Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Awesome guide mate. Thank you so much for sharing this.

What do you think about replacing Faster Casting with Hypothermia?
I love this char. Started in Talisman and working fine so far.
Nevertheless i have a few questions:

========================================================

- What about dual cursing? I am using Assasin's Mark (casting manually on right mouse button) and Warlords Mark on HoI. AM is extremly good since it provies Power Charges all the time (NO PoC needed), MORE Crit dmg, +X% crit Chance and leech on kill. I am currently using Windscream, but i will skill the additional curse later and switch to 30% movement boots.

- Why Vaal Storm Call and not Vaal spark ? I currently use vaal spark and the felt damage is much higher, especially against Bosses. It needs much more souls, yes, but using the two vaal soul gaining jewels should make it possible to spawn spark in 80% of the time your running thourgh a map, while using flame dash or whirling blade.
I also tried Vaal storm Call, you can cast it much more often, but the damage isnt that good in my eyes .. (4Linked)

As i play on Talisman, my gear isn't that good. So,
-> Is this staff worth to keep an eye on?
It is still possible to craft crit chance on it

my thoughts are to put Arc in it and 5/6link that bitch, which also makes it possible to use the Vaal Spark/Storm Call on a 5l/6l

Setup for 5l i have in Mind: Arc/Echo/FasterCast/Empower/Cold Penetration OR maybe increased critical damge

Or is this one not worth trying to 5/6l it?

Loosing the sockets (2x 3link) is not a problem for the setup i'm targeting.

==

I've read some discussions in this guide for using Pledge of Hands.
is it in 2.1 still a solid, but not optimal choice?
In my eyes, the Staff i found listed above beats pledge thanks to the crit nodes (+2 is a free link)

=======

If 2Hand staff generally sucks, what about this dagger?

Still possible to craft up to 44% Spell damage on it.
two of that kind provide high crit, but no +2 and no 6Link ... mew

=========================================================

How much FREE mana (and Mana regen) would you recommend before i'm going to skill MoM ?

Really thankfull for your answer on that !
keep it going!
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Dec 17, 2015, 10:15:55 AM
Guys, is it not worth picking up Frost Walker/Lightning walker in the tree?

Sorry if it has been answered before. Didn't read all pages and couldn't figure out how to search just this post
"
Aedax wrote:
Guys, is it not worth picking up Frost Walker/Lightning walker in the tree?

Sorry if it has been answered before. Didn't read all pages and couldn't figure out how to search just this post

if you use lightning coil (what is a MUST in my eyes), it might make sense to hit the lightning res, but you're hardly needin' that skill points for other benefits.

18% dmg + 8 % ele dmg + 15 % res is a nice deal for two points, but if you have to skip some life nodes or a power charge for it, than i think its not worth it.
So, I finally got some currency going (2ex) and I am wondering what I should invest in. I am thinking about buying Call of the Brotherhood or Facebreaker. Can anyone help me out?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InsaneX3/characters - Kizumix
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
So, I finally got some currency going (2ex) and I am wondering what I should invest in. I am thinking about buying Call of the Brotherhood or Facebreaker. Can anyone help me out?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InsaneX3/characters - Kizumix

call of the brotherhood was the first item i bought for 2 ex on the Talisman League.
It makes Herald of Ice very powerfull, chills enemys, gives more damage (due to the Passive node that gives 25% cold AND lightning damage) and makes cursing on hit with HoI working.
90% of the enemies get shattered, so if you're using chill of corruption jewel to get more Vaal Gem souls, its another benefit.

I guess that says all ;)
@longnhong2011: The problem with Hypothermia is that you don't benefit until the enemy is chilled. We oneshot most packs anyway so there's not much to gain, but for some rares and bosses that you simply can't freeze/chill you'll deal substantially less damage.
You'll also be locked in place for a longer time, which hurts mobility.
Only positive thing i can see is even easier chroming for Lightning Coil.

@Pupalaka: I used to have Whispers of Doom in this build and gain Endurance/Frenzy charges through HoI and have a defensive dualcurse on CwDt. Currently it's dropped with the hopes of a possible +1 curse jewel coming, that was somewhat teased at some point.
I personally find CoH + Ass Mark too unreliable, especially for longer bossfights where you need the crit consistency the most. But it's up to you, if it works for you sure why not.

I have different experiences with 4l Vaal Storm Call vs 4l Vaal Spark, but it probably depends on the type of map you run. Another thing though, Vaal Storm Call is way less laggy and screen cluttering than Vaal Storm Call.

I don't really like staves for lightning spells, you'll lose alot of possible cast speed which is just way too important for damage consistency, to overcome the huge lightning damage range faster.
That particular staff ain't worth 5/6linking either, you can easily alt/mastercraft a set of better wands (~20% spell dmg implicit + mid range spell dmg/spell crit rolls + master cast speed x2) for less than it would cost to even 6s that staff.
Staves are usually only really worth it with +3 gem level boost, otherwise you are left with higher passive tree & gear investment for a less optimal result.

The dagger is way better, craft spell damage on it and pair it with a cast speed sceptre. This allows you to use Whirling Blades and you still get atleast one cast speed roll.

I've had around 500 unreserved mana and 130 mana/s when i specced MoM in talisman, and had no problems in lower maps.

@Aedax: Jewel sockets give better results for the same amount of points, even with mediocre jewels.

@InsaneX3: Get CotB, Facebreakers are pretty common so the market is going to fill with them pretty soon which drops prices.
twitch.tv/enki91
This may have been answered before but in don't have time to read 97 pages :-/. Why are we rocking enfeeble and warlords mark as two curses if we do not take the 2 curse node?
@Enki

thanks so far for Explanation. I also will going to use a nice dagger and a Spirit shield with crit, as i will try to stay at least a bit tanky.

How exactly do you generate frenzy charges ?
Hypo doesnt work as we 1shot, as you explained

Is the damage of Vaal storm call high enough on end Levels to deal decent damage?
OK, so here is my lady. What to improve firtst? Or some other pointers?
While my damage is not bad, I still feel squishy.

Also I fear that changing my gloves to Facebrakers will make her total glass cannon...
I do not use Clarity, because I do not have MoM yet. Usually I run with Anger+HoT+AA.
"
Enki91 wrote:
Another thing though, Vaal Storm Call is way less laggy and screen cluttering than Vaal Storm Call.

I think you meant Vaal Spark at the end of the sentence ;)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Dec 17, 2015, 11:50:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info