[2.0.0] Kaom's Legacy : How to Cyclone - (30C Atziri Build - Indepth Guide for Beginners)

I'm at 46 now and leap slam is still outperforming cyclone. I switched to cyclone for a few levels but switched back to leap slam. The difference in damage is pretty huge, and I don't even have an optimal gem setup or gear.

I don't know if it's because I need more life regen or leech or more attack speed or whatever but I find my clearing time is slower and my life drops more when I'm using cyclone. The spinning is slow and I only get really good damage if I spam the crap out of the skill (which is the point of this build, I know). It's a good skill but so far nowhere near as efficient. Granted I'm only level 46 so "clearing maps" right now is easy.

The mace is great, the chest I'm only using because it's 5L. With hatred and herald of ash leap slam has crazy damage, and if I switch it with heavy strike for bosses or vorici missions the damage is phenomenal.

What are the advantages cyclone has over leap slam? I'm noticing cyclone is pretty much constant if you spam it while leap slam has a slight pause in between, but leap slam has a lot more damage so life leech is greater and killing is faster, and it's more maneuverable.

I'm not slamming this build by the way. It's great. I'm just wondering why my results are so different. I'm wondering why I'm getting better results with an entirely different skill :) Could my mace be the problem? Too slow and not enough range? I do spin really slow so the only damage I'm really doing is with the first pulse, but I don't have an axe anywhere near comparable to test the difference.

Leapslam = 100% damage effectiveness

Cyclone = 50% damage effectiveness

As long as u are 1shotting trash mobs feel free to use Leapslam. If you get BBGRR 5l, link cyclone to conc/inc/meleephys/BM and you'll do better with it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Update for me:

Just did my first atziri. Ever!

Run was deathless until I got to Atziri. Being a first timer, I hit reflecter and ripped a few times from large flameblasts. In a few runs, can probably get it to 0 deaths.

Complete Gear

Increased AoE is on second loadout
Last edited by negusmaster on Jul 3, 2015, 1:38:52 AM
Hi, how do you think this build will turn out in 2.0?
skill tree 2.0 pls
"
Sukson wrote:
skill tree 2.0 pls

I'm still trying out things. Please be patient for 2.0 to go live and for me to test changes with trade enabled.

E: this is a concept tree for lvl 92. Might do it, might not:
Spoiler

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4yExH7gdn-eV-RRUEfvDhQgXz-XeQmWOQ7rCYVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcyfNn462RSTjIX4Sb4E0y77ZHOcqnE9q-nHM4rUA3N_lTGrjwtg8y3Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzGeOuHyRYNfwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqeplIdqeHqpJ4TvYSGuUP5rE8llp6LqEuHawXTtBS2S0F4Teu8hVSz7iiInIAthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfJ_fDF9TpRyn9kjEWJo7gpvsODrYJy-QVRo4AZEt0lW1QzHDM1oae3Q=
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Jul 6, 2015, 2:00:09 PM
So the movement speed cycloner is dead, you can't be serious this still works without attack speed in 2.0? Just when I was about to make my first cycloner, GGG fixed it :(
I play a high aps version, but it still seems like you can max your dps with short movements

sitting at 19k dps 5l bm
"
leto2626 wrote:
So the movement speed cycloner is dead, you can't be serious this still works without attack speed in 2.0? Just when I was about to make my first cycloner, GGG fixed it :(

Does GGG really change this? Did you have an quote about that or something? Your post really confused me and i dont find something that they changed it
Well, I don't know how it was since this is my first and only character and I only recently started using cyclone. But when I try to make the shortest cast possible, I still get more than 1 hit in. Even with the faster run flask activated, so with 60% faster run.

So perhaps they made the pulses faster? It seems to me that if you get more than 1 hit per cast, attack speed will matter.

But perhaps I am using it wrong, or reasoning wrong. I am looking forward to the results of your testing, Vincendra.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info