Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
aGalaxy_ wrote:

I am at delve level 500, trying to get to 600 and I am starting to find it pretty difficult, what can I improve? should I upgrade my watchers eye to one with pen? a +1 inpulsas? pen on my boots instead of leech? something else? have about 20ex to spend

your gear is fine to reach depth 600, it's probably more about playstyle
Don't stay in the middle of encounter (stay as far from monsters as possible). Try not to use whirling blades too much, just walk behind the crawler

and maybe get another enchant on your boots (16% increased attack and cast speed if you've killed recently)

p.s. +1 gems inpulsa's (or +2lvl of duration gems) is more cost effective for DPS than double wrath watcher's. And you'll need lvl 4 empower instead of added lightning if you want to use +1lvl gems or +2duration gems inpulsa's
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 18, 2019, 6:04:11 AM
"
PerkyPsycho wrote:

B) less budget friendly but slightly higher dps

Aim for 2 stats yellow base (elemental to chaos damage + elemental penetration).

-why elemental penetration? elemental penetration and cast speed are optimal suffixes when it comes to damage output. cast speed is easy to craft on our hideout crafting bench while elemental penetration is obtainable only as rng currency crafted stat.

Crafting process:
- use alterations, augments and regals until you get those two stats
- after that, use annulment hoping it will delete third, unwanted, stat. Chances you will fail miserably are 66% :D But that are pretty good odds considering all other rng this game has to offer.

Your dagger should look like this:
16-20% elemental as chaos damage (prefix)
9-10% elemental penetration (suffix)
-multiple crafted mod- (suffix)
flat lightning damage to spells (prefix)
15-18% cast speed (suffix)
spell damage/non chaos hybrid mod (prefix)

If you hit good rolls you will have the most optimal weapon for this build. Crafting something better would be extremely difficult. It would require hundreds of exalts and it isn't suitable for temporary leagues.

Estimated expenses:
dagger base - from 10c to 2exa
crafting currency (alterations, regals, scourings, annulments) - from 1 to 5+ex, depends on your luck
multiple crafted mod - 2ex
max cast speed - 1ex
flat lightning and hybrid mod - few chaos

Estimated total: dagger base + 10 ex

Can you get the extra Chaos and/or the Elem Penetration mods while you Regal, or do you need them both before using the Regal?

Thx
Last edited by _Netdiver on Jan 18, 2019, 6:31:44 AM
Hi there.
Newish player here, really enjoying the heck out of your build. I did the usual noob mistakes by reading poorly (at first) but I fixed all the newby mistakes later on. Enjoying every content so far, I only encounter problems with bosses like elder, his guardians and MM f.e.

- I would like to let you have a look at my character to give me some adivce, what else I could improve. I know that the flask or not the ones you provide in your guide (not all at least) and wanted to hear from you, if they may be the reason I die quicker, since I had a debatte with my flatmates, if dmg > survivabilty or not. But talking about various builds in the debatte and not my build specific didn't provide the best solution so far (I think).

- Also I was thinking about using a mace x mace combo, but I loose a lot of resistance by doing so, so I stepped away from that idea.

- About the movement skills: I just love Flame Dash and Light. Warp too much x) Do I miss a great deal out on not having Forify trough Shield Dash?

- About the armor: I do know that a Impulsa would help my dmg, but I can't bear the server lack tbh. The Loreweaver I tryed, but only 5 Link. It would help my survivabilty (I think) but I dont know if I should switch to it by now, since the enchant on my helm has a nice synergy with the armor.

- About my rings: I'm saving to get the Essence Worm as Elder Ring, since it would make a big dmg buff, if I get behind that exalt-wall.

- And as a last question (gettin a lot, I know):
Are there any builds you that you'd say are similar to a Ark witch that I might try nxt season? At this point I'm really close to beeing a 1-build-pony since I can't seem to find anything that has all the chaining Arc provides (which I love so much).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Punk_Cat/characters

Sry for wall of text and a big thanks if you reply tho :D No salt if you don't ;)
Last edited by Punk_Cat on Jan 18, 2019, 6:28:17 AM
thanks for build, what weapon effect do you have? its really nice ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wRm0AIbr-U&feature=youtu.be
@_Netdiver: Regaling one of those affixes works too.

@Punk_Cat: Your character tab is private, can you please change it in your privacy settings?

