Lightning Tendrils Cheap, Effective Bloodlines Build

My active Bloodlines Character is currently a level 76 Templar with non-crit LT as the main skill. I have taken a different tack than any I have seen posted previously-one that doesn't need anything bigger than a 4L to work perfectly. I thought I would share it.

One of the biggest problems with LT is its mana cost, which becomes truly excessive in a 5L or 6L, necessitating either EB or many nodes invested in mana/regen. But the most special thing about LT (imo), that no one seems to mention, is that its damage scales tremendously by level. So I have chosen to use it in a +3 wand. LT+Lightning pen+inc Aoe. That's it. Offhand uses a second wand with good inc spell damage and some cast speed. The damage output is excellent, particularly because all of the nodes I would have to spend on mana to use LT in a 5L are instead spent on every decent lightning damage and spell damage node in the Templar and Witch area. Clarity/Discipline/herald of Thunder all run without running out of mana, and discipline can add to survivability instead of being sucked into the eldritch battery. A quality increased aoe gem and both aoe clusters give the skill a well ranged feel. I just added a carcass jack within the last level. Skill now reaches nearly to the edge of the visible map. Most non-boss mobs end up briefly perma-stunned well out of melee range. Tooltip dps is a little over 10k. Add virtually inevitable shock to bring to roughly 15k. Add Conductivity/lightning pen/lightning pen passives to reduce mobs lightning res by another 76%. Against mob without lightning res I believe the yield is a little over 26k dps that hits about half the screen (someone feel free to check my math). Warlord's Mark enhances the stun effect, provides extra survivability through leech, and handles reflect reasonably well as long as one is paying attention. Blows through maps up to 72--haven't gotten my hands on anything higher yet. Currently runs on 3400 life and a little over 1300 ES with discipline.

Most fun I have had with a build since I started playing. We'll see how much longer it lasts. Hope some of you get to try it out. Also happy for any feedback.

Skill tree is here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswj0CaoNzQ5cEFgRDxFQFm8XLxo4Gmwb8RzOHwIkiySqJy8rUCycLX0yNDW5NsU26TpYOtg8BT0PPV9FfkbXTLNSU1XGVdZXKWTnaPJqQ2r6bRlxhXYRfEt8u36vfseApIKbg9uLjI0ZkFWWdJeVl_SaO52un9-iAKcIpyusmLFCtYW86sAawFTAZsCawbTMt9V11abYJNlf2fza3d2M4BLjauQi5Ozli-w47TzvUO988B_53frS_lQ=

I would post gear, but I'm not sure how, never having done any kind of write up before. +3 light wand, carcass jack, Doedre's ring are only items of note. Everything else is optional-life/resists/energy shield etc. Good Luck!
thanks bro. i've tried this.so far it is excellent.
Saw this some time ago, and decided to look for the thread after wanting to try a lightning tendrils build, I'm a bit sad only one person has bumped.
To post gear.

Make a post or click reply.

Navigate the cursor to where you want the item to show up.

With your mouse, click on your avatar image at the top of the page.

Your character will pop-over. (pop-over).

Click the item you want to show up.

Close the pop over.
Doing this build right now, lots of fun so far.
The planes and trains are to blame
I was just wondering what your bandit choices were
I believe the best bandit choices would be
Oak
Kill all
Kill all or endurance chance (If you are running inmortal call)

also I wanted to ask, is it easy to craft a +3 wand or should I just buy it? if so how should I proceed with the crafting and currency
I've got some objections on the build, why do you go to "unrelenting" through "Elementalist" instead of "Sanctity"?
Otherwise an interesting build which I will def. try out, with some modifications in the skill-tree...
Recreation is a state where satisfaction has no roof and tribulation is a bottomless pit
Tempted to run with a +3 dagger and a divinarius.
"
Satur wrote:
I've got some objections on the build, why do you go to "unrelenting" through "Elementalist" instead of "Sanctity"?
Otherwise an interesting build which I will def. try out, with some modifications in the skill-tree...

If you go from elementalist to unrelenting it takes less points
http://puu.sh/gjTBQ/e6b016f7c7.jpg

http://puu.sh/gjTM4/7ee6073fd5.jpg

one less point actually
Last edited by Sammun on Mar 2, 2015, 6:08:56 PM
Ohh, look at that. Well, I did go for the Dex. point anyway, made me glad...

Guess it's something to regret later!
Recreation is a state where satisfaction has no roof and tribulation is a bottomless pit
Last edited by Satur on Mar 8, 2015, 7:52:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info