Build of the Week Season 4 Episode 1: Arc/Spark PvP Witch

"
Shimaran wrote:
Can you make real news about the game for once ?

Dude they post updates EVERY DAY. There's bound to be a slow week or two every once in a while. Just be thankful they do not keep radio silence for weeks at a time like, Oh I dunno, EVERY OTHER DEV EVER.
"
KenshiD wrote:
I knew the people on the forums have become whiny complainers a long time ago, but reading this shit here makes me really sad.

The community has become worse than the things they complain about all day long.
The constant whining and demanding is basically the "desync" of the community, which becomes just more and more annoying as times passes, but less and less something people actually believe will ever go away and ultimately just accept as part of the whole thing.

I for once liked the episode. Feathers build is great, he basically beats me every time. A caster is a hipster PVP build I like that.

Chris, I really hope you and everyone else at GGG are okay and aren't to annoyed or disgruntled about the naggers...

Have a good one.

^ this! THIS!

I don't play PvP, was into it back in the D2 days and know ARPG & PVP works just fine, but nowadays I am no longer interested in such competitive stuff like player vs player. But it's very interesting (for me) to watch matches of good players. I hope the spectator mode is becoming improved... something like HLTV for CS... or more livestreams of tournaments including showcasters.

It exist not a single game or sport in the world where everyone has the same chance to win or be the best in the world... but everyone still enjoys "his" game/sport.

Btw. there are players out there who have spend 2 years of practicing pvp in poe, get the best gear and tactics... most players played pvp once and complain about not having a chance... yeah, same goes for me when I challenge Christiano Ronaldo to a 1v1 football match -.- (I still like football and play it in the free time) - you simply have no fun playing pvp, that is just fine... but stop your QQ and BS everywhere, GGG cares about all of us, PvE, PvP & Racers... this patch is for PVP, next for PvE, and Racers always get GGGs love
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
foetal wrote:
What a surprise, Path Of PVP build of the week a PVP one

What happened to POE??

To be more specific, what happened to the "we'll explain the changes we make to the game" and "frequent news about future plans" ? Also, we are still waiting for fixes that should have come weeks, or months ago for some issues.

We've been trying hard to include explanations of balance changes in the patch notes (usually in italics). Do you have any specific examples of changes that you'd like explained better? I'd love to improve this if we can.

With regards to frequent news about future plans, we're not going to be prematurely revealing any of the Act Four content until a few weeks before it goes live (as then it's locked down and in a state where we can show it). We'll of course continue to post daily news, but it's not going to be earth-shattering until late Feb or early March, if the primary thing you want to hear is what's in the next expansion.

It is absolutely mindblowing that the lead developer answers to random people's complains in the forums. Mindblowing in a good way of course:)
Lets hope that all these cry babies that complain for every single thing that doesn't suit their playstyle will understand how different GGG is and will stop saying that POE will die 100 times per day in 100 different threads.
Games from companies like GGG don't die.
Period
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Thanks as always Chris; I'm not a PvP type, but I'm sure plenty of folks enjoy this aspect of the game. Good for GGG in putting some effort into trying to enhance the PVP element. Maybe the video will give the PVPers some helpful tips. "Having your line snag?" lol.

Great to see BOTW back; keep up your awesome work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
I'm very in love with Path of Exile but
in my opinion the time and effort you put in PvP is wasted.
It's just...PvE game..

Make more maps, this would affect 99% of the Player and not only the 1% that Plays pvp..

Cheers
Last edited by PrototypX on Jan 8, 2015, 7:42:37 AM
You guys all need to stop qqing about PvP. They didn't take ANYTHING away from PvE, all they did was add a few more features to the PvP aspect of the game. Which has existed forever but was very niche. You all know that the act 4 expansion is coming late spring so stfu and wait for it. They clearly haven't given up on PvE if half of their staff is designing/developing the new expansion. I've heard enough of all the fucking crying about how this game is changing and "ermagherd Path of PvP." If you don't like the game then fuck off and don't play it.

Real facts:

- This game is FREE. Which means aside from donations this game owes you NOTHING. If you don't enjoy playing it then move the fuck on or go back to playing the Sims or Hello Kitty or whatever you 10 yr olds are into these days.
- GGG updates content more frequently than any other game developer I've ever played.
- PvP is entirely optional. Again, if you don't like it. Don't play it.
- Your QQ is annoying and is in no way going to improve anything. If you have a real suggestion, post it. Otherwise, stfu.
"
Jaypoc wrote:
You guys all need to stop qqing about PvP. They didn't take ANYTHING away from PvE, all they did was add a few more features to the PvP aspect of the game. Which has existed forever but was very niche. You all know that the act 4 expansion is coming late spring so stfu and wait for it. They clearly haven't given up on PvE if half of their staff is designing/developing the new expansion. I've heard enough of all the fucking crying about how this game is changing and "ermagherd Path of PvP." If you don't like the game then fuck off and don't play it.

Real facts:

- This game is FREE. Which means aside from donations this game owes you NOTHING. If you don't enjoy playing it then move the fuck on or go back to playing the Sims or Hello Kitty or whatever you 10 yr olds are into these days.
- GGG updates content more frequently than any other game developer I've ever played.
- PvP is entirely optional. Again, if you don't like it. Don't play it.
- Your QQ is annoying and is in no way going to improve anything. If you have a real suggestion, post it. Otherwise, stfu.

tl dr:

You are right they didn't take anything away from PvE but the time they did invest they could use to fix stuff in PvE and add more Content (they could release act4 faster for example)
And yes i know, the PvP qq will Change nothing since PoE is already with it.
Still, only a very Little amount of the playerbase participate at it and in my eyes
it wasn't worth the afford GGG did put in.

Cheers and have a nice day sir.
BTW whats with this cut-throat achievement? Its the only 1 im missing to get all of them. Maybe you should change it? ANd when we will get more new achievements? It was fun for me to do them :)

"
Odoakar wrote:
+1 tabula, np, let me get one from my stash

I've NEVER had tabula drop in 3 years of playing PoE. In the end had to buy one for 1ex in Beyond.

The build would get destroyed with budget gear, because no one is playing pvp atm with budget gear.

You must have really bad luck. I think of myself as "as casual as you can get, but with a Hardcore mindset". Look at my characters to see just how bad I am. And even I had at least 2 or 3 Tabula Rasa.

It's RNG. Been playing since closed beta. Never had a Tabula drop until last league. That's years without one. Then 3 of them dropped within the span the span of 2 weeks. Haven't seen one drop since, and probably won't for years.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Jan 8, 2015, 8:11:21 AM
I don't agree with the new direction of "all on board the PVP train".

I don't think many people really do it, i don't think its fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info