@axel88: It's the Exalted Weapon Effect from a very old supporter pack, can't get it anymore.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 18, 2019, 8:26:24 AM
double post
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 18, 2019, 8:26:02 AM
hello,
i really loved leveling with this guide, but now at T8+ maps i die a lot. Of course I know that I need to update a lot of things, but can someone help me towards what is 100% super necessary at first?
char name: mounitsagr

"
dervisis wrote:
hello,
i really loved leveling with this guide, but now at T8+ maps i die a lot. Of course I know that I need to update a lot of things, but can someone help me towards what is 100% super necessary at first?
char name: mounitsagr

At the very top of the first post there's a highlighted link that says "Click here for what to upgrade next." Read that and follow it. It will answer your questions. It's an easy to follow flow chart. Start at the top and work your way down.
"
_Netdiver wrote:
Can you get the extra Chaos and/or the Elem Penetration mods while you Regal, or do you need them both before using the Regal?

Honestly, unless you are playing standard (no veiled mods), you are best off going with only 16-20% ele as extra chaos and crafting the rest (unless you get lucky with other mods and don't want to spend/risk the anull). The damage difference in very minor, and 7% double damage can actually be higher dps than 10% ele pen if there is enough pen in your other gear.

To answer your question though, it doesn't matter if it happens via alteration, augmentation, or regal. Simply the more undesirable stats, the more you have to anull.

"
Punk_Cat wrote:
- Also I was thinking about using a mace x mace combo, but I loose a lot of resistance by doing so, so I stepped away from that idea.

- About the movement skills: I just love Flame Dash and Light. Warp too much x) Do I miss a great deal out on not having Forify trough Shield Dash?

- About the armor: I do know that a Impulsa would help my dmg, but I can't bear the server lack tbh. The Loreweaver I tryed, but only 5 Link. It would help my survivabilty (I think) but I dont know if I should switch to it by now, since the enchant on my helm has a nice synergy with the armor.

- About my rings: I'm saving to get the Essence Worm as Elder Ring, since it would make a big dmg buff, if I get behind that exalt-wall.

- And as a last question (gettin a lot, I know):
Are there any builds you that you'd say are similar to a Ark witch that I might try nxt season? At this point I'm really close to beeing a 1-build-pony since I can't seem to find anything that has all the chaining Arc provides (which I love so much).

As Enki mentioned, your privacy settings are set to private, so only you can view your characters.

Weapons: I can't see the resistances, but you are much better off with dps mods than defensive ones on weapons. That said, make sure to maintain resistance cap above any dps choice.

Movement: If Lightning Warp didn't require a 4L setup in order to be viable, I'd be right there with you. Others may disagree, but I find I'm much better off never getting in melee range to proc Fortify, and it's only there for an "oops" moment when I dashed in too close. LW requires movement speed to scale effectively, and WB or LS do not. Also, if you have LW, FD serves no purpose.

Armor: Without seeing your character I can't help you there. If Inpulsa's is making you lag, it certainly ceases to be a speed clearing change, and that is where the bulk of it's benefit comes from; shock effectiveness can be obtained elsewhere. It's also if I'm not mistaken the most expensive chest ever in the game (at least early league it was).

Ring: Enki likes it, and MotS + Elder Essence is good, but I am not a fan of it. It is very expensive, and that expense will serve you better on other gear. There are a lot of dps mods for other gear, and if you sacrifice your ring as a viable source of resistance, you force yourself to forsake those mods elsewhere. You can get 2 fully functioning end-game crafted daggers/maces for the same cost as 1 Elder Essence Ring.

Builds: Well, with Arc there are Arc Totems, Arc Traps, and Arc Mines, all more popular than this self-cast Arc. Mines are most popular right now, but that's probably due to the similarity to trap, and I believe trap was most popular last league (switch it up and all). I'm also told Winter Orb is similar.

"
dervisis wrote:
Of course I know that I need to update a lot of things, but can someone help me towards what is 100% super necessary at first?

For upgrades read the upgrade guide. As a general rule, get all your sockets and get them linked (chest is fine at 5L). You also have plenty of room to lose fire/lightning resistance.

Your skill tree seems split between Alchemists and Spiritual Aid; get SA first, and you appear to be missing 2 passives from leveling, unless they just haven't been allocated yet.
"
Enki91 wrote:
@_Netdiver: Regaling one of those affixes works too.

"
"
_Netdiver wrote:

Honestly, unless you are playing standard (no veiled mods), you are best off going with only 16-20% ele as extra chaos and crafting the rest (unless you get lucky with other mods and don't want to spend/risk the anull). The damage difference in very minor, and 7% double damage can actually be higher dps than 10% ele pen if there is enough pen in your other gear.

To answer your question though, it doesn't matter if it happens via alteration, augmentation, or regal. Simply the more undesirable stats, the more you have to anull.

Thank you. I stop my endless and expensive quest. I am in Std League.

I've spent over 12k Alter and k's of Regal/Augs and 10's of Annulments so far. Maybe it could be good to include a kind warning for those in Standard League in the Craft Recipe for the "B" dagger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info