[1.3.1]The Immortal King— Static Strike&Reckoning (Cheap + All map mod viable) updated 11/02

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays !!!

Welcome to my new created build.

Most exiles may think that all block build has been extremely nerfed since patch 1.3.0

I will tell you that it is NOT totally true.Now, let's see how to build a extremely powerful character using the new skills and cheap items.

Videos are always more convincing than long speech.
Map Boss Videos
Spoiler

Sorry for the graphic quality and the watermark of the video. I am new to video recording and I am using a trial version of Dxtory.

The videos have purpose to show that I am NOT exaggerating the immortaliy of this build. It can easily handle most of hard bosses.

Dominus Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4rEzqJzsQ

75 Merveil (Necropolis)
Map mod : burning ground/elemental weakness/+75%lightning res/ 92% extra cold damage/nemesis mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJmrl0Ypcg&feature=youtu.be

More video will be added if you wish :)

Disclaimer :
This is not a theory-craft build. Maybe not so much videos, but I ensure that all map mod and map boss(66-77) have been tested by myself!

The keywords are Immortal, All map mod viable, Good clear speed and CHEAP !!!

Don't expect it to have the same dps as any crit build. They die so quickly if they don't handle the reflection. With this build, you can just engage with no-brain whatever the situation is. You can even kill monsters when being afk. Just so cool!

First, pros&cons

Pros
never die(even when you get a big lag after open a rare strongbox)
good clear speed
no worry about reflection (whether physical or elemental)
can do even bloodmagic map
no generation map is not a problem at all (In addition to your static strike, reckoning and vengeance also give you mana leech)
66-78 map boss all tested, no problem!(Just be careful with 78 Dominus smash)
All these with very cheap items (less than 5ex)

Cons
Nothing except several unique items are required but they are cheap

Main concept of the build
Life-based
Max block
Spoiler

We use a legacy "the bringer of rain" (from patch 1.2.0 is enough, the 15% block chance is the key). It is necessary for us to maximize our block chance(73%). Also it gives us a free 6L.

The main problem of the bringer of rain is the lack of elemental resistance. This can be resolved efficiently by our passive tree. In fact, we get 63 fire, 55 ice, 55 lightning resistatnce for the passive. All these comes with very cool notable passive point. Now I have almost 100 all resistance in merciless. If you want to get more or your gears lack resistances. There are still some resistance points remained alongside our tree (scion start, marauder start and 2 shield passives)

We use Stone of Lazhwar and RainbowStride to get spell block (55%)

All these three items are cheap in Standard League. (legacy BoR 1ex, lazhwar 1 alt, rainbowstride 5 chaos)

Using static strike as main attack skill
Spoiler

Try it and you will know how awesome it is. You don't need to use a melee spash or gmp to get aoe. In my opinion, it will probably be nerfed later because it overwhelms too much other melee attack skills, especially reave.

Using reckoning+life gain on hit for recovery(beside life regeneration and life leech)
Spoiler
This combination is extremely awesome.
When you block, your reckoning will give you 54hp if it hits one monster. If it hits 6 monsters, then you recovery 300hp instantly. It is almost a minor version of Aegis Aurora!

Using vengeance+curse on hit to cast curse
Spoiler

This gives us auto-cast curse. It is good for us because we don't have many mana to spend.
I recommand temporal chains for more survivability.(To be immortal!) You can also use enfeeble if you have enough int.

At level 80, you can achieve (with very cheap items)

16000+ dps for static strike
73 block and 55 spell block
11000+ armor
At least 75 for all elemental resistance
300 life regeneration per second

Passive Tree

Skill setup & Aura & bandit rewards
Spoiler

6L(BoR) : Static Strike + multistrike + weapon elemental damage + life leech
4L (gloves & boots) :
Reduced mana + hatred + herald of ash + tempest shield
Reckoning + life gain on hit + increased AoE + concentred effect
3L (weapon & shield)
Vengeance + curse on hit + temporal chains (or enfeeable or elemental weakness)
Leap slam + fast attacks + enduring cry

Aura : hatred + herald of ash + tempest shield

Bandits: kill all at all difficulty

My current gear
You can see that I don't use any expensive unique items. My rare items are also not high-level at all.
Spoiler

How to gear
Spoiler

Get the legacy Bringer of Rain (1ex), Stone of Lazhwar(1 alt), RainbosStride(5 chaos). They are important for this build.

Doryani's Catalyst boosts a lot our dps with a price at 2ex-3ex. You can choose another one-handed weapon if you have a better choice.

