EU01-49-HC Swiss

The queue for this tournament can be found in the "Events" tab of the "Events and PvP" panel. This can be accessed in-game through the menu button, or by pressing B (by default). You must queue for this tournament in order to participate in it. You cannot join this tournament late, as the number of rounds is determined by the number of players.

You must be on the following league/gateway to participate in this tournament:

League: Hardcore
Gateway: Europe

PvP-only characters can be used for this tournament.
Instructions on how to create preconstructed PvP-only characters can be found here.

This is a low-level event. It is restricted to level 28 characters who have not yet completed Normal difficulty.

This is a Swiss event
Each match in a Swiss event is a best-of-seven duel with another player. The matches are of fixed length and the number of rounds is based on the number of players. More information on how this format works can be found in the PvP rules.

Each match won is worth 3 points.
Each match drawn is worth 1 point.

The top 20 players by points will receive:
  • #1 Overall: Talisman of the Victor (Unique Jet Amulet) and 15 Reward Points.
  • #2 Overall: 10 Reward Points.
  • #3 Overall: 8 Reward Points.
  • #4 Overall: 6 Reward Points.
  • #5 Overall: 5 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 Overall: 4 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 Overall: 2 Reward Points.

Each point acquired earns you 1 Reward Point.

As well as reward points, our sponsors have generously provided:
  • 1st place: $75 Karma Koin and Razer Gaming Hardware ($80+)
  • 2nd place: $60 Karma Koin
  • 3rd-4th place: $30 Karma Koin
  • 5th-8th place: $20 Karma Koin
  • 9th-16th place: $10 Karma Koin

Click here for more information about these sponsored prizes.

The player who places the highest in each Swiss event and doesn't already have an invitation to the Invitational at the end of the season will receive an Invitation.

Good luck!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Cyclone and facebreaker pros

Please just scrap all pvp aside from 3v3, this is rng against fotm try hards.

Seriously only fought two different characters, fb pros and traps. This is the worst excuse of pvp.
Last edited by terrex on Jan 3, 2015, 2:04:12 PM
I feel like i could have easily won all my matches

but, im shit

qq

- FB not OP
- traps not OP
- tornado not OP
- puncture, still pretty OP but I have a very complicated plan for next time
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jan 3, 2015, 2:13:03 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:
I feel like i could have easily won all my matches

but, im shit

qq

- FB not OP
- traps not OP
- tornado not OP
- puncture, still pretty OP but I have a very complicated plan for next time

LOL

and plape is legit
LOL
Oh I forgot about molten strike. OP compared to all the other melee skills, but beatable.
probably should be nerfed a little but idc.

Actually I think the only inherently broken skill is still Puncture. Everything else has actual counters. 5 bleed flasks from now on?
"
Fightgarr wrote:
Oh I forgot about molten strike. OP compared to all the other melee skills, but beatable.

Actually I think the only inherently broken skill is still Puncture. Everything else has actual counters. 5 bleed flasks from now on?

Okay, so what counters fb + reactive gems + cyclone instead of traps?

Can you guys stop beating off over these 2-3 stupid op boring as shit builds and move on with it?

The reactive gems + shield + whatever you want to use for your attack = instant win unless you fight a mirror match up or traps.

Its just a cycle at this point and unless you join it, the pvp just makes you miserable.
"
terrex wrote:
"
Fightgarr wrote:

OK I'll bite:

- Use range
- Use traps (DO IT)
- Don't use multistrike
- Outmaneuver them (Facebreakers still have the worst movement options of any spec)
- Get better block+dodge than the big clumsy marauders can get and RNG them out
- If you're a spellcaster, just nuke them? I can't imagine this being very hard... I do it pretty easily in FFA anyway.

Everyone can do AT LEAST 2 of these things, which should be enough to beat them.

And if you get a quick first win and REALLY don't respect their build, go ahead and draw them out for the rest of the match. I wouldn't do this myself but there's nothing stopping you.

Hey maybe if I ever get the crafting guide done it's time for a strategy guide!

...Nah.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jan 3, 2015, 3:12:28 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Fightgarr wrote:

OK I'll bite:

- Use range
- Use traps (DO IT)
- Don't use multistrike
- Outmaneuver them (Facebreakers still have the worst movement options of any spec)
- Get better block+dodge than the big clumsy marauders can get and RNG them out

Everyone can do AT LEAST 2 of these things, which should be enough to beat them.

And if you get a quick first win and REALLY don't respect their build, go ahead and draw them out for the rest of the match. I wouldn't do this myself but there's nothing stopping you.

Hey maybe if I ever get the crafting guide done it's time for a strategy guide!

...Nah.

Hahah, more like... Hug a corner then flicker in when they get in close and instantly kill them.

Say all you want to protect your build. None of these actions really matter unless you are specd for traps against the cheesy cyclone / fb / molten.

Keep making the pvp into something it isn't, you guys actually disgust me with your attitude and shun towards any even playing field and balance.

Your post supports the only trappers can fight the cyclone / fb / molten.

Fun pvp with 2 viable builds.
Last edited by terrex on Jan 3, 2015, 3:18:33 PM
PvP is about winning at any cost. The guys who are winning are PvPing the best. The rest need to improve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info