Lightning Tendrils Cheap, Effective Bloodlines Build

Really having fun with this build, thanks much. Do you use a secondary, more ranged skill coming up? I ask because for some reason I thought it would be a good idea (in HC) to slow dance with Kole, and showed me why that was a bad idea about a half second later :)
I'm using Firestorm some but the skill feels more random than I like.

This build is absolutely perfect for league start, I'm all self found (except for the wand) and going full MF, my market targets are 2X andvarius rings (yes, i'll still be capped with resistances thanks to purity of elements). Oh, and I picked the second curse from the tree instead of doedre's ring. This makes me a potential tri-curser (+ele weakness). BTW, I'm having essentially a 2-link here (increased rarity on third slot xD). It's hilarious I can do 74 maps with a 2 link, haven't tryed anything highrer, but I think it could work on all maps if the mods are not too suicidal. My current gear:

My damage is around 8,5 k, it will reach 10-12 when my gems are qualitied. Also, I could get a better amulet. Life - 3,2 k, shield - around 2 k.

Using Vaal storm call for single target and bosses. Any thoughts on adding increased duration to it?
Last edited by gavsusTRD on Mar 31, 2015, 5:27:56 AM
What's your resistances and life? This build is more of a glass cannon because of low on life nodes and little res off the tree (MF gear lacks res too)
I have ended up making a similar character to this, but I am using 5L with conc effect, spell echo, faster casting and lightning pen. The tooltip dps is at 34k. I would lose around 6k dps if I replaced faster casting with inc aoe, but I am currently living in hope of a 6 link instead. Clarity gives me just enough mana regen to support it. I only have 1% life leech from belt, with the high dps it's almost enough for ideally I feel that the character needs 2% leech.

passives: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcEswY5CPQJqg3NEFgRDxSwFm8aOBpsG_Eczh8CJIskqicvK1AsnC19MjQ2iTbFNuk6WDrYPAU9Dz1fRZ1G10wtTLNPfU-vUWBSU1NSVcZXKWe9aPJqQ20ZcYV2EXxLfLt-r37HgFaCHoKbg9uLjIx2jRmQVZZ0l5WX9Jo7muCdrp48n9-iAKcIrJixQrWFuJO86sAawFTAZsCawbTMt9V11YHVptgk2V_Z_N2M4BLjauQi5Ozli-vu7DjtPO9Q73zwH_Tp-d3-VA==
Last edited by hzflank on Apr 5, 2015, 5:43:58 AM
"
FeralGoddess wrote:
Really having fun with this build, thanks much. Do you use a secondary, more ranged skill coming up? I ask because for some reason I thought it would be a good idea (in HC) to slow dance with Kole, and showed me why that was a bad idea about a half second later :)
I'm using Firestorm some but the skill feels more random than I like.

I've used ball lightning at range and found it quite helpful with this build.
Playing this build on the 1 month SC league right now, and I have to say that it is one of the easiest rides I have had. Currently mapping at 69 and melting everything with basically self-found gear even though I am only level 67.

Using Herald of Thunder instead of Discipline, as I don't want to invest in ES nodes. As I have mana to spare, I'm using Vitality to fill the gap. When I get more mana, I will switch to Determination.

Will cross to the big life wheel near Scion and be totally life-based instead of life/ES. Ending up with something like http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswj0CaoNzRBYEQ8Wbxo4Gmwb8RzOHwIkiySqJy8rUCycLX0yNDbFNuk6WDrYPAU9Dz1fRtdMs1JTVcZo8m0ZcYV2EXxLfLt-r37HgpuD24uMkFWWdJeVl_SaO52un9-iAKcIrJixQrWFwBrAZsCawbTMt9V11abYJNn82rnjauQi5Ozli-w47TzvUO988B_53f5UwFRqQ7zqjRngEtlf3YzE9jwtxq63Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kW4k-vumuBFnVNS
and from there on use the next 7 points to either:
- go to Static Blows
- or pick up the 5 spell damage nodes to the Witch start and the two other Templar start nodes fr more life

Replaced Inc AOE with Spell Echo when I got to the Library: you hardly notice the loss in range, but you do notice the almost 50% more DPS. Now at 11K dps with gems on level 15. Should hit 20-25K on gem level 20, still on a 3L.

And as I have room to spare on my gear, I am running two CWDTs:
- CWDT-EC-IC-ID
- CWDT-Molten Shell-Shockwave Totem-Temporal Chains

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on May 10, 2015, 5:27:49 PM
Just wanted to give this build a bump. Only level 48 so far but it's super fun and super easy, I'm surprised there aren't more builds using Lightening Tendrils!
Right now at level 84. The dps seems to be leveling off: 75 maps are becoming hard, but this may well be caused by the rather extreme mods in the 1 month league. Maybe it will become better when the tendrils go to 20 (and as I am leveling two, maybe one will become 21) and the support gems can be Q20-ed for some minor boosts.

My gear (I found 4 exalts just lying around, which helped a lot):
- the belt is an absolute must at higher levels: you *need* the leech: your flasks will not be able to carry you by themselves, even with the extra flask nodes.
- the Heart adds 1200 life or so (I am now cruising at 5700). As you don;t need much gems with this build, why not go for a 0-socket.
- the helmet adds resists, and some levels for your auras. Nice but not necessary.
- the gloves give you some MF
- I want to 5L the staff, but 100 fuses later I am not there. Dreaming about the lucky 6L.
- Rings, Boots and Ammy suck right now...want better ones.
- The purity of lightning is switched with the herald on reflect maps. This doesn't make the maps really safe though :(
- The Decoy Totem is a godsend when solo-ing. It gets the critters off your back. In the beta there are golems which work even better.

Current build (quite life-heavy): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswj0CaoNzQ5cEFgRDxZvGjgabBvxHM4fAiSLJKonLytQLJwtfTI0NZI2xTbpOlg62DrhPAU8LT0PPV9DyEV-RZ1G10yzTeNPBFJTU1JVxmjyakNq-m0ZcYV2EXxLfLt-r37HgpuD24uMjRmQVZeVl_SaO5rgna6f36IAplenCKyYsUK1hbc-uJO86sAawFTAZsCawbTE9sauzLfVddWm2CTYvdlf2fzaud2M4BLjauQi5Ozli-vu7DjtPO9Q73zwH_JF-d3-Cv5U_o8=

The next nodes will go on:
- Righteous Decree (as soon as I 5L the staff)
- 3 nodes to Combat Stamina (45% more armor, 5% more life, about 70 more life/s regen)
- two nodes to Shaper for more regen.
and then I am at 90 where life becomes sloooooow.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on May 19, 2015, 4:31:26 PM
Updating:
- Finally 5-linked the staff, added Faster Casting and started to kill myself with reflect :(
- Added an Andvarius, changed the Herald to Purity of Elements, put Item Rarity in Staff

now running around with 200+ rarity....works very well
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info