The shield we use should have high armor or evasion rating. I use Lioneye's Remorse(1 fusing) Most people just sell it to npc but we can take it for good use.

For rings, gloves and belt, we need resistance, life and at least 2% mana leech(from physical attack).

That's all. It is not complicated to build since we use cheap unique items. Unique items are more simple to find on poexyz than rare items.

Map run tips
Spoiler

Map mods
Blood magic : don't use aura, just less dps, no survivablity impact
Reflect : no impact, even combined with -20 player maximum resistatnce
No generation : we still have life leech and life gain on hit for recovery. Prepare a mana flask in case of insufficient mana leech
Fracture : A little painful, we clear less quickly but no survivablity impact
+75 lightning/fire/ice resistance, elemental equilibrium : no big impact since our damage is a mix of physical, lightning, fire and ice.
Curse : no special impact

Map boss
Piety, Dominus : easy
66-69 boss : easy
70 Merveil : easy
71 Piety : easy
71 Kole : easy, use granite flask to be safer
72 The Weaver(Jungle valley) : easy, just don't forget to use flask
72 Paradisae Venenum(Labyrinth) : easy, he cannot kill you although you will take a little time to kill him.
72 Amarissa (Torture Chamber) : careful, he is the most dangerous boss for us. Jump to it and kill it fast, at the same time, use topaz flask and eternal flask. The longer the battle lasts, the more danger you risk.
74 Vaal : feasible, just don't get smashed
74 Dominus : feasible, just don't get smashed
75 Merveil (Necropolis) : easy
76 Crematorium: feasible, don't try to face tank all the time, jump to her, attack for 3-4 seconds then run away for recovery, repeat several times and it's done.
76 Academy: feasible, same as Crematorium, if you feel that your hp drops too quickly, jump away for recovery.

Atziri And Uber Atziri : haven't tried yet

Other bosses are not worth being mentioned here. (Tell me if I lose someone)

If you have questions or suggestions about this build, just ask here. Any feed-back is welcome. I will often review this thread.

At last, happy holidays for another time and enjoy !!

=====================================================================================

Edited 11/02/15

After experience different kinds of build during 2 months(ex : righteous incinerator templar, non-crit ethereal knife shadow, dual wielding doryani critical static strike marauder, dual wielding divinarius critical ball lightning witch),I finally find that this static strike blocker is the most brainless and no-stress.

Here are my current gear with little improvement (new doryani, add craft suffixe to my rings and belt)

Spoiler

Now have 20k dps, 13k armor, 5079 hp, 73% block chance and 55% spell block chance. Resistances capped even under elemental weakness. chaos resistance is -60.

Only tried once Atziri long time ago. Failed.(Maybe doable with the new bleed immunity on flask and carefulness)

Except Atziri, the only thing in game that can kill me is:

1. Summoner rogue exile. Her minions explode when on low life. I can undertake 4 explosion. Anyway,should be careful very dangerous!

2. lvl 78 Dominus smash. Be careful, jump out as soon as he raise his fist.

Everything else is extremely simple.

Here are some screenshots of map that might be considered difficult for some other builds. I ran them without any problem (never die, brainless, rarely use flasks :-) )
Spoiler

Last edited by Lelouchzqy on Feb 11, 2015, 2:52:47 PM
Nice guide. For your lvl 90 tree, I hope that 10 int node between marauder/templar was just a misclick because you could take the 30 int node instead.
... a very cool and powerful build with low budget

you guys have to try this ^^
Trading still sucks
"
Nice guide. For your lvl 90 tree, I hope that 10 int node between marauder/templar was just a misclick because you could take the 30 int node instead.

Yes, it is a misclick. Now replace it with a 5% life point
Thank you very much for point it out

Since its a new build, actually, I am lvl 80. I think that Lvl 90 won't be far with the immortality of this build :)
Atziri And Uber Atziri Viable?
"
wolgart wrote:
Atziri And Uber Atziri Viable?

Haven't tried yet. Maybe the aoe will be a bottleneck.
Good build as it seems, but your damage is low.

Do you think you could balance it a tad more aggressively? Like, 30 K DPS which I feel should be the goal.
Also I would not necessarily call it cheap with that legacy Rumi's but oh well. Nonlegacy might do the trick as well.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
Good build as it seems, but your damage is low.

Do you think you could balance it a tad more aggressively? Like, 30 K DPS which I feel should be the goal.
Also I would not necessarily call it cheap with that legacy Rumi's but oh well. Nonlegacy might do the trick as well.

Hello,

Surely you can be aggressive et get 30K dps.

