7PAWApFXWZOcXL8aeEH8MfTIJcmxsRk3j_o8=

I search several things for this build :

=> Tank : +168% max life, +64% armor, Vaal pact, Elem res (+28%), Fire res (+8%), Chaos res (+20%)

=> DPS : +336% physical damage, +211% elemental damage, +24% fire damage, +2% fire damage penetrate, +44% attack speed

=> Mana : 14% reduced mana reserved, 19% reduced mana cost of skills, 60% mana regen, +5% max mana

=> Buffs : 10% chance to ignite, +25% damage on ignited ennemies, +20% area effect, +8% area damage, 100% chance to hit, Hits that stun have culling strike, 18% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold

The idea of the build is using Infernal blow as a main skill. We buff this skill and clear speed thanks to :

=> Physical + fire damage all converted to fire

=> Herald of ash with elem prolif + Hatred to get additionnal damage

=> Double Doryanis (which are really important)

=> Ignite ! Huge chance to ignite with the curse, and +40% damage on ennemies ignited

=> Good burning damage thanks to passive/Pyre

=> Curse : around 30% less elemental res + % chance to ignite

=> 100% chance to hit

We can facetank thanks to :

=> A tanky passive tree (around 170% life, 60% armor, 30% elem res)

=> Vaal pact + LL on skill + LL on double Doryani's

=> Determination

Normal : 8% Elemental resistance or passive

Cruel : 16% Physical damage or 8% Attack speed

Merciless : Passive

Standard ? HC ?

Only standard, mate !
Last edited by justice__ on Jan 17, 2015, 9:50:16 AM
Looks pretty interesting, still kinda weird you didn't even try it out before posting a full guide though haha.
Still doubting you could sustain the mana cost of a fully linked ele hit by the way, that skill is expensive!
prismweave gives increased not more elemental damage..
"
Sandeerrr wrote:
Looks pretty interesting, still kinda weird you didn't even try it out before posting a full guide though haha.
Still doubting you could sustain the mana cost of a fully linked ele hit by the way, that skill is expensive!

This is not a "full guide" but just a nice way (i think) to present a build ! I love to present clearly my ideas.

is it interesting ? Viable ? Possible to facetank ?

For the mana cost, elemental hit as a mana cost of 23 at level 17.

5L : Elemental hit + melee splash + multistrike + faster attack + weapon elemental damage

150% + 180% + 160% + 115% for the support gem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but :

23 *1.5*1.8*1.6*1.15 = 114 with 43% reduced mana cost = 65 mana for 1 elemental hit which trigger 3 times.

I have 40% mana regenerate, and 20% max mana. With one mana leech on gear, it should be ok, no ? Should i take 20% mana regen + 5% max life/mana one the first two nodes on templar ?
Last edited by justice__ on Jan 7, 2015, 6:15:15 PM
"
Powerlenny wrote:
prismweave gives increased not more elemental damage..

I'm sorry, i just correct it (i still have some trouble with the language of Shakespear aha)

But still, what do you think of the idea of the build ?
not sure if its that effective...i want to see numbers! :D
"
Powerlenny wrote:
not sure if its that effective...i want to see numbers! :D

I also really want to see numbers, since i love status ailments and funny "original" build.

But i just want to be sur if it's possible to run this build without be crushed by lvl 7 Ledge..at level 70..
btw why not use HoT, HoA, HoI, Anger and Wrath on mana and use elemental hit with a bloodmagic gem?

so maybe
elemental hit
melee splash
bloodmagic
weapon elemental damage
LgoH
Added Lightning damage/incr crit chance/incr crit damage
Some points that need correction:

Prismweave is outclassed by a every rare belt with %WED on it, the flat elemental damage is not enough on it to overcome this.

Cherubium's chest armor is NOT good for Vaal Pact, it does nothing for it.
Increased leech rate only works on non-instant life leech, in this case with a 20q Life Leech gem it would increase the maximal leech per second from 20% max life per second to 30% (50% leech rate increase, 30% from chest and 20% from quality).
With vaal pact you are leeching instantly, so the increased leech rate does nothing.

Elemental Hit is outclassed by:
Static Strike (inbuilt AoE, can use it at level 1 for low mana)
Dual Strike (Elemental hit alternates hands, dual hits with both for a lot more damage and has the same quality bonus, can use it at level 1 for low mana)

You mentioning leech and life on kill / lgoh from tree as a survival is not really a thing. You are dealing next to no physical damage at all and life on kill / lgoh from tree is a joke.

You take no inner force, even though it would boost all your heralds more than the shitty 6/8% elemental nodes. Seeing as a single ring goes up to 36% WED i would remove all non essential nodes of these values.

Don't think relying on only the 3x heralds is enough for endgame content. You probably need some aura nodes and reservation nodes to get Wrath or Anger in there.

If you plan on dual wielding doryani and going crit, the Twin Terror cluster near duelist is a huge bonus for crit. I would seriously suggest trying to somehow reach that area somehow.

Going for vaal pact with low crit values might not be a good idea, also you need a Life Leech gem if you plan on going for it.
Only 0.8% instant leech is not that great (2% * 0.4 from vaal pact).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jan 7, 2015, 9:19:11 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Some points that need correction:

Prismweave is outclassed by a every rare belt with %WED on it, the flat elemental damage is not enough on it to overcome this.

Cherubium's chest armor is NOT good for Vaal Pact, it does nothing for it.
Increased leech rate only works on non-instant life leech, in this case with a 20q Life Leech gem it would increase the maximal leech per second from 20% max life per second to 30% (50% leech rate increase, 30% from chest and 20% from quality).
With vaal pact you are leeching instantly, so the increased leech rate does nothing.

Elemental Hit is outclassed by:
Dual Strike (Elemental hit alternates hands, dual hits with both for a lot more damage and has the same quality bonus, can use it at level 1 for low mana)

You mentioning leech and life on kill / lgoh from tree as a survival is not really a thing. You are dealing next to no physical damage at all and life on kill / lgoh from tree is a joke.

You take no inner force, even though it would boost all your heralds more than the shitty 6/8% elemental nodes. Seeing as a single ring goes up to 36% WED i would remove all non essential nodes of these values.

Don't think relying on only the 3x heralds is enough for endgame content. You probably need some aura nodes and reservation nodes to get Wrath or Anger in there.

If you plan on dual wielding doryani and going crit, the Twin Terror cluster near duelist is a huge bonus for crit. I would seriously suggest trying to somehow reach that area somehow.

Going for vaal pact with low crit values might not be a good idea, also you need a Life Leech gem if you plan on going for it.
Only 0.8% instant leech is not that great (2% * 0.4 from vaal pact).

Did some testings and i can confirm the "Elemental Hit is outclassed by:
Dual Strike (Elemental hit alternates hands, dual hits with both for a lot more damage and has the same quality bonus, can use it at level 1 for low mana)" part.
You won't get comparable DPS out of this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info