[#1 BL Duelist] 2H Cyclone Atziri Slayer, Small 2.0.0 Update

I just desync-ripped lvl 67 to an exile* farming aqueducts merc using a tree similar to the old 1.3 and a friend asked me what happened and what build I was running... First, the tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBmy1fOYrwxIKwq76nZU29Nkd-hNmplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu9AoF4TIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyDvTmFSxVOGYDpSvJ8YkfxLDjwUcfjr6hj3MnzZcqnE9sauC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8Be98PC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9dqzPfq2N2WGFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8OFCBfP9l8ggesqlnzGjiQVScv6UY=

I grabbed many more scion life nodes (4500hp worth or about 3500 without gear on) but I deleted the char and can't be bothered with the exact number. Also I was using a 250pdps axe and was getting around 3k dps running hatred and haste(which I was already doubting and wanted to replace with ash + AA but I didn't think about hypothermia...). I took oak, passive, oak (life, passive, endurance). I also did normal and cruel malachai solo ground-slamming before the nerf. For cruel malachai I used a voidhome and the life gain on hit was delicious :D

I was planning on working my way towards:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBmy1fOYrwxIKwq76nZU29Nkd-hNmplIdqkGypJ4Tv2sF07QUteu9AoF4TIVXcPQd1wKYs-4oiJyDvTmFSxVOGYDpSvJ8YkfxLDjwUcfjr6hj3MnzZcqnE9sauC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8Be98PC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9dqzPfq2N2WGFUusJOQ4Jlpd55FFQR-8OFCBfP9l8ggesqlnzGjiQVScv6UbcMkh4BTwUTfJBNZL-j03jplc64fJFn9_2SIzPPfxkUk4yF-Em-BNMwaPiYTB3Wf6vpxzOK1ANzf5U

Also, after ripping I just now noticed that etup is doing a similar mara start cycloner (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314433).

Anyhow, play-style wise I manually casted enduring cry all the time. I had warlord's mark on a cast when damage taken though I wanted enfeeble instead but sadly couldn't make the attribute requirements even for lvl 1. I was using a fire golem though recently I reached an attribute requirement wall I was planning to fix with more stats on better gear after getting a better axe. I lucked out getting an elreon -8 amulet after my daily yesterday so I sustained off the blood pool from relatively early on.

I'm personally taking the day off since this is the 2nd cycloner I lost to a desync this league(100ms latency avg; 90ms with regular 150ms spikes; 150ms avg during peak hours; multiple irregular seconds-worth of spikes once or twice an hour). Honestly, desyncing to a stupid exile encounter and watching your life pool drying up for full seconds after disconnection AND days after ripping to act4 piety normal desync one-shotting you literally as you walked through the doorway kinda makes me want to play offline a little :D

Regardless, your 1.3 tree was the best out there and I'm sure this time around won't be any different :D Cyclone as a skill btw no longer desyncs at all even with my crappy connection.
WTB skill tree?<3
H4ns I'll be your bff if you pass over a skill tree.
I'll kill for a skill tree, asap! :D
Updated with leveling and final trees

@UltraCoward: your tree is pretty close to mine in 2.0.0, well done, sad that you died though!
250pdps at that level is kinda poor, though.
Last edited by H4NS on Jul 24, 2015, 7:06:30 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with a second 5-link for this build? Currently using a 5L Doomsower for my Cyclone setup and I have a 5L Belly of the Beast, but not sure what to throw in there.
"
Saybur wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with a second 5-link for this build? Currently using a 5L Doomsower for my Cyclone setup and I have a 5L Belly of the Beast, but not sure what to throw in there.

I use a defensive 6-linked vengeance in mine.

To get some endurance charges and leech with some culling action. Quite a fun build so far (haven't tested myself in high maps). The hypothermia and arctic armor interaction synergizing well.
quality guide! comprehensive, well-formatted and with some good reasoning.
useles build lvl 42 died nr... times impossible for begginers that have no items
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Sep 15, 2015, 9:08:24 AM
Seems more like a l2p issue, since the OP was able to reach level 97/98(don't remember) in a hardcore league before dying in an extremely unpredictable manner, all in a new league, which means that he too started out with no items/currency.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info