By replacing the life leech gem to added fire gem. My dps augments from 17k to 22k. There are also a lot of damage nodes around the current passive tree. You can drop some life nodes or block chances nodes in exchange for more dps.

But personally, I won't do this. Because without the current tankiness, I could have died in certain circumstances. For example, 72 Torture chamber boss, 72 Jungle Valley boss, 77 Crematorium boss, etc.

With 5000 hp, a 20q life leech gem gives you 1200 hp recovery per second, beside the 300+ life regeneration and life gain on hit by reckoning. Protected by high block chance and high armor, you will be extremly safe to leveling and never lose that 10% exp. (My previous builds all suffer from leveling after lvl 86. I always attack some high level maps when low level maps give too little exp. But you know, certain map boss or monster combined with certain map mod are very hard and I can't stop doing this kind of challenge. Maybe I should change my play style.)

After all, it depends on your play style and your currency. This build is just cheap and safe.

Last edited by Lelouchzqy on Dec 29, 2014, 1:20:37 PM
Here I am at level 50. Only came close to dying once, and that was when I purposely took the heavy hit from Vaal to test the build. Only time I ever got to half health.

Build 50:

Gear 50:
Spoiler

Bandits: Normal saved Oak (HC league), Cruel Helped Oak, and for Merc will kill all.

Update level 60. Had a desynch death and started over :( However this time around at level 60 at a much better place gear wise. This build really starts to take shape in the late 40's and 50's. By the time I get Merciless it's crazy how much DPS this puts out.

Stats at 60:
SS DPS - 3700 (Reckoning/Riposte 1k each, Vengeance 650)
Life: 3000
Armor: 4800
Resists: 130%+ all 3
Chance to Block 38%
Spell Block: 19%

Build 60:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FEaPn7ieTnp1fIvns2XeSgqi0-baoVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcyfNlyqcT2PQ8kiwY58wZRYDwtxq4cpwxfU6X7qhzOK1ANzf5UpzCfy2jy8B-iAASzwGZ8u3flV-LtIIKb4XPsOMWKVamXtGoBn9_vfLc-_grYvTWStfJuqkrIJy-QVRo4

Gear 60:
Spoiler

Currently farming Crypt for Chaos and items to pay for the real items.

This belt might be a nice option for end game. With low stats for Int/Dex in the tree this makes up for it.

Running Riposte as a 3rd auto-attack for the lulz.
Last edited by amkronos on Jan 6, 2015, 12:40:36 AM
"
amkronos wrote:
Giving this build a shot currently in bloodlines. All I can say so far (only level 41 Act 1 Cruel) is it's a lot of fun.

Current DPS tooltip is 883 with Hatred and Tempest shield running. At 40% block already, 1600+ AC, and 1500+ hps.

Using SS, WED, Multistrike in a shield with +1 melee gems. Haven't found a decent 4 link yet.
For curse I am doing really well with CoH, Enfeeble, Reckoning, LGoH. With Tempest Shield up almost every group gets cursed.

So far love the synergy, and it's very survivable. Haven't had to run from a fight yet. Got lucky and a Granite Flask dropped in Act 3 normal. Huge addition to the build for heavy melee fights.

So some questions...

Currently can't run more than 2 auras. Reduced mana just not high enough. If you could only run two, and Tempest Shield is a must what is your opinion the must have for the second when low level? Currently doing Hatred for DPS, but kinda miss the synergy of HoA and SS.

Is there any spots later from 40-60 I really need to worry about? What stats I should shoot for before going into Merciless?

Mana seems to be an issue. Just going to assume that mana leach items later will make this work without needing mana pots.

Hello

I started this build with my previous lvl49 marauder from merciless act2. Never died except when encountered the summoner Rogue Exile in Lunaris Temple!!!

In fact, My lvl87 marauder died twice yesterday when party with my friend. All these two times are the same situation — a summoner rogue jump out from a rare strongbox. I am used to face tanking everything. But for this rogue and her exploding zombie, it's difficult. So be careful with her!!

For aura, Hatred is good. I think you know that the damage gained is calculated before the damage conversion. So no problem. HoA causes monsters to flee. Sometimes this is annoying. But well, it boosts our damage.

For mana issue, don't run HoA if you don't have enough mana left. Later, when you get at least 2% mana leech with a 10k+ dps(3k+ phys), it works fine. Investing in mana node is a waste.

For leveling, since you play bloodline league, I think try to maximize first the block is more important than dps. There is no special difficulty. Just be careful with Dominus. Find someone to help you is more ensuring.

Enjoy!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info