Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

This build stacks cast speed, so while I understand the being tanky with a shield aspect, you do lose out on upwards of 40%+ cast speed by doing so (20% from Dark Arts, and ~20%+ from a second Wand, although in your case, a dagger can't roll cast speed either, so you'll miss out on ~50-60% cast speed.)

Frenzy Charges used to be generated via the second curse with Poacher's Mark, but it was swapped out for the 2.1 update with Blood Rage. I really wanted to avoid it, but Ice Bite simply isn't at all reliable and Frenzy doesn't work for us, so we have little other choice but to deal with the degen.

As to Enfeeble, that's linked to Cast When Damage Taken, to act as a 'counter-curse' when things manage to hit you. It's meant to weaken them to give you a chance to get away or allow you to tank them briefly so you can kill them. Warlord's Mark is applied on-kill via Curse On Hit with HoI, and generally only works while you're clearing packs.

Personally I'd love to be even less reliant on curses, because maps with curse immunity or curse reflection means that any builds designed around those curses to function properly become useless, but I'd say self-casting Blood Rage and Enduring Cry before every pack is going to get old really quickly.

Hopefully I can look over my Arc Witch again soon; still busy getting a Ranger up through the game to get to mapping on Talisman.
So EB wasn't worth it? You're very close to it.
IGN Trinification
Last edited by QCD on Dec 17, 2015, 1:21:56 PM
@InsaineMad: Both curses will override each other automatically in the situations they're needed. Warlords Mark is replacing our leech gem - Herald of Ice will apply the curse to surrounding enemies on kill, which Arc then chains to and leeches from. The curse is mostly only needed for this short time, and will only override CwDt + Enfeeble in this situation.

@Pupalaka: Blood Rage for frenzy charges. Vaal Storm Call does decent damage, if it wasn't worth it i wouldn't recommend it.

@Nishrek: Craft life on your rare ring and replace Lori's Lantern with a better ring, so you can switch to Facebreakers and stay res capped. Get an amulet with high life and mana regen, and preferably mana and crit multi.

@QCD: EB is counter productive for this build. We couldn't use Lightning Coil nor dualwield because we'd need an ES chest and shield to get a reasonable ES pool, and we'd still be restricted to Blood Dance and slightly higher passive investment. Not to mention no mana pots for risky situations.

All in all too much investment for something that works better with mana.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks, yeah.

What would you say is the most important piece of gear? Right now I'm lvl 70, with crappy 1-alch levelling gear. I have three set pieces in mind: Maligaro's, LC and CotB, all costing around 1 ex. I guess I should get the ring first? Or Coil perhaps?
IGN Trinification
"
QCD wrote:
Thanks, yeah.

What would you say is the most important piece of gear? Right now I'm lvl 70, with crappy 1-alch levelling gear. I have three set pieces in mind: Maligaro's, LC and CotB, all costing around 1 ex. I guess I should get the ring first? Or Coil perhaps?

Doesnt cotb costs 1ex itself?
Yes, they all cost one ex, each.
IGN Trinification
Thoughts on Bitterdream? Huge loss in cast speed make it useless? Using it to level, at 55 most mobs still shatter (arc/echo/light pen).
ign allevia
Alright I'm having trouble focusing on what to upgrade next for my toon. I need a goal to work towards so what do you guys think I should absolutely upgrade on my gear right now?

My gear is:
Spoiler
What about dropping facebreaker gloves for tri resist/life gloves and using doedre's damning ring instead of the other rare ring? Can then run dual curse and could swap in assassin's mark or whatever to out dps the loss from facebreakers.
What do you think about this new flask for the build? Looks pretty OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info