Scolds Bridle + Cloak Of Flames + 2x Mokou Embrace + Incinerate = perma 40% cast speed?

"
SirLoin wrote:
I'm running Vaal Molten Shell as well which procs everytime i cast. It does insane damage.

Oh my god that's brilliant!
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
I dont understand how do you bypass all negative sides of scolds with this combo, incinerate mana cost is usually high

scolds could by good for CoC, where is no cast speed involved and mana cost is low

sure

not mentioning AA in OP does not make it really self-explanatory

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Flameblast seems like a good spell for this combo. You can never have too much cast speed with FB, and all those ignite bonuses can combine to possibly give enough chance that you don't need proliferation to ensure most enemies get ignited after.

Plus it's a channeling spell, so it probably procs Vaal Molten Shell continuously, right?

As for arctic armor, all you have to do is keep it at a level where it doesn't block 100% of the fire damage dealt to you. Since the source is spells you cast, that should be pretty easy.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Dec 25, 2014, 5:29:33 PM
@SirLoin: That sounds like a wicked combo, nice.
I was really hoping to get a Scold's to drop/buy before people found out about VMS.
Well... fuck. Cat's out of the bag now (between this and the reddit video link the other day).

Already 2+ ex and rising.
I grabbed one as soon as i could:

After the fiasco of not getting a shav ring when i could i do not skip on league only uniques ever again.

Also the possibility to constantly damage yourself to proc stuff opens a lot of funny stuff to experiment with. (Lightning Warp + CWDT while casting arc? ;D)

No regrets :)
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 25, 2014, 6:44:28 PM
I'am working on that shit too

But for the moment even with 135 cost cyclone or lightning tendrils, i can't ignite myself anymore, i take 0% fire damage with AA from the spell i cast.

I'am planning :

I hope i could use RF/MOM/AA/EE/MS/VMS/DISCHARGE

Maybe Romira, i don't know so much possibility with this item.
@snakesolidx
Like your idea of using romiras.

Elemental Equilibrium with Incinerate + CWDT Lightning/Cold spells could be interesting, if you can proc the spells fast enough.

Something like:

6L: Discharge - Conc Effect - CWDT [level x] - Life Leech - Added lightning damage[or lightning pen i guess] - Increased Crit Damage
4L: CWDT - Ice Nova - Conc Effect [or added cold?] - Life Leech

Use romiras to generate power charges.
Void bringer to ramp up mana cost and give crit to CWDT spells, use Incinerate+Faster Projectiles[or something else??]+Echo+GMP to generate power charges and apply EE before ice nova/discharge hits.

Think it might be possible, and maybe fun as hell also :D

Edit:

problem would be using EE would mean no heralds, so think it is actually better not to use EE and just use heralds as they would give more dps to CWDT skills than EE anyway.

Malachai's artifice could be used to proc a weaker EE with flameblast and then turning on heralds but it's quirky to work around it.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Dec 25, 2014, 7:24:31 PM
Re: EE + VMS, any light/cold skill with similar characteristics to VMS (read: point blank aoe) and fast cast time would be legit. Ice and Shock Nova come to mind first.

As much fun as max cast speed Incinerate/Flameblast would be for putting out a ton of VMS hits, I think VMS is equally good at "few, big, proliferating burn" hits.

L1 Ice Nova + Faster Casting + AoE should do the trick alongside EE/fire/burning on the tree and VMS + prolif + fire pen + crit/chance-to-ignite.

---

Note that it does not need to be a spell!
Scold's is "skills hurt you" not "spells hurt you".

There's the possibility of throwing Scold's+VMS on virtually any build and getting returns out of it. Stuff like Leap/Sweep/Cleave/Reave/RoA all share AoE (and potentially point blank aoe) with VMS.
"
SirLoin wrote:
I'm running a build with this setup right now. It's an incinerate righteous fire build with Cloak of Flame and Mokou's. I'm basically permanently ignited. I don't run arctic armour at all, otherwise I wouldn't be able to ignite myself. I have 31% reduced mana cost of skills so the damage from Scold's is barely noticeable.

I'm running Vaal Molten Shell as well which procs everytime i cast. It does insane damage.

What is your uptime on VMS?
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info